NHS

Administrator286 reviews
United Kingdom286 reviews

Found 286 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,850 reviews

Too many Fixed term contracts

no job security as its just extensions of Fixed Term contracts. Management dont seem to be sure of their own processes which makes training and asking questions difficult.

supportive management

My role can be fast-paced and quite stressful, however, I am lucky to have a very supportive supervisor and manager.I am able to work from home when needed.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Overall good

Good place to work, treated as part of the team. Ever changing. Good team to work for. Flexible and manageable workload. Management is fair and understanding.

Pros

Overall good

Cons

Can't think of any

Avoid. Bullying is rife

Bullying by senior staff is rife. The helpline is now managed externally which may help with reporting of incidents and issues but until good managers who do not micromanage, intimidate staff and withhold training are in place, there will not be an inclusive and nurturing environment.Pay is good and there are plenty of NHS discounts from many companies available on production of your work ID.

Appalling management

They often don't respond to requests when wanting help with incorrect pay/ shifts not put on or authorized on the bank. Also when your banding in low (band 2 or 3) you are not listened too. If you try to get promoted - forget it if you are not family or friends with those in power as nepotism is RIFE!!!! Use your time there to get experience and then take your experience elsewhere if you want to build a career.

Stressful

Almost every day is exhausting, I felt like I was burnt out all the time. I personally had minimal support and often hated reaching work in the morning.

Very stressful at the moment

There are many opportunities to grow here and the experience that you will gain will be very desirable. The days are very stressful and I do not feel we are paid for how much we work. Especially during the pandemic we have had very little support and funding to adjust to the increased workload.

Pros

Room to grow, excellent CV credentials

Cons

Stressful job and feeling undervalued

Great working environment

NHS KCHFT Bank administrator covid 19 vaccination programmeGreat work at the beginning, loads of shift but now that most ppl have had their vaccine no shifts since it’s bank anyways.Very repetitive so gets boring.

Fast paced workplace

own manager is lovely however big bosses and clinicians do not have any respect for admin. NHS do not pay on workload so you could be doing all the work in the world however if it is not classes as clinical you will not get paid enough.

Pros

Secure job

Ok

Not for everyone, if more organised possibly would be better. I used to enjoy working here but not anymore, hopefully will improve in the future.

A terrible place to work

A new starter as an administrator working at Doddington hospital. Little to no training for the position and when I joined my workstation was not setup and I had to spend a week doing this myself.No support from my mentors and little help from the nurses to get my job done, thoroughly disappointed with the role as this was not was expected.

Pros

Free coffee and car parking

Cons

Lack of management support, no empathy, expected to known medical terms from day one, bad work atmosphere.

Nice work low pay

Enjoy the job and it’s nice to have a job that makes a difference. But the job banding is wrong for a lot of jobs and the pay is poor considering the pressures every one is under.

fun place to work and everyone is supportive

Great place to work, everyone is so friendly and supportive. The hours are suited to my lifestyle and offered a range of placements within the trust.

Not the best working experience

Lack of support when starting, slow to gain access to anything so couldn’t complete majority of duties for over a month. Managers not present on-site due to WFH but lower bands (aka my role) left unsupervised and dealing with queries outside our band. High turnover meaning no cohesive team structure- basically no one knows what they are doing!

Productive rewarding role

Varied role that is rewarding and fulfilling whilst also being challenging. Lots of training offered and career progression. Supportive and collaborative team too.

Not flexible, double standard shown by some staff in the management.

Not the best organisation to work for especially with a large organisation one would expect some level of flexibility. The management are showing clear and blatantly obvious double standards when come to flexibility of working hours as they work part-time hours yet when I request to work part-time hours for better work life balance, my request was slammed down immediately. I'm not impressed.

Pros

Working from home.

Cons

Inflexible, poor management team, who aren't interested in the Staff welfare.

Stressful and busy workplace

Stressful and busy workplace with no communication between members of staff and management.Long hours and absolutely no work life balance at all. Awful.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Management, long hours and poo pay.

Service driven

A very busy hospital environment. Which can lead to a lot of stress, but have introduced measures to help staff. Communiction between management and staff needs improving

Pros

Friendly team

Cons

Stressful

It was an okay kind of job, nothing too special. The favouritism makes it almost hard to advance to a new level.

I loved working here. It's a good place to kick start your career, there would be lots of career progression opportunities but this may be dependent on who you know. Most of the times, they have already pinned someone for the role so a total waste of time going for the interview but you could still try for the experience. Skills, talents and hardwork not recognised ot rewarded.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No regular training.

Work hard, play hard ethos in the dept where I work. I enjoy it.

Start time is usually flexi hours between 8 and 10am. 45mins for lunch usually. Lots of work to do so busy all day- my supervisors are pleasant and respectful.

Pros

Not much promotion opportunties

Cons

have to pay for parking

Recruitment process was just over 3 months & the management was poor

From the day I was told I was being put forward for a role and to the day I actually started, the duration was way over 3 months. It was a role that sounded perfect for me so I waited and ate into savings while HR, Management and Recruitment sat on their hands.Upon starting no real training was given, access to systems wasn't prepared for my arrival and the team leader was unsociable and unfriendly which created a bad atmosphere overall.I wouldn't go back for double the wage.

Pros

Good working hours, weekly pay

Cons

Long recruitment process, poor management, poor organisation, no benefits

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement