NHS

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Found 1,139 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,005 reviews

Radiographer

Worked here 22 years. Secure employment, decent pension, good annual leave days. Overtime a constant, always available due to being understaffed consistantly

Cons

Stressful, frustrating

Good culture

Good colleagues and work environment, good progression opportunities for those who want it as well. Would recommend to anyone. Pay is fair and reasonable.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

flexibility but stressful

stressful and underpaid, some benefits such as flexibility of working pattern. management can sometimes be difficult, colleagues are generally helpful

Good colleagues

Good job security long hours can be stressful under paid no one on your shoulder every days different always busy meet people from all walks of life

ok

ok wasnt too bad. alright pay , was fine to work with NHS although bit rude manager , management was poor , working conditions were good, not a stressful environment

Covering other duties during Covid as short staffed , too many managers not interested in staff point of view

As a short term contract will be looking for another role elsewhere ,a lot of good staff being used & not appreciated. While nothing done about long term absentees. A lot of pressure on just getting job done .

Pros

Money good on night shift .if full time contract you get a good pension

Cons

No travel time, management structure complicated sometimes not interested in personal needs

Overworked and under paid...

The pay isn't enough for the amount of stress working here causes - and I don't mean working as a nurse/doctor. - on the administration side. Bear this in mind!

Relaxed

Thoroughly enjoyed my job. Very interesting. Underpaid however. Bonus is being able to work from home. Team are lovely and very supportive. Hours are good.

Nhs biomedical scientist

Work as Biomedical Scientist for NHS is very good, you have a good work environment and pay, i can definitely recommend it to everyone especially for the family.

better jobs elsewhere for the money

poorly paid (Minimum wage)for what your expected to doNo support from management or team leadershealth and safety is a jokeYou even have to pay for parking which is not explained at interview

Secure

A great place to start out however salary progression is very slow. I believe the salary does not reflect all that you are expected to do as the job description that relates to the salary is outdated and since it was written up many more tasks have been added. Therefore I believe a review of the band for accounts payable assistants needs to be revisited as they are expected to do more than just accounts payable.

enjoyable workplace

working in theatres was both relaxed and fast paced, i always found a good morale which made it enjoyable. The pay could be better, especially living in cornwall.

Work hard for little money

You are often expected to work hard for little money. It some managers are friendly some are not,Work is often long winded and passed down the banding

Pros

Flexi working

Cons

Poor pay

Staff bank.

I love that I can choose my hours and where I work, although often ill be moved to other areas and if on an early I'll be asked if I fancy a long day. Pay isn't great, although being bank staff it's weekly. The flexibility works well for me as it means I can continue my studies alongside earning a wage. Opportunity for career development, although apparently it can be competitive.

No comment

Bad culture for bullying. Staff work long hours, breaks under management discretion. Sickness viewed as letting your workmates down. Agency staff paid more and can pretty much do nothing. No ivs no critical meds no care with patients.

Great job

I used to be a covid 19 multi skilled operative and the job was amazing very good pay would be a bit busy during peak times however it was defiantly worth it.

Pros

Cons

nothing

Good working supportive workplace

Have worked for Sussex partnership NHS for 5 years . And it's the best job I've had. 9 weeks hoilday paid a year. Sick pay extra pay for unsociable hours and bank hoildays. Flexible working request acknowledged and agreed . Good supportive management . Worth while job in getting paitients better and back home .

Pros

Hours, hoilday allowance . Pension scheme Greater flexible working

Cons

Can do long hours . Can be busy and faced past .

Stressful but rewarding

Stressful at times but can be rewarding. Change can be slow and sometimes don’t utilise people’s skills in the best way. Demand outstrips capacity which is hard to manage.

Benefits

Cons

Low morale

Secure job

Working in the NHS is a secure job with a great pension. Can be difficult at times working with the public but it's a rewarding role. Hopefully there is a pay rise for NHS staff soon considering the cost of living now.

Productive and nice place to work

There can be times it can be stressful but not all the time, sometimes you feel like you are well supported by your team managers and very understanding about everybody's circumstances.Overall the pay is good but can be even greater if we had more better pay for the hard work we do here. However it is not bad pay but reasonable.

Good

Love working here. Money is good for the job you do however due to the contracts being fixed term, it can be stressful to find something afterwards. However they do offer a redeployment scheme which is helpful

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Job security

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement