NHS

United Kingdom26 reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,846 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Friendly and constructive

When i worked in the NHS it was through a work organisation so medical knowledge was not required, but at the same time a strong helpful structurer was in place with the options to improve the clerical and security status of all temp staffThis was an advantage for myself and for the ongoing NHS employment workers

Pros

Time to learn and make connections

Cons

suitable easy to organise work hours

Safe secure job

Good secure job, good pay. Good opportunity to advance or change careers in the trust if you wish to. Everyone is mainly friendly and respectful of each other.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Non

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Stressful & unrewarding

I worked at NGH for over 10 years & the last 2 were the most stressful of my entire working life. Management had no clue how to treat staff, especially older members. I almost had a breakdown & the only advice my manager gave was to resign. Redeployment is supposed to be available but I was lied to & told it wasn’t done any longer.All that matters are targets & figures. The patients are not seen as people & management didn’t care how many times appointments were cancelled, as long as their figures looked good

Pros

Early availability of COVID & flu jabs

Cons

Stress, stress & more stress

Good people, lots of support

Loved working for NHS Scotland the staff are very supportive and always putting you through courses to further your career, as long as you have a good work ethic you can thrive in this company.

Loveley place to work

Loved my job in the NHS but no communication at any level good prospects well looked after if any request applied for most of the people are friendly towards you

Pros

Understanding

Cons

Communication

Productive, fast paced

A typical day would be answering phone calls, checking patients in for their appointments, requesting casenotes for the nurses clinics. I also made appointments for the following month.

great enviroment

I have a good standard of education with additional qualifications. I have 20+ years working with various IT systems including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, CRIS Hearts,ICE,Medway,ESR

Pros

Pension

Cons

Rate of pay

Interesting work environment

Short-term unpaid work experience at a general practioner, including clerical work and dealing with patients. Rated salary/benefits and job security low, as it was work experience and I was not expected to continue. Coworkers were extremely pleasant and understanding. As a clerical worker, however, the practice's filing system was rather bad and difficult to work with.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Job satisfaction

I've worked for the NHS for a long time, I've found that it is difficult to progress when on a low banding, don't always get nice colleagues as everyone is under so much pressure. Unfortunately there are too many suits making bad decisions, as with everything nowadays politics have taken over. Also after having a few health issues means your put on warnings and disciplinaries which contradicts the service. Staff are afraid to have time off during sickness, for fear of recriminations. Management do not recognise or commend hard working staff.

Pros

To a degree flexibility of hours can be available

Cons

Every job role is under enormous pressure

clerical assistant

On a typical day I help set up the clerical side of the clinic. I phone patients to remind them of their appointments in the following week, make future appointments for the patients and also input information to a secure patient management database.

Good place to be employed

Worked there for many years until made redundant it was a friendly place to work the work was repetitive but interesting good pay and conditions good holidays and generous sickness policy able to work flexible hours which was a positive and helpful part of working there many ways to progress and to retrain

Wage is decent compared to jobs of the same nature, support from management positions, enjoyable place to work, staff are friendly and approachable. :)

I worked 2 part time jobs

I worked in the Medical Records Department at Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, Scotland, sorting medical records in a specific order. Thus usually resulted in sttipping records down, sorting then putting records back together ready for the clinic appointments or for Ward admissions

Pros

Enjoyed workibv with patient records

Cons

Could br very time consuming and you had unrealustic targets to meet eg 10 records per hour

Great to work for

NHS Fife provides an exeptional service to patients. Due to restricted funds, the service is running at a streched capacity, but still provides an excellent service to patients in Fife.

Pros

Full pay when ill.

Cons

Increased workload.

Interesting

Working on computers, inputting of data, varying requirements which meant very rarely were two days the same. A very interesting and at times challenging position.

Pros

Flexi working

Cons

Old fashioned

Docile

The organisation is trying to change the work culture but management doesn't support this effort well enough. There is a disconnect between the staff and immediate management.

Pros

Plenty of Holiday

Cons

Pay not consumerate

Management is an issue

Management are unrealistic in what can be achieved within 1 day, however, teams otherwise are enjoyable to work with & understand your needs, also feels rewarding to work within such an organisation.

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Unrealistic employee expectations

good place to work

Good company to work for, enjoyable place of work. I worked in Medical Records, EMG. Dept. Dealing with EMG. admissions. Worked as a team. I enjoyed training other colleagues.

Producitve

Worked as part of a team. Completed easy tasks and assisted on other tasks. Very good workplace culture, very productive. Most enjoyable part was getting the taste for working in an office environment.

Productive, very quite between colleagues

Starting off at the park and ride, experience all of it's own. Coming in and saying morning took them all by surprise I found, perhaps it takes people a while to get use to new people coming in. You are or can be put in the deep end to start with, I think if you are shown things to start with, It can be easier to start with. Once logged on depending what department you are in, the day is full on.One department with data entry, you have to concentrate so hard you can't really take your mind off it at all, so conversation just dos'nt exsist, untill you get to the end of the job. Others booking patients in on the computer is also full on, finding patients notes and putting them a side for the nurses, the day goe's quickly very busy. I think the data entry is proberly the hardest job I have come across and the most enjoyable is proberly when I am able to move around a bit doing filing, laminating, and checking in.

Pros

Meeting patients

Cons

Could be more sociable

learn a lot from being with NHS

Helped me complete my level 1 and 2 for business and admin. friendly environment. Kept busy through the door but not overloaded. I was first apprentice in NHS so had a visit to London to meet MP's.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement