NHS Digital

NHS Digital Employee Reviews

Loved working for NHS Digital and I am thankful for being part of 2 great departments that understood the importance of work life balance. My time there is cherished greatly. Some amazing characters and caring people.
Pros
Great salary, pension scheme and opportunities to develop
Cons
Many transformations taking place, when you’re settling in.
Mass redundancy of technical staff for The consultancy’s owners who are friends of the CEO, a very London centric organisation if you value your mental health stay away from this company. A very middle class organisation they treat working class people like rubbish.
Pros
Get paid on time.
Cons
Lack of progression, shocking business practices.
I mostly enjoyed my time with NHS Digital, in particular the Front Door Service and Strategy, Policy & Governance great people. I learnt an awful lot during this time. The workplace culture is very understanding. The hardest part of the job was being made redundant in April 2020. If I was given the opportunity I would certainly return and recommend NHS Digital if asked.
Pros
Working from home, flexibility, salary, staff, managers, ethics, fair policies
Cons
Progression is slow
Brilliant place to work. Very supportive and great career advancement opportunities. Opportunity to work on lots of different types of projects and access to training opportunities.
NHS Digital is a great place to work. They have a growing focus on employees and exploring emerging technologies to improve the operating model. They are delivery focussed and encourage flexible working.
The NHS has to follow strict procurement procedures which are meant to save money but actually cost more than any savings they might create and they are time consuming and onerous. But if you can accept these constraints then the NHS is a good organisation to work for.
Can have fun if you want but always work hard, however looked after and flexible working if requested, Projects can be singular large or a mixture of various small projects.
Leeds office on the ascendant, Exeter office withering away due to the basing of the majority of the executive management tier in Leeds. The executive management have a very distant relationship.
Have enjoyed working here and have gained a lot of experience that will help shape my future. If the office was to remain open, my future would be on a different path.
The CEO is taking the organisation through great changes at the moment including large amounts of redundancies. The culture has changed dramatically over the last 18 months and morale is really low. This has been exacerbated by the redundancy programmes that are being brought in threatening all bands and all locations - including closing down two locations completely.
Day to day experience will very depending on department / team. However I was unfortunate to be part of a team which was not only managed extremely poorly but treated its staff as expendable, Hardworking or not. Culture was very much look after own staff. Some people are understanding and helpful but very rarely.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
None existent management, treatment of staff, progression is questionable...
A great employer that offers job security and good work/life balance flexibility. NHS Digital implements a wide range of programmes and projects which in turn offers staff varied job opportunities. As in most public sector organisations things do move a little slowly but the organisational culture is relaxed, inclusive, diverse but focused.
Pros
Location flexibility includind working from home
Cons
Most activity is based Leeds HQ which means frequent travel
Like many organisations it suffers from a too many layers of management, too many contractors, ever changing processes and a lack of clear objectives. This can lower morale and lead to high turnover.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Bureaucracy
Arranging and darrying out interviews with data providers. Reviewing proposals for data collection and their appropriateness, and ensuring there is no duplication.
Pros
Flexible working.
Cons
Too many internal meetings.
NHS Digital is a great place to work with flexible hours and a great working environment with other members of staff willing to help. They can provide position according to your abilities and is able to help develop you skills in your area of work.
Great place to work with interesting people and really appreciate the work given. Would highly recommend for anyone looking to start a career within healthcare
Not enough people looking up and out in order to develop a broader context for work. Staff are encouraged to be like-minded and "happy/positive" even when serious questions are posed.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor middle management
Working for the NHS is a safe An sercue job, working for the trust is a enjoyable career An can be furfillingly rewarding, there is always opportunities to move forward with in the trust.
I've worked here for 9 months as a test analyst and have really enjoyed myself. I work with a great team in a friendly office. I have had no bad experiences while working here.
Pros
Great people to work with, Good Salary
Cons
Working for NHS Digital over the past years has been challenging with the change of government and the NHS transformation. Changes in thinking and ways of working have meant a complete 90 degree way of thinking. I am a one person team and have been left to prioritize my time and work. I have to work to tight deadlines and milestones to delivery projects on time. I enjoy liaising and working with stakeholders both internal and external.
Pros
Variety in projects
Cons
Challenging and sometimes frustrating
Flexible working hours Training available Fun Experience people Huge library of knowledge Vast skills and experience around the organisation
  1. Employee reviews