NHS

United Kingdom33 reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,846 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Nhs

Good employersFew opportunities once you reach the top of your bandingGreat job satisfaction and more often than not supportive and friendly colleagues

Pros

Job satisfaction

Caring and collaborative staff genuinely caring for patients

Staff generally are incredibly dedicated to their job role and collaborative across the MDT. Great opportunity for learning new skills and exposure to such a variety of clinical presentation. Rotations are good and varied as well as opportunity to progress quickly. Some great networking also to further progress development.

Pros

Great development/learning

Insights into NHS

Based on 1,232 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Worked with a great team

Managed to join a very supportive team. Learned a lot from my time spent there. Work will vary depending on your role and position so I am only speaking from my personal experience.

Disorganised

Disorganised Induction process was very messy Nothing set up for my start date so could not start doing my job as a result Most staff seem disengaged with their work Demotivating culture

Disappointment

Continuous levels of low staffing No respect for Allied health care professionals Poor work life balance Poor communication Work politicsPoor work culture Nothing more

Busy Caseload; Stressful Patients

Homerton Hospital has excellent managers and team is supportive. They actually want you to be good clinicians and support your development which can be a rare find in the NHS.Unfortunately, the demographics of the area do mean that the patients tend to be difficult to manage, especially in the short amount of time allotted. Complex medical and social history is the norm. In fairness, they do warn you of this in the application and induction. The high demand on the services means caseloads are bloated, diaries are packed and working additional unpaid hours may be necessary.Do not recommend unless enjoy working with complex/chronic patients.

Pros

good managers, friendly team

Cons

Difficult patients, stressful

Driven and supportive workplace

Strong emphasis on career progression and CPD. Valued as a member of the team and ideas listened to when raised. Regular training and opportunity to lead projects to help advance the service as well as building on leadership skills.

Pros

in-service training

Physiotherapist assistent

In the morning I had my list with the Pt. Always PT present if any issue or difficulty to problem solving arrived. Friendly and war environment on the wards.Good collaboration between othe professionals.Everybody very helpful to achieve my competencies

Lack of flexibility with additional hours

High pressure and busy on a daily basis. Often staff shortage. Often working 6 days a week to assist with further services i.e. weekend cover or on call. Lack of flexibility in rotations - often repeating 2 or 3 rotations prior to gaining experience in all core rotations with no flexibility to re-arrange rotations or change.

Nice place to work and gain experience , staff is very friendly and management is supporting you if needed. As a band 5 physiotherapist I felt welcomed and I would recommend to anyone who would like to join this Trust.

Pros

learning new skills

Stressful

It depends on where you work, but the work can be stressful at times and lacking support to do your job in a efficient and effective manner. If there was more support and better pay it would be ideal.

the most enjoyable part of the job

definitely a good and supportive team,along with nice understanding and motivated patients! =) fairly enough time to complete documentations. Satisfying job due to the patient type =)

challenging but excellent opportunity and training

Variety or roles and training offered. Working across different sites within a varied population in a busy inner city area. Opportunity to work in the community.

All of my experience gained within NHS

The best place to develop as a healthcare professionals especially in the larger teaching hospitals. The pay is good and increases year on year as you show your development.

Ok

Lack of Support and structured training for new starters... Enjoyed aspects of the job due to satisfaction from the patients achieving their goals!!!

Great professional staff

I really enjoyed working with professional, proactive and friendly colleagues who always put the patients first. No two days were the same and colleagues were always helpful to assist with challenges that may arise.

Pros

Great teaching

One of top 3 Orthopaedic Hospitals in U.K.

Ground breaking work done here. Experts in the field. Amazing team work i.e. Surgeons, Physios and Orthopaedic Nurses. The hospital had one administrator, the Surgeons had a regular board meeting and they made the decisions how the hospital was run. Only once did the Administrator the deny a 4 yr old child with a Ewing Tumor the right to live.... we haven't got the money. I went and gave him a rocket and lost my job. I was a star. I had children's ward and private ward and worked for all the surgeons known world wide.

Pros

5 day week 9 till 5 with 48hours on call (week-ends) monthly

productive

Good working cluture,friendly colleagues but more paper work causing waiting list. Integration with socoal work is not a good idea. It is becoming more documentationcentred than patient centred

Supportive team

Organising patient care and treatments as part of the MDT. Gain a multitude of skills for career progression. Management sometimes lead from the top down without listening. Hardest part of the job is losing a patient. Most enjoyable part is helping the patients and working as part of a team.

Pros

team work

Cons

limited resources

Great to gain experience

Great organisation to consolidate your clinical skills. Poor at identifying talent and little room for progression. I am glad I moved on to bigger challenges.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Does not provide progression

Hardworking caring philosophy

The most genuine, caring, inspiring group of healthcare professionals working in a difficult environment. Staff want to develop and progress the professions despite the limitation placed upon them. Still the place I would want to attend if help was required

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement