NHS

Associate Director3 reviews
United Kingdom3 reviews

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,011 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Productive time working with an excellent team

I had responsibility for training 3,700 staff, 180 different services operating across 57 sites in East London. I provided telephone and on-line advice to managers as well as training to all staff . During my period at the Trust I made sure that the Trust moved beyond mere compliance to equality and human rights legislation this was achieved through recruiting and working with an excellent team of equality officers. The hardest part of the job was raising funds to develop new and inclusive services the most enjoyable was managing staff, developing a range of training programmes and delivering training.

Pros

excellent work/life balance practice

Cons

Financial insecurity and having to operate on a reducing budget

Fantastic place to work

Absolutely fab place to work. Senior Management in my area are fantastic and are very supportive. Everyone shares knowledge great place for learning.Very tentative, very senior management are also very supportive. Work-life balance is great and the work ethic and ethos is amazing. Very proud to work for this organisation to ensure patients get the best services possible.

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,869 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Toxic workplace

Non-clinical (back office) functions, especially in the finance and operations management areas are dysfunctional and subject to high levels of poor management. Many colleagues have been forced to leave due to stress and poor management practices. There is no clear corporate culture and management skills are poor, with a high turnover over middle/senior management.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement