NHS

United Kingdom183 reviews

Found 183 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,850 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

No support from Management

Difficult job during the pandemic.Management unsupportive.The pay is not reflective of job's responsibilities.There is high staff turnover.Blame culture.

Fast paced, great benefits, nice colleagues

Great place to work, good benefits ie pension/sick pay etc. Work life balance. Would say that more room for progression is needed if you want to move up the ladder.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Good culture

Good colleagues and work environment, good progression opportunities for those who want it as well. Would recommend to anyone. Pay is fair and reasonable.

Great Experience

I had a great experience working within the NHS, and I had the opportunity to work with two amazing teams. Management were great and addressed any issues. Would definitely recommend Kingston Hospital

Okay to work for

Nhs is struggling so it is stressful, fast pace and busy Patients aren't always understanding that your trying you best but majority of the Time you can help them Pension is great

Fast paced & busy

Admin role in a busy office, varied & so busy, your day flew in. I enjoyed my job & would recommend an NHS admin role to anyone who is happy in a role where priorities can & will change by the hour.

Kendal hospital

Awful place to work. Bullying is accepted by management. Badly paid. No encouragement to learn new skills. Set in the ways and don’t like new staff.

Productive and good place

A productive and good place to work, supported by managers and department stuff to learn and grow. There is always someone to ask if I needed help as a new starter.

Boring and no support

I was an outpatient receptionist.The hospital was still being renovated when I started and the reception area was dull and uninviting. Manager was really supportive of teaching the NHS Cerna system. Quite difficult and not straight forward but she taught me well. The culture at the hospital was awful. Was bullied from day one and nothing was ever done. All that happened was meeting after meeting with superiors but not able to go directly to HR, it had to be through your line manager. Was made to feel as I was going mad. Suffered with stress and got signed off work because of it. The only help I got was to be moved to a ward clerk with no experience at all to cover during the covid outbreak. Awful experience. All the staff ganged up with the bully. I have never felt so let down by an employer that in the end I had no choice but to leave.

Pros

Cons

Everything. Bullying, racism, no support, no direct contact with HR. Just awful

NHS is a great system but you do a lot of hours.

Enjoyed working here. Nhs model is great and offers some progress. biased in promotions which isnt great. Amazing colleagues working day to day to make a great service.

Busy Environment

Busy, Fast paced enviroment. You will always have something to do. You don't really get bored as you will always be kept on your toes. Teams are usually nice to work with.

Fast paced and stressful but helpful colleagues

I work in A&E so most definitely it’s been a very busy and stressful year for all of us. The team is absolutely fabulous and very supportive and helps you out with work mostly, and specially with swapping shifts. But every one feels that they are paid much less than the amount of work they undertake. Management is slow to take notice of staff needs and making change is hard even though they are trying their best with several kinds of staff surveys. Overall no day is the same, you always have something to look forward to and the co-workers are truly amazing!

Pros

Helpful team

Cons

Less pay

Countess Of Chester Hospital (Outpatients/Health Records)

Fantastic place to work. I do have to admit it is very fast paced and a lot of work to do but if you are that way inclined you will love it. Your working day will fly by.I believe that we are all treated equal no matter what role you are in. There are many challenges but there is always somone to lean on.Management very approachable door is always open.All place's are short staffed at present but if you have a good working enviroment everyone mucks in.

Receptionist Outpatients

Working in the outpatients department i have never felt so at home. i have been treated like a part of a family since the day i started working here and would advise anyone who thinks about applying for a job here to do so!! i started as an aprentice and have managed to work my way up to a band 2 only in a couple of months with the support of my managers and surrounding colleagues who have continued to push me constantly to acheive the best i can within in role. would 1000% suggest to anybody applying for a role to do it you certainly will not regret it!!!!.

Pros

Great working relationships with all staff.

Cons

none!! the team is fantastic!!

Stressful

Underpaid and overworked are the best two words to describe the NHS. Staff are put under a lot of stress and given very little support or training. Not a good environment

Pros

Reasonable pension

Cons

No management support

Enjoyable

Work was very enjoyable all the colleagues are very welcoming most work was done online and interviewing clients was good. The pay was fair wasnt to far from were i lived so was easier for me to travel there.

Pros

Organised

Fast paced

Fast paced environment, very stressful at times but overall most of the team are lovely to work with. Interesting place to work good learning opportunities

Pros

Nice team, flexible working hours

Cons

Long hours, stressful

Bank worker

Do not be a bank worker, especially in admin departments , because they will train you, use you, eat you up and spit you out when they are done with you ie: when Covid lockdown lifting begins, but you were plenty for them when all the permanent staff were running off and shielding at home. Poor managers, very patronising, enjoy mud slinging, uptight politics between staff, no support or enhancing training and development. They will suck every last bit of energy and spirit from you, tread carefully and at your own peril.

Pros

A wage slip

Cons

Poor management that are always looking for scapegoats

A certain kind of person

While your colleagues will be supportive, management is poor. There is no wellbeing support and no follow ups if raise concerns. Pay is bad for the workload and you would receive some form of verbal abuse daily.However, the pension is good and some discounts that you can get.

Pros

Pension, discounts

Cons

Verbal abuse, poor pay and does not reflect workload

STRESSFUL Environment

It’s A Very Stressful Pressurised, Demanding, Environment To Work In, Which Leaves You Exhausted And Mentally Drained Most Days, Poor Pay For The Amount Of Work That’s Expected, One Break A Day!

Pros

Parking On Site

Cons

Unhealthy Working Environment

Rubbish pay

The pay is rubbish. Such a shame. For a job on the front line everyday even without covid-19 as people do not think too kindly of GP receptionist anyway abs yet we continue to be here and take it. Tough people in a tough and demanding role completely overlooked.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement