NHS

United Kingdom9 reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,944 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Great employer overall

NHS is generally an ok employer. Depending on what Band you are. Time off is good and great perks such as sick pay, maternity pay etc. can be long hours at times

Like a nursery

Management are always breathing down your neck treating you like a child. They nitpick on a single individual until they drive them out then move on to the next person. The rules ie uniform are not implemented with all colleagues, only with those that have been singled out. The rest of the colleagues are lovely but the management is really bad and only their “friends” get promoted or recommended for a promotion.

Pros

Pay

Cons

No progression opportunities, management are bullies

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,502 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

A busy and Multi cultural work place with all aspects of patients with special care needs and learning difficulties.

On a daily basis i was on main reception which have 5 surgeries adapted for Hoists and IV sedation,as it is a special care service i ensured a warm welcome for patients and carers on arrival also helping them with queries on paperwork, transport or advocasy.I work well as part of a team and also on my own initiative. Booking patients in at reception, over the phone or via carers or support workers, which may require transport or translators and confirmation of patients exemption status and medical history updates. Filing patients files, archiving, pulling in advance for clinicians surgeries to ensure the days run smoothly. During my time working as a special care dental receptionist i attended many Mandatory and Statutory training courses and attained the relevant certificates to develop my skills and knowledge in my role. ( Available on request and on CV ) I worked in a Multi cultural enviroment. The hardest part of my job was taking payments from patients as many were on a low income or Elderly. I would always remind them before their appointments so as to give them the opportunity to update their benefit status or come prepared with some form of payment. I can honestly say i enjoyed and still enjoy working with the Community and meeting patients daily, face to face or over the phone. I get high job satisfaction in making a positive impact on people that need extra help in different areas of their lives to improve their quality of living.

Pros

We sometimes had Lunch provided for us, but usually only tea and coffee and off coourse, biscuits

Cons

The hours were usually the same 9-5, but if needed i would stay longer if ne

Nhs

Never had a problem working for the NHS i enjoyed it very much and cannot fault it from a workers point of view during the time that i worked under the NHS nursing bracket

Pros

good pay

Wrong Move

Very boring and no challenge anymore Management very poor - poor patient care really only concerned with how many and how quickly patients are treated Hardest part of the job is being more intelligent than the managers The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the patients.

Pros

free samples

Cons

part time

Nhs

working under the NHS can be very demanding but rewarding t the same time, The time frame given to allow treatment for each patient could be reviewd

Work Life

If there was opportunity for career progression within my department I would stay as I enjoy working with my colleagues.

Pros

Good work colleagues

Cons

No area for Progression

A busy environment, requiring much focus and attention to detail.

On most given days it was my responsibility to meet and greet service users and members of staff and give assistance wherever possible. The role has taught me to deal with each person and situation as the circumstances unfolded. The needs of those I assisted were often similar but never exactly the same, I learned to become flexible and a lot more patient. Management were a largely supportive, approachable and available but extremely busy. By far the most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction that I had with co-workers and services users. The environment provided a melting pot of such variety. Experiences work related and on a personal level by far made up for harder moments spent there. I made many friends who are still my friend's to this day. The down side of the role was the fast and persistently busy pace of the role.

Pros

Many dedicated and caring people I had the good fortune to encounter

Cons

Busy and stressful

excellent client care skills

very punctual staffs who were always in the Dental surgery at the nick of time.Everybody wants to be in the practice very early before the resumption time. All patients are individually cared for and respected In house seminars, Training and retraining of staffs including Basic life support and medical emergency updates.

Pros

Birthday cakes for each staffs Birthdaysand free lunches sometime from the Boss

Cons

sometime booking time is extended according to client treatment

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement