NHS

United Kingdom42 reviews

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,944 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Nurse

I love caring for patients however there are never enough staff or time to do what needs to be done to make the best patient experience, this is very frustrating

Pros

Nhs benefits

Nhs

I loved the job as a midwife however poor management and lack of support drove me out the door. If it wasn't for the amazing support from my colleagues I wouldn't have lasted as long as 3 years.

Pros

Good team working with colleagues

Cons

poor management and lack of emotional support

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,502 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Dreadful full of bullies with toxic egos And the mist uncaring inconsiderate People I’ve ever metHowever not at RUH Bath that was the exceptionThe staff in Bath were outstandingBut elsewhere I’ve worked they were as I’ve said horrible people

Nhs

Very fast paced place to work. Unsociable hours as part of contract as a midwife. Pay is not reflective of the amount of work that we do but there are plenty of opportunities for career progression if you take the chance.

Best hospital I have worked at

...but workload can be overwhelming and this can affect staff attitudes towards one another. Room for progression and development if you are interested.

If i could give this job 0 stars, I would.

Very few people are happy in their job and this makes it very difficult to remain positive.The hours were long, we are overworked and understaffed.My work life balance was not good.I felt unsupported by management.

Pros

Nice colleagues

Cons

Long hours, Low staffing levels, Little support from management, Blame culture, Bad work life balance, Very few people are happy in their job

Typical NHS

If you like your career choice you'll like it here, typical NHS, understaffed and fast paced.Staff are great to work along side, senior management are not so understanding.

Pros

Nhs pension

Cons

Low staff levels

Midwife

I enjoyed being a midwife, but I felt it was time to retire from the profession as I had spent much of my working life as a midwife. I take some very happy memories with me

Pros

Enjoyable job

Cons

Long hours and staff shortages

Highly stressful

Worked for almost 2 years as rotational midwife, it was one of the most stressful and upset experiences of my life. NHS is on it’s knees and overstretched, it is not the midwives fault but they do carry (like many other clinical and non clinical staff) the weight of years of poor decisions.Broke my passion for midwifery.This was between 2013 and 2015, would love it if things had improved since then.

Pros

Some colleagues were great and made one or two good friends. Close to tube station.

Cons

Long hours, newbies always get the short straw at handover; rota for the month released with few days notice.

Busy and demanding but interesting

Fast paced and busy but frequently short staffed which can impact upon care provision and safety. Work is interesting and varied and you do feel valued and appreciated by the patients.

Pros

Great team work

Cons

Work life balance

challenging but interesting work place

busy place but interesting Teams are really collaborante caseload really heavy most of the time community midwifery should be more supported safeguarding context really heavy

Fast-paced environment

a typical day includes checking of medical equipment and stocks are up to date. Looking after women and their families, providing individualisefd care plan tailored to each persons' needs. clinical work including, catheterisation, phlebotomy, etc.

Excellent team work

At the COCH there is an excellent team work this. This is a small but busy environment. In my experience management have been supportive and there has been excellent multi-disciplinary team work.

Very proud to work for NHS

Needing some support from management at times is a struggle Good employer pension benefits and salary / career progression Good benefits long term employees

A well-developed organisation, who looks after the multicultural patient. It is a very busy hospital as the geographical area is wider. More high-risk patients are cared for. I learned the most was the management of the high-risk patient. The hardest part of the job was to work with lots of agency staff most of the time. Enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork.

Pros

Team work

Cons

staff skill mix

The practice nurse role has advanced over the years

Becoming a pn 1st march 1990 means I was there right at the outset. I have seen a magnificent growth of the role and finding practice nurses and nurse practitioners now have advanced roles backed up by excellent education. I did this for 25+years only moving on for a fresh challenge

Pros

Good training opportunities. Generally monday to friday 9 - 5.

Cons

How many smear tests can one do?

Well known company

Good benefits Good opportunity Pay scale Flexibility Large company Job prospects Long daily working hours Under valued by hospital managers High parking rates

Best place to work

Previous employee of wythenshawe maternity. The best team to work with ever. Really busy but team work is brilliant. Moved elsewhere now but still miss it everyday. Would not hesitate in recommending here as a place of work. Ul meet friends for life. Just dont take all the jobs incase i ever come back 😉

Pros

The teamwork, fun, variety, experience, autonomy of midwives, birth centre, labour rooms

Cons

No social places near the hospital, but that can be sorted! Very busy. Paying for staff carparking

N/a

I had a bad experience, I cannot give an accurate review. As a student you are require to work the same hours as a midwife but now with no benefits.i

Very busy working environment and alot to learn and enhance your knowledge. Very rewarding job can be challenging but defiantly worth it.hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult aspects in life

Many improvements need to be made

I feel I am completed biased and cannot appraise my work place critically. I feel like after 7 years within an NHS job has made me want to change my career completely.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement