NHS

United Kingdom18 reviews

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,833 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

Radiographer

Worked here 22 years. Secure employment, decent pension, good annual leave days. Overtime a constant, always available due to being understaffed consistantly

Cons

Stressful, frustrating

Do not work here.

I worked here in the radiology department. I would not consider ever working here again. The staff are rude, unapproachable and are very unhelpful. There is a lot of unprofessional practice that is ignored by management. I did not feel valued as a member of staff. The turn-over of staff in this department is high, leaving mid yorkshire with a damaged reputation.

Pros

Cons

Management, Rude unhelpful unfriendly staff

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Satisfactory

Working environment Satisfactory , first moving pace that involves working in emergency departments, theatre, Gp and community patient. Required to work days, afternoons, night and on call .

very good

very good i have worked for the nhs for 26 years and i am very happy good work managers and staff good place to work variety of different roles day to day

Portsmouth hospital trust

Portsmouth Hospital Trust is an ok place to work. Decent facilities for staff but more effort needs to be taken towards staff well being. Only wanting to move on for personal development

I worked here for 14 years in Radiology and loved it, you can't wish to work with a nicer team, the equipment is good too compared to other places. The pay is excellent. Hours can be long and the place is busy like most NHS hospitals. You will also cover multiple sites and urgent care centres. Left for career reasons but would recommend to anyone.

Band 6 Staff

Busy department with a wide range of specialist Radiologists including hepatorenal specialists and general vascular work giving a wide range of learning opportunities.

Friendly staff, overall clean hospital, new equipment.

I been working in Radiology Department for 14 years . Overall view: clean hospital, new equipment , very friendly , polite and experienced staff, booking the procedure quite quick. Professional staff employed. Patients quiet difficult in this area . A bit problem with the PACS system after updating. General very clean hospital. Mostly staff very friendly. I wish to admins staff been little more friendly and professional. Short staff of porters and not enough chair's to transport patients from the ward to take them for a procedure. Need to be improved.

Cons

Extra hours and working in weekend's

Very good learning experience

Very good clean hospital equipped with very good working equipment and friendly helpful staff everyone is nice and the services provided are beyond expecatations very good indeed.

Pros

Good shifts, meet new people and learn new things

Learning

Alot of learning as it was part of my university course. spoke with alot of patients both as a professional and as someone who they could be comfortable with.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NHS?

Fulfilling job but demands on NHS make it difficult

Good hospital to work in. Opportunity for career development. Problems more to do with how NHS is run and government targets rather than the hospital itself.

Locum work done

As a locum i was welcomed very early on into my placement and blended into the work culture quickly. The hospital has teaching facilities and i also had the opportunity to partake in this.

Pros

friendly work environment

Cons

transport services needed

Love my job and the values of the NHS

I love being part of a world wide known company, the NHS. Working in such a fast paced ever changing environment is something I thrive on. Being a senior radiographer in a major trauma centre I am faced with new challenges and demands while constantly learning on a daily basis. I currently rotate through A & E, general, theatre and fluoroscopy.

Highly professional satisfying job

Very busy demanding department. Very rewarding working with the patients from all walks in life, suffering many different illnesses etc. Worked doing management duties, requiring specialised skills, but very rewarding. Hardest part of the job entailed long shifts, heavy demanding work. Also,having to overcome some sadness at times. The enjoyable part of the job was giving something to particular patients and making their day, depending on the nature of events.

Pros

Very rewarding

Cons

Long hours and heavy work

Overworked

Typical day, come to work , don't stop working, no time to sit down. Go home, eat sleep repeat. Blame culture and low salary to work ratio. Needs better management.

Receptionist at NHS

An enjoyable job where I get to interact with the public on a daily basis. The team are very supportive of each other and I enjoy the friendly atmosphere in which we work.

Pros

Lovely collegues

Cons

Sometimes quiet

Good working environment

I have been at my current hospital for over 15years, my post has altered over the years, but I have worked mainly outside normal working hours, I have been extremly happy and have, for the last few years enjoyed an almost perfect work life balance, doing the job I love , with people I enjoy working with ,I have kept up to date with changes and hopefully have honed my skills, and it is only changes within the trust that have rendered me redundant, our managers have always been approachable, accessable and reasonable, and above all flexable

Pros

Good work/life balance

Cons

Closure of our 24 hour a&e, So night radiographer no longer needed

Prestigious Institution

Great environment for a a junior radiographer, especially the transition from a newly qualified radiographer to a confident individual. It is a very large department that treats a variety of sites, this has given me the chance to learn many new techniques and deal with a variety of patients. Had the oppurtunity to act as a mentor to students. I enjoyed working with the patients the most and have enjoyed working with the staff here.

Pros

Great learning department

Cons

Working hours, shifts can range from 7:45 to 20:00

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
  • X-ray Technician
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?