NHS

Clear

Found 2,404 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,852 reviews
wardorganisationcolleaguepatienthospitalroleprogressiontrust

It’s ok

Nothing special but good work ethic from the team I work in, management ok but if want to ask something feel a bit put out, as they always busy, no proper staff room, but friendly and caring colleagues

Relaxed not stressful

Interesting , all you have to do is follow rules and procedures and you will be fine.You are supported by management and Senior scientist.Very nice place to work

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Unsupported

Band 7’s give little support and not visible to staff. Spend day in the office and not interested in staff. Complaints not taken serious and issues with equipment ignore and not escalated.

I have found the NHS an excellent place to work. The wage could be a little better, but you are given job security and a good work life balance. Management here is very good - they really take an interest in their staff and constantly strive for improvement. I would recommend working for the NHS.

No support from Management

Difficult job during the pandemic.Management unsupportive.The pay is not reflective of job's responsibilities.There is high staff turnover.Blame culture.

Don't go through agency

Initially I was going to write a good review, then next bit happened. Worked in IT department via agency, they said the contract was secure for 3 months, next i get a call saying I was no longer required. On top of that management were fairly respectable towards colleagues and I learned a lot, on the bad side they said to understand you need training and they we'rent prepared to do it. Management kicked off for being stressed and laid off contractors cos they couldn't bothered.

Too many Fixed term contracts

no job security as its just extensions of Fixed Term contracts. Management dont seem to be sure of their own processes which makes training and asking questions difficult.

Awful management

Absolutely no help or support from management , afraid to ask for help as they have showed you once so you should know it inside out. Horrible place , if your face fits your ok, if it doesn’t , you will be talked about. Avoid with all costs unless you want to end up Ill.

Challenging workplace

Overall a challenging workplace and I did not enjoy working there management made matters worse and there was clear favouritism happening in front of us did not enjoy at all absolutely acceptable

Work place culture very mixed .

Manchester University Hospitals Foundation Trust. Needs a massive overhaul poor management never really listen lower Bands and too many of them and some have climb the ladder far too quickly with little life experience!!!!

Pros

Decent Annual leave entitlement

Cons

Low salary

Poorly under paid and unappreciated

Management don't care about staffThere is alot of hierarchy in the nhs rde You are worth nothing and always looked down on. Pay is unfair. Health care assistant gets paid same as a cleaner and postman. Even though responsibilities and risks are alot higher. You get shouted at by nurses cause you ask them a question and its not there patient or you get blatantly ignored. They stop and look at you then turn around and walk away. They pretend you aren't there even when they are stood in the way. When you go and complain Management just throw it under the carpet and don't bother taking it any further.

Fun

Worked for the nhs immunisation management service. Enjoyed my time, everyone I worked with was friendly and my team were extremely supportive. Team meetings were always fun !

Pros

Great team

Cons

Repeative

Overall good

Good place to work, treated as part of the team. Ever changing. Good team to work for. Flexible and manageable workload. Management is fair and understanding.

Pros

Overall good

Cons

Can't think of any

Horrible

Horrible place to work, bullying culture. Lots of room for progression but jobs are given based on who you know not what you know. Staff are not appreciated at all, never praised when doing well but management are quick to point fingers when things not so good.

Pros

good annual leave after a few years. good pension

Cons

Overworked. Underpaid

Good in comparison to other NHS trusts

A little behind the times, and needing some investment in general, but working for NHS Borders is good in comparison to many NHS trusts I have worked for previously. The healthboard isnt huge and so you do get to know a lot of people, and the various services. People are generally friendly and want to do a good job. Management are okay, they want to be collaborative with their workforces, whether this works in reality I am unsure.

Pros

Good career prospects if you work hard

Cons

The finance team are TERRIBLE. If you have any issues with your wages, takes forever for them to sort it

Avoid. Bullying is rife

Bullying by senior staff is rife. The helpline is now managed externally which may help with reporting of incidents and issues but until good managers who do not micromanage, intimidate staff and withhold training are in place, there will not be an inclusive and nurturing environment.Pay is good and there are plenty of NHS discounts from many companies available on production of your work ID.

Exciting place to work

No two days are the same. You are open to a variety of experiences. A great place to learn different skills, from problem solving, events planning,to risk management. Communicating with members of the public, medics, senior managers to media.Colleague were very supportive of each other. You felt as if you were part of a bigger team.

Pros

Canteen lunchs and NHS staff discounts

Cons

At times long hours

rubbish place

given a job which takes 30 mins and told to make it last 4 to 6 hours....... management are poor, your never listened to if u have a problem and half the time your underpaid and other staff look down on you because your a cleaner

Pros

nothing

Cons

nothing

Not the worst by a long shot

Decent place to work, friendly people..Management do like a scapegoat when anything goes wrong.About as secure as any job these days. Good salary for order pickers.

culture of cliques intimidating

Not all parts of NHS Work in the same way, it’s down to management how each dept is ran which creates a clique culture. I loved working there at first. But if you get intimidated bullied it’s easier for some management to turn a blind eye, to pretend as if they support you , but as management control themselves within each dept, even HR choose to not get involved allowing them to sort their own in house issues . In my opinion/experience issues are never dealt with . It’s easier for management to ignore rather deal with or escalate a problem. I left due to this unhealthy culture which towards the end caused depression with no support. If you are lucky enough to work for a dept with good manager then it’s not all that bad..

Depends who you work with

Working at the NHS can be fun and rewarding or stressful and unfulfilling, it all depends on how your team & manager operates. There can be lots of opportunities to progress but the closer you get to management levels the more bureaucracy.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Can be boring and bureaucratic

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement