NHS

NHS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7,291 reviews

Found 7,291 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,850 reviews

It’s ok

Nothing special but good work ethic from the team I work in, management ok but if want to ask something feel a bit put out, as they always busy, no proper staff room, but friendly and caring colleagues

Overworked for little money

Secure job, good managementBut overworked, expect the impossibleHorrible working conditions, red hot, no circulating air. Can't even get a drink because your too busy.

Insights into NHS

• Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

flexibility but stressful

stressful and underpaid, some benefits such as flexibility of working pattern. management can sometimes be difficult, colleagues are generally helpful

Love working for NHS

I love my job at the NHS but I would like some degree of flexibility to be given for parents of toddlers who don’t have any childcare or are struggling to get childcare.

It was my first serious job

I worked as a hospital porter and it was a great experience, the work is hard alot of walking and pushing heavy gear but the staff are generally nice and as a porter there is a sense of family within the work place and all that goes along with that type of environment

Fair place to work

It could be worse, the NHS has suffered over the past 2 years with the Covid pandemic. Lots of changes brought in at even faster pace not always enabling staff and teams to keep up

Awful

Poor pay, poor conditions, worked to the bone.More and more responsibility given to staff with no regards for quality of care.Staff are moved around continuously, PIN numbers at risk by working un unfamiliar areas.Patient care is abysmall, you can't do what you need to do as staff ratios have fallen to an unsafe level.

Stressful bur rewarding

Rewarding when dealing with patients. Can be stressful. Competitive rate of pay. Remote working advantageous around home work balance. Plenty of work available.

clicky but ok

the pay is ok but the people working there are not nice some are ok. management is very poor and biased. the job is very repetitive and boring.The supervisors do not know what they are doing very underappreciated, no team work very individualistic and a lot of preferred treatments to older staff

Outdated systems, lack of opportunity for progression, hiring less qualified individuals and paying them more than others

The NHS is extremely outdated and disorganised and everyone that works there is aware of it but nothing is ever done. Most of the management were lovely but a few let themselves down, extremely power hungry and can’t stand if people ‘less superior’ to them have an opinion different to theirs. One of my colleagues was told at their exit interview that they don’t have the skillset required to get the job they want and then ended up getting a job in their desired field that paid 10k more and is now thriving. Also a lot of discrepancy between how they pay their staff. Hiring people with degrees plus experience and paying them considerably less than someone with no degree and a lack of experience. Then saying they can’t progress into that higher band until they’ve worked in the department for 2 years, very bizarre. Wouldn’t except any job offered again.

Cons

Pay discrepancy, power hungry managers, disorganised, lack of opportunity for progression

Good colleagues

Good job security long hours can be stressful under paid no one on your shoulder every days different always busy meet people from all walks of life

ok

ok wasnt too bad. alright pay , was fine to work with NHS although bit rude manager , management was poor , working conditions were good, not a stressful environment

Duty of care always provided

Very good service friendly environment nice place to work always team players and very happy working within the nhs alway happy to help with any problems and the care is at a very high level

Pros

Pensions

Cons

Shifts to suit

Covering other duties during Covid as short staffed , too many managers not interested in staff point of view

As a short term contract will be looking for another role elsewhere ,a lot of good staff being used & not appreciated. While nothing done about long term absentees. A lot of pressure on just getting job done .

Pros

Money good on night shift .if full time contract you get a good pension

Cons

No travel time, management structure complicated sometimes not interested in personal needs

Awful

Over worked, unappreciated. Money rubbish for the amount of work expected from you. Worked on staff residence was vile. So dirty, Worked out backsides off to get clean & tidy to a very high standard to be met with same dirt & grime days later. Cut off from hospital staff, They do not care about the staff up there. I enjoyed cleaning but not worth the tiring hard work as it doesn't get recognised.

Overworked and under paid...

The pay isn't enough for the amount of stress working here causes - and I don't mean working as a nurse/doctor. - on the administration side. Bear this in mind!

Very stressful at the moment

There are many opportunities to grow here and the experience that you will gain will be very desirable. The days are very stressful and I do not feel we are paid for how much we work. Especially during the pandemic we have had very little support and funding to adjust to the increased workload.

Pros

Room to grow, excellent CV credentials

Cons

Stressful job and feeling undervalued

Poor pay and management

Staff need better salaries and managers need better training. I love almost everything else about my job. The NHS as a whole needs a procurement and recruitment overhaul because both aspects are expensive and poor quality.

Relaxed

Thoroughly enjoyed my job. Very interesting. Underpaid however. Bonus is being able to work from home. Team are lovely and very supportive. Hours are good.

Fun workplace

Everyday you may meet interesting people and your work will make difference to them. But understaffed and underpaid which will have massive impact on your life. Thankfully most of the staff will make you feel confident and supportive.

Great working environment

NHS KCHFT Bank administrator covid 19 vaccination programmeGreat work at the beginning, loads of shift but now that most ppl have had their vaccine no shifts since it’s bank anyways.Very repetitive so gets boring.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS with

• NHS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?