NHS

NHS Employee Reviews for Associate

Associate16 reviews
United Kingdom16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,949 reviews

Nice place to work, good for pension scheme.

Long hours (but that's pretty much every NHS), some people can be very annoying but you have to manage. Nepotism is ridiculous. Its literally who you know and not all the time what you know .

Great job

I used to be a covid 19 multi skilled operative and the job was amazing very good pay would be a bit busy during peak times however it was defiantly worth it.

Pros

Cons

nothing

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,531 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

One of the few places where I felt welcome

It doesn’t matter how old you are, if you are disabled, or if you have learning disabilities the nhs needs you. It is honestly been one of the best places I e worked. I have never been ridiculed for being me. If the job had not ended, I would still be there now.

Worthwhile and supportive

An enjoyable place to work - supportive team and good training. Flexible trusted to behave like a professional. Promotion opportunities. Overtime opportunities.

Great teams to work with

Good place to work with, great colleagues also. Everyone communicates with each other to get the job done, managers are understanding and are happy to help

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Some long travelling

Plesently surprised.

Great staff and has a friendly atmosphere, the work is pretty straight forward and can be demanding at times like any other logistics business but I feel the pay is not on the level that it should be for the work we done here.

What i think about working for a nhs supplie chain.

Working for the nhs supplie chain was good to start with but as u start getting in to ur job roll they change wot they want you to do . You get trained on onething thing and the week later u end up training some one new .

I’ve had many jobs in the past where I’ve worked fast and hard for my wages but the NHS is slower paced and good for older tradesmen who are not interested in chasing big money . There are good benefits like the pension , full sick pay and good working hours that make up for the lower salary.Theres no need to feel stressed here.

Ok Job.

Shift work, Constant change, Micro managed, 12 hour shifts with no break, then becomes 13-14 hour shifts. managed by targets over peoples lives. not for me.

Pros

really dont know

Cons

lots as listed above

fun place to work

typical day at work revolves around preparing patient samples to be analysed. I learned a lot at the beginning of the job, however I do the same roles every day so it is difficult to continue learning on the job. Management is very good and laid-back, very helpful and never unreasonable. The job doesn't particularly have a hard part, as its relatively relaxed and quite easy the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with, the job could be a lot different if the people I worked with weren't as nice and friendly as they are.

Pros

nice work colleagues

Cons

low pay

Productive and Busy Work Place

The pathology lab within James Cook Hospital is very fast paced and can be quite stressful at times, the outlook of the hospital is very patient centric and everyone works hard in order to deliver a constant service at the expected level. However personality conflict can affect the atmosphere within the work place making it unpleasant to work there. Overall the work is interesting as it uses the application of Science to aid the medical teams treating patients, as well as working with technology to improve efficiency.

Pros

Interesting, Fast Paced

Cons

Long Hours, Conflict

good

I am currently working in a cardiac respiratory department within an NHS hospital. My current duties at present are carrying out diagnostic testing on individuals who are experiencing heart or lung conditions. This brings different variations of people from different walks of life, it is always important to maintain a person-centred approach when undertaking each test. My duties include; ECG analysis, taking blood pressures, exercise tolerance testing, lung volume testing, covering the reception, supporting patients and helping to educate them. My duties have allowed me to understand that physical health and mental health are very closely related. In every test carried out communication, compassion and reassurance are beneficial when it comes to informed consent. It is vital to understand the patient's wishes. It is important to considering the impact that physical health can have on a person's mental health or in converse order

Pros

flexible working

Hard working team great management

Repeatatitve How to ensure a high quality service is achieved Managers I have had been faultless Drive for best outcomes Hours Helping patients when they need it most

Pros

Busy

Cons

Unsocialable hours

Laboratory medicine

I currently work in a Pathology lab, my main role is microtomy, I can embed and cut almost everything that comes through the lab, the only thing I currently don't embed and cut is renal biopsies. I am proficient on a cryostat too, cutting muscle, liver, spleen, heart, pancreas and other regular frozen tissue samples. I perform a variety of regular stains and special stain on a weekly basis too and enjoy working in the neuro and post mortem sections the most.

Pros

good breaks and flexible work arrangements

Cons

poor pay and progression

productive

At present i optimise patients prior to there surgery and prepare them for surgery on the day of there operation my job is very variable.

Brilliant, fun and challenging place!!

Very busy and full on, meeting various members of the public and meeting children with different illness which impact differently on each individual and their families.Family centered care is a massive part of the job so you're not just treating the child but as a family as a whole unit.Every day is different and challanging.Have a great interest in allergy which my managers and consultant has supported.

Pros

job satisfaction. working with children is so rewarding, they're always making me smile

Cons

long hours, not a 9-5 job!! can become emotionally attached to some children and their families. poor pay.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement