NHS

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,935 reviews

A Nessesery job.

The Medical lab assistant job is one that needs to be filled because of the amount of stress that the general staff have on thir sholders. Plus it can help save someones life.

Cons

Long hours with high stress and everyone having to do jobs outside what they are hired for

Very friendly coworkers

It’s a great place to work the teamwork is very friendly, they have flexible shifts and are very welcoming to new workers especially if you have a different culture, e.g (I’m Latina). You have chance of development and have access to several good and important trainings. I love it to work there.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Very short breaks

Insights into NHS

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Rewarding

A great trust to work for, with rewarding results. Always giving clear and helpful information for staff to be able to progress within the trust and to develop personal skills and qualities.

Pros

job security

Cons

salary

Intresing Job

I loved my job in the microbiology labs, i was too ill to work at the time. Training is great, pay is good and the people are lovely. I really enjoyed working here.

Pros

good maternity leave, good holiday system

Job security ,pension,friendly people

great Job except long hours and lack of public transport of evening and weekend make it hard to get home.Good pension plan.Freindly people.Lack of pay rewards.

Pros

pension

Cons

shift and lack of public transport in evening and sundays

Busy but fun to work for

A typical day would include the sorting of samples that arrive via delivery from the porters from the wards in the hospital and an external delivery covering GP surgeries, other local hospitals and prisons within the area. The samples are correctly labelled and prepared for testing or sending to another laboratory. The day also includes sorting of the post, be it test results outgoing or test results incoming. Answering the telephone is required in the job, we have to given urgent results out over the phone and assist in any enquires regarding tests, such as how they need to be taken, what colour tube to use etc. I have learned to prioritise work load and to talk to professionals in a polite, friendly way. Being exactly clear when discussing test results. We work on an individual level, but still part of the team. I find it fun to work like this. The most difficult parts of the job I found were when we had an extremely busy day and the jobs kept mounting up, we have to find the right balance between getting the work done in a certain time and still maintaining an excellent service. Enjoyable part is when the most difficult days are upon us we all pull together to help each other out, even resorting to singing to keep moral up.

Pros

Staff Benefits

Cons

Breaks not always possible, changes in break times, not always leaving work on time.