NHS

United Kingdom113 reviews

Found 113 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,852 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

clicky but ok

the pay is ok but the people working there are not nice some are ok. management is very poor and biased. the job is very repetitive and boring.The supervisors do not know what they are doing very underappreciated, no team work very individualistic and a lot of preferred treatments to older staff

rubbish place

given a job which takes 30 mins and told to make it last 4 to 6 hours....... management are poor, your never listened to if u have a problem and half the time your underpaid and other staff look down on you because your a cleaner

Pros

nothing

Cons

nothing

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Good team work

Personally I love my job ,we have a good communication between supervisor and me .If I need any information I ask then they answer at what I need to know.

Ok

Okay to work and is a secure job, i was a Domestic and the pay isn't too bad for the job role. It has obviously Been more stressful the last couple of years but it can be a fun place to work

Pros

Secure, meet lots of people

Cons

Long hours, unorganised

Terrible work environment

I had a terrible working environment. When issues were raised with management it was brush aside or you were told change was coming but never did! I don't believe all NHS places of work are like this. Unfortunately this experience with NHS property service has put me off working within the NHS ever again.

No pressure

Working for the NSH as a cleaning operative is ok, theres no pressure and no taking your work home which is what suits me.Most hours are done around family and they try and promote a good work life balance. Wages aren't too bad, good annual leave and sick pay.I work off site so have little to do with the management team this can lead to poor communication.

Pros

No pressure

Cons

Poor communication

Good managementGood pay

Enjoyable company to work for . Decent pay. Never Any problems. Work and home life balance. Good holiday allowance. No uniform. Enough staff training and more available

Stressful

was in domestic cleaning and offices. the jobs is enjoyable and and we need good attention for the details. The houses and offices has to be very clean and tidy. I really enjoy when finish my jobs the transformation it's clear.

Poor management

Poor management no communication supervisors dislike each other Extra work load but no extra time to do it Every day was different passed around to different wards

Pros

Lovely staff and patients

Cons

Short hours and to much work

An all right place

I worked for the NHS for 3 years. The pay is good for what you do (weekend enhancements). The job security is great. The hours are not flexible, but there was usually no issue if you had to request certain days off, or leave early/arrive late for good reason.

Pros

Pay Colleagues

Cons

On your feet all day

Best workplace

In a such little surgery i found my perfect job. No stress and it's so comfortable. People are friendly and greeting you with a smile. They are also good listeners in case you have a problem.It was the best decision ever moving from torbay hospital to this little surgery.

Loved the cleaning aspect but due to mental health I didn’t like lone working

The cleaning crew were great to start with but if I had any problems they didn’t seem to handle it at all!Didn’t want to leave the job but I felt I had no option due to pressure of lone working for too much for me.The cleaning and touchpoint cleaning was easy and enjoyable just wish I had more support

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Extremely large place

Bad place

Victim of work place bullying for no reason and the management was in on it. The money is good but people are horrible , even the higher ups treat you like dirt.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Staff

great work colleagues and hrs suit my needs

i love working at aintree but with moving hav to leaveto far to travel to keep job great hrs great work colleagues hrs suited me and only done weekends pay was good doing drinks for patients and keeping kitchens clean and a few other areas on ward

Pros

hrs to suit

Cons

long hrs

Its a good place to work

Over the past twenty years it has given me a very secure job role within the NHS good rates of pay enhancements for weekends unsociable hours pay great pension and reduced travel to work scheme .

Pros

10 %off hotfood

Cons

Cant really progress within your job role

Was enjoying the company of team members

Felt let down as waited ten days for job start as kept changing date then done 2 days then told you don’t have a job as nhs had changed its mind about site !!!

Terrible management

Awful management as a whole. Do not deal with anything correctly and do not deal with or take on board official complaints. They don’t care about their Domestic staff at all. Pick and choose when they want to follow the rules. Asked multiple times for stock or to send someone to fix something and it is never done

Pros

Pay is good compared to other jobs and working hours are perfect for me

Cons

Terrible management

Very fast paced

Very strict cleaning routine, need to adhere to all rules at all times including the use of chemicals and ppe.Cleaning and sanitising all fixtures,fittings and surfaces.

Pros

Discount card to use in various shops and venues.

Cons

Heavy workloads not enough time to complete on shift without rushing yourself.

Good hours and good salary

Management are hard to work with due to lack of communication and their knowledge of my job. You get bullied a lot and disrespected most of the time, they give you no credit or praise.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Upper management

One of the worst place I've ever worked

I hope I never work in a place as bad as this ever again! Basically the management were scared of the staff - bullying and racist behaviour was rife.

Pros

Good weekend pay

Cons

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Unproductive and not a place of work for everyone

I learned that, people from other countries working at the hospital were not given the respect they deserve, the management is non-existent, no support for those who work there. The job was not hard, the only thing which was hard was there was no back up, no support, no-one whom I could talk to about problems which could arise. My experience there was awful, I never felt welcome.One thing I can say is, if you want to work for an employer who appreciates you for the hard work you do, do not pick up this place, be watchful, you deserve better. Work for someone who respect you, your identity, your culture, and gives you the true regard you deserve.

Pros

nothing at all

Cons

long days with no breaks

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Cleaner
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?