NHS

Housekeeper70 reviews
United Kingdom70 reviews

Found 70 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,925 reviews

Fast paced work

Working for the NHS has it’s easy or hard depending wherever you are place. Most of the staff are good to You see different faces all the time and atmosphere

Work place culture very mixed .

Manchester University Hospitals Foundation Trust. Needs a massive overhaul poor management never really listen lower Bands and too many of them and some have climb the ladder far too quickly with little life experience!!!!

Pros

Decent Annual leave entitlement

Cons

Low salary

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Not a fun place to work

where I work is busy from start to finish hardly get time to take a breath....we're supposed to work as a team but there are certain people who think it's above them to do certain jobs that they are supposed to do and this has caused resentment with the other staff...these certain people are two faced and go out of their way to cause trouble and are loudmouthed and rude and every day is a nightmare when they are on shift. As for the supervisors when you tell them you have a problem with these people they do not address the problems.

Fun workplace, to much paperwork, red tape, some managers have not a clue, 90% of staff care about patients and want to do the best for them

Fun place to work but cut out the red tape or at least cut it down, to much wasteage, time wasting, the job can be very rewarding and can be enjoyable. There are staff who try to pass off some of their tasks onto others, same as many jobs

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Long hours at times, management are/can be clueless

Intensive work load but if a can do attitude will enjoy work.

Enjoyed my time in the hospital.The work load can be quite intense, but if in a good team can be enjoyable.You must be a good team worker and also have the confidence to work solo. Depending on which department you work in Management can be very supportive and approachable, i had fantastic Management backup.

Pros

Safe work place and job security

Cons

Long hours, intensive work load.

Poor leadership

Established bulling, poor management, work life balance very poor, no support, left to get on with it not enough staff, task overload, very stressful

Pros

Cons

Poor work life balance, never enough staff

Workplace

A typical day at the hospital is quite stressful, but you get used to early mornings waking up to start from 6:30 am till 3 or 7ish that's if one choose to work overtime.

Pros

Free goody bags.

Cons

Long hourse

worse place to work management horrible lower grade staff friendly

worse place to work for management horrible lower grade staff friendly but 5 or above just be careful of some of them they make out there your friend but behine your back calling you bad names

Pros

Cons

used like a slave

Great place to work and lots of opportunities to further your carea

Loved working for the NHS staff are all lovely. Again management need to listen more to the lower bands. You can also apply for intern posts also . This is a great place to work and hours and pay are also good.

Pros

Free uniform

Good job

I enjoyed my time within the NHS. I had to leave due to personal reasons but I would go back if the opportunity came again. It was part time but was quite flexible with the opportunity to do bank and earn extra through overtime

Pros

Enjoyed the job

Lovely place to work

I recently started work and everyone, team leaders and colleagues are kind and helpful. All aspects of my job was fully explained. Any queries I have are answered quickly and efficiently. I have been made welcome, and it is a pleasure to work in such a nice environment.

Desaster

It was nice working at sant helier when the nhs were there but after a private company took over ...it is a mess Horrible management and don't care for people

Most enjoyable part of the job

I enjoyed working with range of professional people and looking after patient well being I enjoyed working as part of a team but also work well alone, I deal well with stessful situations by always staying calm and helping to resolve issues quickly

Review

I enjoy working for the NHS it’s a good place to work and it’s easy to get along with all the other staff that are also working their with you. I would recommend.

Productive fun place

I enjoyed my years at the nhs, but it was too many hours. I would also prefer a part time day job as I have a disabled husband and can’t work 12 hour shifts anymore.

fun and busy place to work

It was suitable for me at that time, as I was a student and worked as housekeeper. Overall it was good experience and working atmosphere was friendly and colleagues were helpful.

Working environment

Would not say this is a nice place to work supervisors think they are above everyone no one is friendly to approach backstabbing can be extremely lonely and clicky overtime goes to the the same people all the time spoke down too and often in front of patients lots of bullying goes on really stressful they like to make you feel worthless sadly not a nice place to work no variation of work

worked as a housekeeper

This job is very busy and workload is very unfair, the staffing is not equal on every unit, I was on my own working most of the time nearly every shift, then after a while 6-7 month there is another housekeeper there , so my workload is reversed as I have back up. I was not trained properly for this job. I was being performance managed very strictly so was forced to quit to avoid being sacked.

Really great to be able to do a cv

i injoy the job at the Birmingham woman’s hospital I work with a great team and I get to learn new skills and training along the way I’ve picked up skills on how to clean and polish floors useing havery machines I feel totally satisfied once I’ve polished my floors a really satisfied of the end result

Great pension scheme

Didn't feel appreciated for the job. Worked where ever they sent me also trying to maintain my ward. Didn't feel appreciated for the extra hours I did.

Morale very low

Does'nt support workers in their wellbeing allows bullying. No qualified management to deal with issues. As a housekeeping assistant your bottom of the pack.

Pros

Cons

Not listened to

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement