NHS

Nurse123 reviews
United Kingdom123 reviews

Found 123 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,925 reviews

Great workplace but challenging

This is a lovely place to work! Staff are super friendly and always willing to help. Great being sent on training constantly. Only thing is the work load is stressful at times as wards are busy especially when understaffed.

Pros

Sent for training

Cons

Understaffing

Poor pay,conditions for responsibility

Worked for NHS for 40 plus years. The culture was supportive and if you have a good manager a pleasure to work with a good team. However the latter years were driven by a culture of management bullying, no support, hidden agenda, a lack of focus on putting the patient first. This is because meeting impossible targets take prescident over focusing on encouraging and supporting staff when the do a good job. There are some great individual managers who support staff and fantastic people working in difficult situations who largely are un recognised those others who are ready to step on colleges to advance professionally. Overwhelmed by paperwork and fear of non compliance and completion.

Pros

Good team members

Cons

Terrible hours, poor pay for responsibility

Insights into NHS

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Hard work, poor pay

Great work, purposeful and enjoyable. Long hours, management issues and poor pay. Management could be more supportive, especially when trying to progress through the higher ranks - this is dependent on job area though

Unsupported

Band 7’s give little support and not visible to staff. Spend day in the office and not interested in staff. Complaints not taken serious and issues with equipment ignore and not escalated.

Challenging workplace

Overall a challenging workplace and I did not enjoy working there management made matters worse and there was clear favouritism happening in front of us did not enjoy at all absolutely acceptable

Usual NHS job

Usual NHS job, long hours but respectful managers. Under paid of course but that's not a surprise, nurses are undervalued in general. Organised chaos. Great team.

Nhs

The NHS on a whole runs a great service for the UK to be able to use. Yes, it’s not perfect, however staff like myself give them out all and are passionate about the jobs we do.

Rewarding career

I review about 10 patients a day. My job is rewarding and in the most part I have supportive managers. It is nice to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.The work life balance is good.

Great. Company

Great company to work for can be abit stressful at times. Mangers always helpful if have a problem. You need a strong head for the sites you can see sometimes

Two faced and exhausting

Typical day is very stressful, always low on staff! I have not felt supported whilst at this hospital, I worry that if I bring my concerns to management they will turn on me. Healthcare assistants and nurses are lovely, management let the hospital down!!

Pros

Some nice co-workers

Cons

Management, lack of staff, bullying

poor management of bullying and harassment

Management at the department I was working was horrendous. The Trust wouldn't want to see how quickly they were losing good workers because of the same problem and it almost felt like if they were brushing the issue under the carpet. Too much whistleblowing and speak up champions for nothing...my well-being was badly affected after this... hoping to have a better experience in another trust.

Pros

job opportunities

Cons

B&H management

Leeds NHS Trust

During my career I have worked with 5 NHS trusts across the region if West Yorkshire. If you genuinely cared about people and want to improve their lives and health, don’t waste your time working for the NHS. The overall culture is reminiscent of a primary school playground.

Pros

You have ‘NHS employee’ status

Cons

Long hours, bullying culture, poor patient care, short staffed, poor salary etc.

Caring environment

Great place to work always supporting staff with courses and made sure staff was rested and had breaks also supported with uniforms and NHS discounts like the blue. Light card.

Pros

Caring for people and NHS discounts

Cons

Working long hours working through your lunch break

Lovely small hospital, however not very forward thinking.

I genuinely enjoyed my time working at this hospital, sadly, as is commonplace in the NHS, smaller hospitals are very much not very advanced in their clinical understanding and, whilst the practices are safe and relationships are close between staff, the trust itself is very insular in its management.The site itself is well equipped for the community which it serves, e and triage is fast and efficient and the wards are very clean. Like every hospital however, understaffed and low morale is the norm and has an impact on staff and in turn the patients.

Pros

A small "community" feel to this hospital.

Cons

Matrons are old school and very "Clicky".

A small fish in a big pond.

A toxic and faceless cooperation. Staff treated as numbers, minimal opportunities to evolve and progress in the trust I was in previously.Poor management with clinical skills and no management. Support throughout COVID was poor no investment in staff well-being.Randomised shifts including nights and weekends being top heavy therefore leave you with a poor work life balance.I wouldn’t work for the nhs again. It’s slowly being privatised over the 15 years I was in and it’s becoming very poor. Patient care and safety is often compromised due to lack of investment and staffing. Many nurses changing careers due to stress and contestant increasing pressures.

Pros

Annual leave entitlement, pension

Cons

Management, hours and progression

Fun place

It's good but shifts are long. Team is great to work with but need more flexibility over shifts.Long hours but learning development are great and opportunities are available.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Terrible and bullying work culture

I worked at OUH for a number of years but the last couple of years the work environment became toxic with a blame and shame culture. The behaviour of senior colleagues and management was appalling. Patient care was compromised on a number of occasions. I have never seen an organisation so dysfunctional and lacking in leadership. Senior management did not practice the trust values and staff are not offered exit interviews despite being mandatory. I hope for the patients sake this changes but I think new leadership is needed.

Pros

Some amazing and talented staff

Cons

Senior management needs to change

Corrupt

Do not work for this Trust. They have a corrupt group of managers who have caused a lot of trouble for staff in the Trust. Avoid at all costs and work somewhere else in the Midlands where they protect their staff.

Pros

Cons

Corrupt management

Cultural competence

Nottinghamshire healthcare NHS foundation trust are not culturally competent. There is no career progression for BAME groups. There is no consistency in patient care The management do not care about their staff’s wellbeing

Poor management

Worst management , I won’t recommend to anyone very poor wilful leadership and management. Equality is only on paper. Innovative leaders are needed in that organisation.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Very Poor management

Very supportive and enthusiastic

I started my nursing career with this trust, they were very supportive, inclusive and helpful when I arrived and supported me fully in my transition from supernumary to autonomous nurse.Continuing professional development is paramount to them so education is promoted and facilitated. Lots of opportunity to advance roles in all specialities

Pros

Onsite childcare

Cons

Usual nurse hours

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • Nurse
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?