NHS

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Found 2,168 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,846 reviews

It’s ok

Nothing special but good work ethic from the team I work in, management ok but if want to ask something feel a bit put out, as they always busy, no proper staff room, but friendly and caring colleagues

Nhs

Very fast paced place to work. Unsociable hours as part of contract as a midwife. Pay is not reflective of the amount of work that we do but there are plenty of opportunities for career progression if you take the chance.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Stressful work place

You'll find it hard trying to get a day off but as expected the nhs is struggling don't think you get paid enough for what you deal with people on a salary are usually over worked and don't get any credit for it

I have found the NHS an excellent place to work. The wage could be a little better, but you are given job security and a good work life balance. Management here is very good - they really take an interest in their staff and constantly strive for improvement. I would recommend working for the NHS.

Totally rewarding

The hardest job I’ve ever done emotionally but the reward of helping people in their darkest hour and working with great people is great and although some days can be long and stressful the good days outweigh the bad

Pros

Making a difference

Great employer overall

NHS is generally an ok employer. Depending on what Band you are. Time off is good and great perks such as sick pay, maternity pay etc. can be long hours at times

Great

Pretty enjoyable, good employer… happy where I am, still have the flexibility to work from home, which is a big plus due to the price of parking which is extremely expensive

Pros

Free lunches

Busy but the good kind

It’s not for the light hearted! But met some lovely people and rewarding job! Enjoyed it! Was very full on and all hands on deck. Understaffed at times, but the helping others is definitely worth it!

Pros

Lunch discount

Cons

Long days

Great workplace!

I’ve worked a little in the private sector and working for the NHS imo has really good benefits, better than private for me. Excellent amount of holidays given each year, flexibility around childcare and working from home. Overall I feel very job secure working for the NHS.

Usual NHS job

Usual NHS job, long hours but respectful managers. Under paid of course but that's not a surprise, nurses are undervalued in general. Organised chaos. Great team.

Could be better

The workplace wasn’t too bad, however, if your face fits you’ll get favouritism over the other people who work twice as hard. There is no problem solving either. If someone has an issue with you the managers just tell you to keep away from each other. There’s hardly any recognition either.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

You’re expected to work 3 weekends of out 4

Busy

Inumani i long days da 12 ore effettive mezz'ora di pausa pranzo e mezz'ora di pausa per la cena per un totale di 13 ore lì dentro viaggio escluso.. inutili i due giorni di riposo successivi..

Cons

Cibo alla mensa, ambiente lavorativo teso

Nhs

The NHS on a whole runs a great service for the UK to be able to use. Yes, it’s not perfect, however staff like myself give them out all and are passionate about the jobs we do.

Good place to work as a team

Lots of benefits, huge amounts of staff lots of interesting places to work, can progress if you get in the right department, you will make lots of friends. Flexible working available

Excellent colleagues

I enjoyed going to work very much in spite of long hours, mainly due to my colleagues and a manager who listened. There were opportunities for overtime and some flexibility with shifts; as a job one felt that one was making a contribution during the pandemic .

Underpaid and under recognised job

As a porter you do more important and risk things but the culture around NHS is like just nurses and doctors exist. Most of the time your work is not recognised and your work with short staff and the payment is just balanced by the unsociable hours and weekends and nights. But the amount of tasks that you do daily ar far more vast than people would expect

Pros

Stability, helping others

Cons

Incredible wrong balance on rota/life, no progression, working in an environment that has no cultural progression and room for improvement.

Good in comparison to other NHS trusts

A little behind the times, and needing some investment in general, but working for NHS Borders is good in comparison to many NHS trusts I have worked for previously. The healthboard isnt huge and so you do get to know a lot of people, and the various services. People are generally friendly and want to do a good job. Management are okay, they want to be collaborative with their workforces, whether this works in reality I am unsure.

Pros

Good career prospects if you work hard

Cons

The finance team are TERRIBLE. If you have any issues with your wages, takes forever for them to sort it

Exciting place to work

No two days are the same. You are open to a variety of experiences. A great place to learn different skills, from problem solving, events planning,to risk management. Communicating with members of the public, medics, senior managers to media.Colleague were very supportive of each other. You felt as if you were part of a bigger team.

Pros

Canteen lunchs and NHS staff discounts

Cons

At times long hours

Fast paced, great benefits, nice colleagues

Great place to work, good benefits ie pension/sick pay etc. Work life balance. Would say that more room for progression is needed if you want to move up the ladder.

great for interpreters

I love my job as an interpreter there as it's flexible and I get to meet loads of people and learn about different things.

rubbish place

given a job which takes 30 mins and told to make it last 4 to 6 hours....... management are poor, your never listened to if u have a problem and half the time your underpaid and other staff look down on you because your a cleaner

Pros

nothing

Cons

nothing

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement