NHS Grampian

NHS Grampian Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews

Insights into NHS Grampian

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Productive and fun place to work

Lovely working environment, managers are flexible and able to work with your home/ job demands within reason to allow for a better working environment. Lots of areas to work, different specialties that offer on the job training, which helps to keep your skills updated and provide new ones.

Pros

Good work and home balance

Cons

Not the best pay

NHS Grampian

Working for NHS Grampian was by far one of the best experiences I have experienced in health & social care. I learned a lot about different types of care with a variety of age groups and aliments. If your a high energy person who can work very well on their own but also with a team and love the unexpected then working for NHS is for you.

Pros

Very good pay

Cons

I had to leave due to the hours not being flexible enough for college.

Nice workplace

Very nice enviroment staff help eachother Well organised helpfu;l people close from home good squeme pension breaks afre nice to share with collegues

Good workplace, friendly and helpful staff.

Rewarding and interesting organisation to work for. A wide variety of tasks and opportunities alongside working with colleagues who are willing to assist in achieving positive outcomes.

Job was great,doctors were nice and down to earth,the rest were jobsworth.

Absolute disgrace how staff are treated.Too much jobs worth there.accusations were so bad how these staff could sleep at night.I could as I done my job plus other last staff.

Had agood time working there with some great workmates.Although the wages werequite low if you worked the shifts and overtime you could make some good pay.

Pros

Never a dull day

Cons

pay

An Expeirence

Always busy, hard going. Learned to keep on time, nice people to work with friendly staff. I wouldn't say there was a hardest part of the job i'd say it was all equally hard work. Being part of a time.

Productive workplace

The job entails daily and routine cleaning of wards, offices, kitchen area and other parts of the hospital. work environment is very conducive and the management is excellent. the most enjoyable part is interacting with patients and attending to their needs.

Aberdeen Royal Infirmary is a busy place to work but is a productive place. The shifts were to long for a women with a young family. The staff did work as a team

Pros

Free uniforms

Cons

Long shifts

productive and caring environment

Fun workplace with great people and supportive management. A place where you can personally grow and develop and learn your limits within the workplace.

Pros

Good salary

Varied but overloaded

working hours 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, with flexi-time available 8am-6pm. IT 2nd line support via remote tools or site visit, covering Aberdeen and shire NHS site - includes GP's, Hospitals & Community Hospitals and NHS Dental sites.

Busy and challenging

There are many tasks to do in a day for a staff nurse - administration of medications, providing personal care including maintaining skin integrity, wound dressings if required, offering advice and reassurance to the patient, handing over information in the form of clear and concise handwritten documentation and verbal handovers, liasing with patients, families, multidisciplinary teams and staff members, answering phones and queries and so on. I learned to be observant, patient, consistent and approachable. Hardworking team as with all other areas of the hospital. The time constraints and lack of staffing are the hardest parts of the job. Getting to know patients and seeing their journey through the healthcare system. Also knowing that you ve helped to aid their recovery as best you can.

Cons

I work within the neonatal unit at Aberdeen maternity hospital here I work alongside trained nurse, doctors, secretaries and the multi disciplinary team. Caring for preterm babies, term babies with problems at birth and babies with neonatal abstinence syndrome to which I have loads of experience communicating with the parents. I organise and attend to the babies and families coming back into the unit for their out patients appointment in the out patients clinic. Gathering notes together and making follow up appointment.

Every day is different

Working at Royal Cornhill is a brilliant experience the supervisors and co-workers are excellent. working in the wards or a member of the catering staff it challenged and learned me new skills everyday As a member of the catering staff learned me cooking skills I never had before I joined the service. The hardest part of the job is the staffing sometimes staff are left to man a whole kitchen or ward on there own which normally is a three man job. .

Pros

lovely staff and cafe with good prices for lunches

Profile

A hard working and confident young lady who has 3 years experience in Administration rolls. Looking to take my career further and widen my experience in a similar role. Dealing with clients and customers is an advantage of mine in a polite and professional manner. I am currently in employment working at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary as a receptionist working as bank staff - looking for a permanent position where I can progress myself and my career.

fun work place

day to day a work was different each day. I learned a lot of things working with other and also deadlines

Pros

na

Cons

vaurouse hours

Daily routine starts with serving breakfast to the patients. After that cleaning and scrubbing of the department. Team is very supportive, management not so much. Job requires contact with various people\patients on daily basis, what may be challenging sometimes.

its a job

Driving between Woodend hospital and Aberdeen royal Infirmary with notes, mail and blood specimens also work in postroom, and taking staff to the banks

Pros

Nnone

Productive and rewarding

The opportunity to help those that help the most vulnerable members of our society is what motivates me to go to work, but can also be one of the hardest parts about the job. Conversations have to be had very carefully and with a great deal of tact at times, especially when talking about the future workforce. I've learned a lot through this job, from how to work closely with clinicians to acheive mutually beneficial outcomes, to diplomacy in the office

Pros

job satisfaction and meeting people

Cons

stressful

Positively Challenging.

There was no typical day at work in the prison setting, there are various prison regimes which we need to respect and nursing patients has to be fitted around these strict daily routines. We medicate 4 x daily and try hard to fit in clinics around these very demanding times. The Clinic's we run are based on education, sexual health, Blood borne viruses, smoking cessation, health checks, wound care, diabetic care and chronic care. Mental health nurses and addiction nurses and much appreciated care from outside support services. Management in such a restricted area and at a time the prison was due to close was a challenge of its own, with such a shortage of experienced prison nurses put a marked strain on the already exhausted service and nurses. The hardest part of the job was working with bank nurses most had no Prison experience and were restricted to the clinical areas and required a great level of support and understanding. The ripple effect of this was demonstrated in patient dissatisfaction of the limited service we were trying to provide. Nurses were becoming very frustrated in the fact we could only provide the essentials and often clinics had to be cancelled at the last minute or withdrawn completely. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference, through all the chaos of these patients in custody I was able to gain trust and respect.

Pros

Life long learning

Cons

Working around strict regimes

Busy Environment

Work closely within the payroll department and in particular, the payroll manager to attain local and national goals Contacting NHS staff and informing them of the training dates for the new E-Expenses system Retrieving data from database to forward onto, line manager Data input on e-Expenses to a high level Consolidate questionnaire answers and creating reports and relaying theses directly to the department manager Responding to queries from staff, team leaders and managers in regards to the e-Expenses system Ensuring data was proof read and correct before the documents were digitalised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NHS Grampian. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement
  • NHS Grampian
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?