NHS BLOOD AND TRANSPLANT

NHS BLOOD AND TRANSPLANT Employee Reviews in London

Receiving and delivering orders for blood from other hospitals, preparing donated blood to be delivered by scanning it through laboratory processes and then packing it up to be sent out by drivers to designated hospitals. Collecting blood samples, labelling them correctly following the quality control standard, using computer programming for the processes and data base. Using and maintain laboratory equipment. E.g. sterile connection devices, heat sealers and laminar flow cabinets.
Dubious ethics. Poor management. Nepotism abundant. The potential to be a great company, however, complacency is entrenched and there is little critical reflection.
Unreasonable goals set for the working day, which always overruns. The people working here are amazing, but are being overworked and are underappreciated and so are disheartened. It feels like a constant battle with planning to try get a reasonable work load for the day.
I work 9am-5pm with a 30 minute break. I learnt a lot about medical field and how to deal with sensitive and confidential information. Management is very good. My co-workers are nice and helpful in difficult situations. The hardest part is multi-tasking and meeting deadlines at times. I enjoy my job overall.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
could be better paid