NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE

NHS GREATER GLASGOW AND CLYDE Employee Reviews

4.5

Loved working at nhs

So totally protected to look after my working life and we’re really helpful had no issues with any of my working colleagues who have given me the confidence to go for better jobs

Rewarding

To work within the NHS is a rewarding job. It is a fast paced job, and you have to work to high standards at all times. Working with other good members of staff and a good management team makes the workplace happy. The best part of the job is knowing you are part of a caring environment.

Pros

Rewarding job

Cons

can be stressful

Scottish Adult Congenital Cardiology Service, National Service

SACCS provided a very skilled and dedicated service to the people of Scotland in the care of their congenital heart conditions. As part of the team I interacted in a caring, supportive, proactive manner in the administration and management of the service. I undertook daily tasks of which I worked through confidently prioritising, working to deadlines, adhering to waiting times needs in a timeous and pleasant manner. I worked very hard in this Specialist environment, carrying out tasks directed by my Director supporting other team members and staff regarding patient referrals. I amended any such requests as directed by my superiors and prioritised any changes indicated in a timeous and professional manner. Ensuring any follow-up requests were administered and deploying such requests as indicated via medical staff. As part of the team I co-ordinated activities with fellow team members ensuring a smooth flow of information on behalf of service users namely the patients, internal and external administration. I interacted with my co-workers in a professional, supportive and helpful manner. To me this was the most enjoyable part as I really enjoy working and being part of a large team working towards fantastic outcomes for the patients of my service. Time I would say was the hardest part of the job as this department catered for 4,000 patients in Scotland with mild to extremely life threatening health conditions of which were many faceted. As such I was a time management and administrative expert in order to be able to carry out such a skilled job in such a very -

Pros

Very variend and interesting post, constant learning curve

Excellent working Environment, friendly staff, exceptional training facilities.

My typical day at work with NHS is Catering Services, I've learned that all patients are different. I have learned that there are all types of textured meals for specific patient needs, temperatures of food have to be exceptionally high before we go out to serve. The management team are extremely nice and friendly. All co-workers have been friendly and out going. The hardest part of the job is doing the tea run. All patients have different requirements and needs, some patients aren't allowed tea/coffee/water at certain times due to operations ect. I enjoy my job here with the NHS I get to be involved with all sorts of people from all ages too.

Pros

good wages, reasonable hours.

Cons

not enough hours.

Good team work and wide practical experiance.

I have 15 years of theatre experience in different hospitals in India, Middle east and U.K Currently I am working with NHS Hospital in Scotland which have 900 beds and got a special Institute of Nuerological Science which covers whole population of West of Scotland. My Skills ,experience and my ability to work well under pressure, will enable me to make a substantial contribution to my work base. I believe that a challenging environment such as yours will provide an excellent opportunity for me best utilize my skills while contributing to the health care community., patients and their families.We are in a busy and fast moving theatre

Pros

free training courses

Cons

long busy hours of work.