NHS

NHS Employee Reviews for Coordinator

Coordinator17 reviews
United Kingdom17 reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,833 reviews

Overworked and under paid...

The pay isn't enough for the amount of stress working here causes - and I don't mean working as a nurse/doctor. - on the administration side. Bear this in mind!

stressful

The work day changed depending on the shift you worked, days were very different to nights. The job was highly satisfying as youa got to help the public and those in need.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Stressed but happy workplace

Loved meeting the patients and enjoyed working with so many of the staff, who give everyone their best. Just wish the management was more accountable.

Busy Environment, Easy to adapt to.

Busy Environment. Easy to adapt to, the rules and guidelines often change so you need to make sure you are able to adapt to each situations. Very little opportunity for growth within same departments, but overall growth within your role can be transferred to other departments and roles.

Challenging and rewarding

The environment is challenging but very rewarding. Colleagues are generally supportive of one another and aim to deliver high standards of healthcare through administrative support to the medical staff.

Fast paced

Lots of training needed for access to NHS systems, it’s a very much learn on the job roles as training given doesn’t match up to what you need. Some departments are slow to move forward.

fanatstic trust

I thoroughly enjoyed working at Guys , what a wonderful trust with amazing people . I enjoyed going to work every day . The only reason I left was due to the commute. I would definitely recommend working for such a positive and hardworking NHS trust.

Generally a nice organisation to work for.

I worked in a team of very dedicated health care professionals. We all learned from each other and were able to overcome difficulties together. The organisation regularly reviews policies and has taken on board that it needs to be progressive. It generally tries to respond to any shortcomings swiftly.

Windsor Clinic

worked in this role for 7 years in Addictions. Learnt a lot on dealing with service users. enjoyed a lot of skills from management and other colleagues

Pros

none really

Cons

colleagues and staff worked with

Supportive and enjoyable

Working with supportive colleagues on a daily, basis carrying out admin tasks. I had learnt something new everyday in terms of computer skills and admin and clerical skills. Managers who encourage for progression and learning. All staff is easy to get a long with and very friendly and helpful.

Pros

salary increment per annum

Cons

Half hour lunch

Severely understaffed, negative atmosphere

I started at Epsom hospital few months ago with lots of energy but feeling drained already. My line manager doesn't have much time to see me or to support me, my new colleagues are busy doing their things. There is a lot of negative attitude that spreads quickly and is not healthy. Working here is very stressful.

Pros

Some colleagues are nice, you gain experience of working for a large organisation

Cons

Severely understaffed in alll departments, stressful, not enough support for new starters

Co-ordinator

A good place to work. A very heavy workload but great to be with such professional and caring people. A supportive atmosphere. A fast pace and lots of deadlines, but good teams to work with.

Pros

Good, supportive place to be.

Cons

Heavy and fast paced work load.

Good

The staff are easy to get a long with, management is very helpful, the hardest part of the job that it can get very stressful as A&E Gets busy throughout the day as you're having to multitask a lot

Stressful but rewarding.

Management is poor but some people you meet and the experiences are worth while. Helping people as a job is very rewarding. 0 Hour contracts are not that secure either, they can get rid of you without a notice but if you want to leave you need to give them a week advance.

Always delivering World Class Cae

I have learnt so much about Cardiology and it is an absolute pleasure coming into work to not only help others by providing World Class Care on behalf of the Trust, but to also learn new clinical work and information. I come into work and I also get a little education each day by understanding more and more about the Heart and Aortic Valves.

Great chance at progression

Whilst at the RD&E I was given an excellent opportunity. I started as an admin apprentice in January 2014 and by June 2014 I was a band 3 waiting list coordinator. I worked extremely hard to be noticed and the work paid off. In any work place you are not always going to agree with everyone's opinions and suggestions but it is extremely important that you remain professional at all times whilst at work and it is vital that you are able to compromise. The hardest part of this job was the ever increasing number of referrals our department was receiving but our capacity was staying the same. This resulted in patients waiting longer that they should of been for their procedures.

Pros

Progression

Cons

Capacity issue

To oversee the day –to day smooth running of the TB Administrative office.

To oversee the day –to day smooth running of the TB Administrative office. Providing a comprehensive administrative support for TB Clinic Managing database, as a tool to patient management, audit and research. Working as part of a multi disciplinary team sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues. My duties and responsibilities: To lead and support the TB Nurses staff to ensure smooth running of the service Collating patient record, prepares files for clinic and re files notes Dealing with telephone, answer phone and personal enquiries pertaining to TB patients and general public in a polite and efficient manner Notify GP’s and patients of screening outcomes. Reporting any abnormal result to TB Nurses and /Or consultant for further action Organising the office on a day to day basis. Responsible for arranging patient appointments on the TB Nurse Specialist behalf. This include setting up of patient files, sending out appointments letters, arranging link workers and transport if required, and carrying out any follow up as requested by the TB Nurse specialist or consultant. Managing referrals and waiting list for the TB Nurses led clinics Responsible for maintaining computer-based patient records including inputting patient outcomes and retrieval of information using the pas or equivalent system and departmental databases using Microsoft Excel. Participate in staff meeting take formal minutes in the absence of the TB Administrative Team Leader Work with the TB Administrator and Clinical team leader for TB Services -

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement