NHS

Caregiver22 reviews
United Kingdom22 reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,846 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Not the best place to work

The pay does not compliment the work. Too much responsibility and critical aspect of the job is tedious. Management not helpful at all. Work life balance is off the window.

Pros

Job guarantees.

Cons

Unsocial and unrealistic hours of work.

ok

ok wasnt too bad. alright pay , was fine to work with NHS although bit rude manager , management was poor , working conditions were good, not a stressful environment

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

It’s hard….

It’s really hard there’s little to no progression and usually it’s for the face that fits, toxic work environment where people always look to conspire against each other. Always it’s “us” and “them” attitudes across the teams.Manager that I have is amazing and so undervalued, works all hours of the day alone and is so under resourced when really she needs help and extra support more then ever

Pros

4 day week

Cons

Long hours, team imbalances, low moral, conspiring against each other, toxic

Good for clinical experience

It's a good way to earn practical clinical experience. The job itself is physically demanding. You'll be on your feet for long hours but if you prefer that over an office job just like I do, then it's not going to affect you. The pay was alright given that it's different rotas every week, so you won't have set hours. But management wasn't the best.

Busy but supportive place to work.

Busy but supportive place to work. Pay not bad for the NHS but could be higher. Not much advancement possibilities as senior staff (above supervisor level) are registered nurses. Work days are long and we work well into the evening, but they are flexible how many days per week you want to work. Not usual for us to work weekends but do work bank holidays.

Pros

No weekend working, unsociable hours payment, supportive colleagues

Cons

Long hours, late evenings, bank holiday working.

Nhsbt cheshire

Management unsupportive and training by one individual was poor as well as bullying across active donor sessions, shameful and unproductive. Management made aware however no action undertaken.

Pros

Some kind and generous colleagues

Cons

Management and certain training staff.

Amazing group of people to work with

Very rewarding role and great team of people to work with they all were very supportive. Excellent training and support given throughout.Only left due to unforeseen family reasons

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Long hours running into late evenings quite often plus travel all around Nottinghamshire

Poor management, nepotism and bureaucracy

Don’t trust anyone, regardless of how much they cosy up to you, supervisors and management will stab you in the back and pick on your insecurities at any given opportunity, plenty of people like to report back whenever you make the slightest mistake and garner favour from management. Don’t be fooled by the no blame culture that they like to hammer into you, it’s all to lure you into a false sense of security. As for training and development, there’s plenty of opportunities to progress if your face fits and you don’t kick up any fuss whatsoever, if you’re happy to be a yes man and never question anything then you’ll be more than satisfied. They like to stress how much of a proactive role they play in supporting peoples mental health but this is all a PR stunt, particularly management, I had experiences with some very apathetic individuals. I worked well and got on with a very select few colleagues and these tended to be staff who’d be there for a significant amount of time, particularly the nurses and the odd person around my own age if I was lucky.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Long hours, poor management, travelling long distance

Great company to work for

The company is great to work for, however, staff who work there are sly and will always speak behind your back. If you're prepared for that then join nhsbt

Amazing

Great place to work gd pay and amazing colleagues the long training really is worth it and would definitely recommend this job I wouldn't be where I am now if I hadn't started work here

Pros

Great staff

Cons

N/a

Very Productive and educative

Homerton Hospital has multi-cultural diverse employees also friendly environment. The Trust take pride in caring for community outside the borough London as a whole and also the staff the Trust very well. The Trust set out its staff are well equipped in their various fields from domestic staff to the top. Mandatory training is place to update staff with their various skills, promoting equality and ensure the patients are well looked after.

Pros

No free lunch but entitled to go for lunch as designated

Cons

Yes there is long hours and short hours its depends

A hectic place

Management communication is sporadic and received potluck. They are not receptive to constructive feedback and do not have a growth mindset approach to improving ways of working.

Pros

Free budget snacks

Cons

Very long hours

Lovely company to work for.

Long hours but great donors to work with. Team work . Travel to different locations . Early starts / late finishes. Good holiday allowance. Always something new to learn and see.

Incompetent manager

This post would have been so much better with an approachable manager. High staff turnover but salary very good. No chance of progression. Can be long days, finishing late. Lot of lifting and setting up equipment as it’s a mobile unit. Lovely meeting all the people coming to donate.

Donor carer

Is a good job overall but there are some negative bits. I haven’t been told from the beginning that I will work just in weekends. All weekends! The salary is not too bad but the job involved a lot of physical ( handling and moving the cages with equipment) and mental ( you really need to pay a lot of attention) . Depends a lot where you are going to work, in what team. Some of them are great, lovely people, but some of them ... makes you feel very uncomfortable.

Pros

A good job

Cons

Exposed to blood all the time

No two days the same!

Working days are physical, and tiring. Team and management are friendly and supportive. My job makes me feel worthwhile, as ultimately I am helping people who are unwell.

Pros

Free hot drinks

Cons

Days can sometimes be long

Great learning environment

Being on a mobile team doing late sessions we start around 12:30pm until about 7pm. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and learning about their reasons for donating, its nice to create that kind of relationship with donors as it makes them have a great experience and want to come back to donate in the future. Full training is all provided, based on site and in training facilities. Working full time doing around 75 working hours every fortnight, this means you work 4 days within the 7. Mostly they are weekdays but on occasion it may be a weekend (with my team specifically). It is great to know that you are directly involved in the blood donation process, and it is important to remember that on stressful days, every donation counts.

Pros

Full training

Cons

Long unsociable hours

Ccs

East Cambs is a great area to work in, staff are dedicated to support the services uses accessing social care. There is a real sense of pride in the work achieved. Management is effective and fair.

hard work but rewaeding

Have very much enjoyed working NHSBT for the past 10+years. Extremely hard work both physically and mentally but rewarding. As a team we worked well together and had thought that this was the job through to my retirement. unfortunately due to a change in management I have decided to look for employment elsewhere

Pros

free drinks and snacks

Cons

physically demanding.

Good people, bad management

Unreasonable goals set for the working day, which always overruns. The people working here are amazing, but are being overworked and are underappreciated and so are disheartened. It feels like a constant battle with planning to try get a reasonable work load for the day.

Productive and busy workplace

My typical work day varies from session to session which makes it interesting and different. Meeting different donors is the highlight of my job. I have learned how to manage time effectively whole still maintaining a high level of customer care in this role.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement