NHS

NHS Employee Reviews for Domestic Assistant

Domestic Assistant112 reviews
United Kingdom112 reviews

Found 112 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,841 reviews

Covering other duties during Covid as short staffed , too many managers not interested in staff point of view

As a short term contract will be looking for another role elsewhere ,a lot of good staff being used & not appreciated. While nothing done about long term absentees. A lot of pressure on just getting job done .

Pros

Money good on night shift .if full time contract you get a good pension

Cons

No travel time, management structure complicated sometimes not interested in personal needs

Awful

Over worked, unappreciated. Money rubbish for the amount of work expected from you. Worked on staff residence was vile. So dirty, Worked out backsides off to get clean & tidy to a very high standard to be met with same dirt & grime days later. Cut off from hospital staff, They do not care about the staff up there. I enjoyed cleaning but not worth the tiring hard work as it doesn't get recognised.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

management very poor

poor management rude staff feeling uncomfortable and not appreciated for hard work out in felt uncomfortable and unappreciated for hard work done

Terrible to work for

Nhs property services are an awful company to work for. The management have very poor people skills, no communication at all! I was told three days before my contract ran out that I wasn't being rolled over so no time to find another job and now trying to find a new one! No job security whatsoever!

Pros

Met some lovely people there.

Cons

Very poor management!

Poor place for work

Poor place for work. Way too much lazy people. Poor management. They don’t care about how the good stuff feels. Lack of confidence!!!One of the worst places I’ve ever worked.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Good colleagues, good management

Fantastic place to work, good pension scheme, good pay, friendly staff and management. Help when needed. Listened to when needed. Easy to ask for holidays.

Pros

Fantastic Pay

Cons

Repetitive Work

Stressful

Working in stressful situation because of supervisor in charge. Supervisor made so conflicts and never been supportive.......,...................

By far the best job I’ve had

I absolutely love the job couldn’t fault it at all my colleagues and supervisor are absolutely amazing to work with and we help each other out as a team I’m in a job I can honestly say I love and happy to be in.

Pros

Great hours great pay (for me and my needs)

Cons

No cons

Fun place to work good colleagues

Good environment andGood atmosphere andGood colleagues andGreat place to work andGood benefits andGood pension scheme andOverall plus for job goals

Stable

Fine for the most part. Good to work for such a big company. Made a lot of friends and I liked the sense of working together, you feel part of something.

Pros

Secure

Cons

Overworked understaffed

Bad experience in the end

Started as a Domestic with great expectations of the job. However it soon became clear after 9 months that if your face doesn't fit you won't last. I was basically shunted out of the area i worked in to let another domestic(who was a completely two faced individual and really friendly with the supervisor) in to the area i was in. I protested but was just told needs of the service(complete tosh)I ended up being put from pillar to post in the hospital and had no idea where i would be from one day to the next. Would never work as a Domestic for the NHS again.

Pros

Non

Cons

Ok if your face fits

Poor management, far too much bullying

Would not recommend working at NSECH as a domestic at all. No support from management, unfair treatment, made to feel isolated and inadequate. Far too much bullying from management, treat like school children, no appreciation for anything you do, staff moral is at an all time low, and there's an extremely high turn over due to treatment from management. The whole hospital know how badly domestics are treated and nothing ever gets done about it even if you take it higher, so unless you enjoy being bullied and intimidated then I wouldn't ever apply to be a domestic here, it's really not worth your mental health!

Pros

Pays not bad

Cons

I'd be here all day naming them all!

Workplace

I work in York hospital. Nice place , nice team . I work weekends shifts. I meet new people every day and every day was something new to do.

Excellent place to work

Having worked at the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital as a domestic assistant for 17 years, I have known how this place works, procedures and the way they do things. It's an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants job security if you're not bothered about the salary and with what's going on at the moment it's ideal.

Pros

Friendly staff, good management

Cons

Not great salary

Working for the NHS you get a good pay, holidays, and sick pay. The supervisors are helpful and the other people that work there are all mainly nice enough as well

Benefits

Cons

I felt valued and respected.

As a domestic assistant I was made to feel as valued as all NHS staff. Any complaints were taken seriously and dealt with quickly. I enjoyed the responsibility of lone working and always felt safe doing so.

Pros

Team culture. Wage. Holidays.

Stressful

You have to put up with idiots who don't do there job & try stopping you doing yours . When other people on holiday they meant to send cover for them who don't turn up so you have to do there job as well with no pay.

Pros

When i left

Cons

Lots

Good

Job was ok, lone working but let's you get on with your duties. All training is provided and protective equipment available. As long as you work along side health and safety regulation cosh and riddor you will be fine.

Overall this job is loverly!

I worked as a domestic assistant and I was I charge of cleaning the wards meaning in emptying the bins cleaning the toilets, keeping the kitchen tidy and keeping all the offices tidy. I also done the dinner for the patients so I had to go he menus on the iPads and served the food up and also done there puddings. Overall this was a loverly easy going job, if you are organised your day will go very well!

Productive workplace with okay communication between cleaners and supervisors.

The job itself is realtively easy and can even be considered relaxing if cleaning is your thing. Stress can sometimes be introduced when communicating with supervisors about things like deliverys and issues with Clinic employees. Pay is good for what the job is and overtime is always available.

Pros

Overtime always available.

Cons

Sometimes hard to communicate with other staff.

Fantasic place to work

I have worked here now as a domestic for almost 4 years. I can honestly say working here is brilliant I really do love my job. My supervisors have been very understanding when my son was poorly. I really would recommend anyone to work here its fab!

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement