NHS

United Kingdom38 reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,934 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Bad work-life balance

Bad work life balance. Poor pay. Excellent management, enjoyable and rewarding job role. Excellent progression opportunities. Excellent experience for healthcare roles

Pros

Rewarding job

Cons

Pay

Nhs

Very secure but too much bureaucracy. Even basic change has to go through numerous levels of approval and takes a long time. But the team and culture is generally good.

Pros

Secure. Good team.

Cons

Not much room to progress. Change is slow.

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,461 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Supportive and friendly staff. Excellent training. I worked with some very motivated people. You are encouraged to develop by the team. Opportunity to advance is always being offered. A great place to work.

Pros

Supportive staff, good pension scheme

Cons

Pay can be improved

Nhs

The nhs is a great company to work for but the salary could be better for the job we do. Some management could help better but others go above and beyond

Hca

Friendly team, Motivational staff, HCA expected to do a lot of work, areas for progression, however if u want to do nursing but can't afford to go to university you have to wait ages to start with the NHS. It can be stressful and long hours (very tiring). Salary isn't much compared to the amount of work.

Ok place to work, very stressful and busy

Ok place to work, have worked In all departments and it is very busy regardless of where you to. Very little support from management who clearly haven’t worked in this environment for a long while.

Pros

Long days so more days off

Cons

Short staffed

Love the reward from the resident eyes but that's all.

Love the reward from the resident eyes but that's all.The staff is too afraid of losing their job if they speak up in their favour.I have nothing else to say.

Pros

depends on the ward, nice colleague but it is always in steak the racism

Cons

short & barely breaks

If you enjoy licking boots it's the right job for you

. The management was horrible. The Matron picked favourites, and the favourites were the bullys. So imagine having a bully at work and when you complain about this behaviour nothing is done about it. Is like talking to wall. Opportunities to grow ?forget it in this department. Only if your bbf with the matron. And if you get sent to the washroom you'll never get out. Worst place to work in the trust.

Pros

Don't work weekends

Rubbish

The trust is not family friendly, all they care about is working you to the limit, if your face fits you get to work up your ladder, if it doesn’t you get all rubbish shifts and rubbish areas to work.

Cons

Long hours must be prepared to forsake family time .Not always allowed holidays you'd like .hours are long .plenty of overtime if wanted .moved to different areas of work on a regular basis

Pros

Time off required to work 3x 12hr shifts

Cons

Long hours not a lot of flexibility with shifts missed breaks due to staff shortages

Stressful not listened too

Very stressful job short staffed always people higher up dictate quality of shifts but with no real idea , things being missed certain nurses get away with not doing what they should and leave a lot of paperwork to be finished by next shift , drs don’t finish what they should do one caught reading a book instead of going around to see patients

Pros

Gets shift enhancements

Stressful long hours . very bad pay.

No wonder it's called a vocational job, don't go into the NHS if you are looking for lots of money. I am band 3 HCA earning just about 20000 per year. Minimum 10 hour shifts and you are expected to cover short falls in staff and stay at the end of your shift as it is always busy.

Pros

Lots of leave but you need it.

Cons

Long hours rubbish pay

Never again!

Do not recommend this place at all, if you using your brain you not suitable for this culture, if you are full of compassion and don't allow any neusanse towards patients you will be bully by management. I feel like they work against patients and the families.Absolutely hate working for this company.

Pros

Don't see any

Cons

Bulling and neglecting culture.

I wouldn't recommend to a friend

I was so excited when I got the phone call Ide got the job on the ICU unit and also I applied for bank so I worked all around the hospital, I loved caring and looking after unwell people I never had a problem with a patient, it was the staff. The staff is the reason I left, nasty people that work there, don't get me wrong a handful are nice but most are vile people and that is the reason I left I couldn't cope going work everyday wondering who will be on shift and I hoping they are pleasent and work hard. I just like to work in a happy environment and work as a team. Its safe to say I didn't have a very good experience at Leighton and I will never work there again they took my kindness for a weakness, never again.

Pros

Met a few nice people

Long shift were hard but loved every moment. All the staff are friendly and caring they make you feel relaxed and included.You get full training and it is to a high standard. Anything you want to learn then ask and time will be set aside to help you in every aspect of the job.

Pros

Great team to work with.

Hca

Stressful job as a hca, only two 30 minutes break for a 12.5 hour shift, No respect by staff one rule for you and different rule for for other staff. No career opportunity or help with progressing in a a higher role. The only thing good when your working for nhs is looking after the patient’s and the friendly family’s as they respect what your doing for their loved ones.

Pros

Patients and family

Cons

Good

Fast paced work, good workplace, good team spirit, well managed, good rates of pay, uniform provided, travel allowance, enrolled into the company pension scheme,

CCS is a good place to work, the team were very supportive and caring.I achieved a lot of skills such as problem solving, good team work and using initiative.

Wish I'd applied years ago

2 years ago, I left Olympus Care Services, as a depressed, downtrodden wreck. Then i joined the NHFT team. The difference is like chalk and cheese. I now feel valued. I feel as though my opinion matters. My managers listen to me, and treat me with respect. I wish I'd joined NHFT years ago.

Very good place to work and brilliant staff

Very good Trust,helped with trainings,beautiful people ❤️ Nurses very helpful,every day you would learn from all colleges something new. Patients lovely as well ❤️

Former Employee

No day is the same so you will never be bored, Enjoy working here, can’t see me working foe another company as I feel I have job security here they are also good in investing in staff

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement