NHS

NHS Employee Reviews for Nursery Assistant

Nursery Assistant15 reviews
United Kingdom15 reviews

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,846 reviews

Overall very enjoyable and highly interesting

Working in a career where you want to help people and generally felling happy. it can be unnecessarily stressful dealing with short staffing & red tape. Othe areas to improve are the hours but generally good. While most colleagues are lovely there can be a generally unmotivated atmosphere is areas

Don’t do the apprenticeship

No opportunity to progress. Management don’t care about staff. The apprenticeship is so unorganised and once you have completed it there isn’t much opportunity to progress.

Pros

Helping people

Cons

Lots

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Awful

DO NOT WORK HERE. Dangerously understaffed. Managers that only care about themselves and their promotions. The pay is horrendous for what you have to deal with on a daily basis. Do not apply for a job here!!!!

Unhappy working environment

Poor support for staff, not able to give world class care, due to short staffing, excessively high demanding patients, poor working conditions so saff leave on a regular basis. Hotel NHS.

Productive department

My colleges in the NHS do a fantastic job in stressful circumstances and I am proud to be able to work with a great team. Typical day dealing with around 50/70 patients per session that's two sessions a day Learning new knowledge each day Management in the department is very good Culture in the work place is stressful at times but also rewarding The hardest part is giving bad news The most enjoyable part is caring and feeling you have helped a patient and made a difference in there care.

Pros

Excellent team members

Cons

Paying to park

workplace ward based

typical day of caring for clients with mental health issues understanding there needs from day to day.building an relationship of trust. activities with the clients

Placement

Typical day at work to me is to help out customers and ensure that I have given good customer service. I have learnt how to deal with the struggles at work. The hardest part could be dealing with customers that may be challenging. The most enjoyable part is helping out people and getting to bond and connect with staff memebers.

Pros

Free lunches and meeting new people

Cons

long shift hours

demanding but fun

Enjoyable job. Some of the staff were very young and sometimes dismissive of bank staff, however, most were friendly. The communication from the managers was sometimes a bit muddled, but nothing that caused any problems.

Pros

fun

Cons

poor communication

Large institution

Although there was a variety of wards it was an institution Consequently there wasn't much privacy very institutionalised and staff were bullied things have changed so much

Pros

Security good rates of pay and a good pension

Cons

Lack of laws made staff and patients life's difficult at times

fast working

very busy in the NHS, you always try and do something new, always learning and progressing. Nurse bank is a great way to be flexible and learn as you can go onto different wards.

Caring and compassionate

Although it is a while since I worked there I still regard my time there as a joy and privilege. I enjoyed my employment there and believe that my time there has changed myself for the better.

Pros

Support from peers

Cons

Unsocial Hours

Stressful But Exciting At The Same Time

A Typical Day At Work Would Start Of Pretty Well And End In Been Stressed And Great full That Shift Is Over. I Have Learned A lot From My Current Position Ranging From A lot Of Things. Management Can Not Really Say Anything About That As Your Opinion Never Matters And It Always Gets Passed On To Someone Else. Most Co-Workers Are Hard Workers. Hardest Part Of My Job Is Possibly Having The Motivation To Go To Work As It Could Quite Possibly Be Another Bad Shift. Most Enjoyable Part Is That I Get The Chance To Meet And Speak To Our Veterans Of Our Country And The Story's I Get To Hear.

Pros

Meeting Exciting People

Cons

Under Staffed Over Worked And Under Paid

A very productive place to work

I worked with children of all different ages from babies to pre- schoolers. i helped the children to read stories, encourage creative play, encouraged the children to clear away the toys and helped to comfort the children who have an afternoon sleep.

Learnt experience with working with children & completing my NVQ

Hard working a fun and busy workplace

Whilst my time at Royal Free Day Nursery a typical days work would, be greeting parents and children early in the morning, if parents had any questions or worries about what was to take place in the day I was expected to answer them, especially new parents. I was required through out the day to work independently as well as in a team, there was four other co- workers who I found very enjoyable to work with sharing the responsibilities of caring for the children, e.g nap time, and lunch. I learned a variety of things when I carried out my work experience at the nursery, I found that I had improved on my interpersonal skills., this involved feeling confident when talking to strangers. as well as answering questions correctly, without any problems. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the children, and carrying out fun activities with them, such as play time. I also enjoyed the part of my job where i got to meet new people. As well as, been part of a team, and been part of the children's first day at the Royal free day nursery.

Pros

Meeting new people and been part of a working team

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement