NHS Healthcare Support Workers

NHS Healthcare Support Workers Employee Reviews

Featured review
NHS Healthcare Support Workers selected this as a representative review
Our day started when we met at our base to load our lorry with all the equipment needed for the donor session and we would then drive to our location in all parts of the south east. We had great opportunities to advance within the NHS and I personally took advantage of everything that was offered to me. We worked as part of a really great and mostly supportive team, our day was spent happily with most of us being good friends and even after five years after retirement from the service we still meet for lunch every few months. The hardest part of the job was the long hours sometimes being away from home for 12 plus hours.
Pros
Team work and advancement
Cons
Working here at entry level is a good way to propel your career because of the appraisal systems in place allowing you to ask for more support and grow
Pros
Progression
Cons
stressful
Really enjoyed working in the hospital on the ward. Very busy fast paced. Plenty of patients in and out. Plenty to always be done and in the same breath the wage did not reflect this at all and still found myself and family at food banks regular whilst in this role to the point where staff manager used to make us up food parcels for Xmas.Could not afford to stay in this role feed a family and run a household was not possible no matter how much I loved the role and ward staff.. Admin staff are never appreciated within there roles by the bigger heads yet ward staff realise there importance.
Pros
Staff amazing... Work together team work makes the dream work!
Cons
The wage beyond poor band 2 not able to live on.
Loved working with people , I was in a different place each day , sometime in a clinic .Nail surgery or in the community , visiting patients and performing treatment . Every day was different , but enjoyable.
Pros
Loved meeting people
Cons
Worked after hrs cashing clinics up
Amazing team. Work life balance. Flexible. Lots of opportunity for progreswion. Always felt valued and appreciated. Brilliant team morale . Highly recommend.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Can be stressful work
Great place to work. Flexible hours and friendly staff. I’ve worked in Rhondda and Aberystwyth and they were both great trusts to work for. Would recommend anyone applying.
i love my job as a healthcare assistant but ive tryed to advance my career they score interviews but i just cant get that next band always some excuse from just 1 point short or someone from that ward got it. i personally think that its a age thing to be honest . the hours are terrible as we do days and nights in the same week and that takes some getting over not enough time to recover from your shifts either
Cons
long hours and shifts
Love my job appreciated every shift. Great team work. Awesome rota. If I need help it's there from my team and management. Welcomed me soon as I started, love doing bank shifts too as I get to pick other departments and learn more. .
Pros
Further levels
Cons
My ward is fast paced, have fab colleagues and manager. Pay i think is a little low for what is expected of you. Very rewarding job, ongoing training lots of opportunities to learn.
Great company very flexible working culture.. more focus of employee wellbeing. Lot of overtime oppurtunities yet very flexible. Thoroughly enjoy working here.
Rubbish management and bullies don’t care about staff or patients people treated with little respect and the Higher the staff positions the more horrible they became : full of backstabbing horrible people
Pros
7 weeks holiday a year
Cons
Worse place in the world
I worked here for a period of time and was stressful no support from management no social life got told nhs is ur priority made me feel low and like I had no life outside of work
From coleagues to management everyone always cared about me and tried to help me out. You can say you need a 5 minute time out if you a feeling majorly overwhelmed just be open
Pros
amazing people to work with, good wages
Cons
Role can be very stressful and mentally draining sometimes
Avoid working at the St Aubyns centre! They’re all bullies! They have a clique going on so you will never feel part of their team. Horrible place!!!!!
Pros
Some of the band 2 and 3’s are lovely.
Cons
Management are bullies especially band 6’s and 7’s
It’s a great place to work you have to have a fast right, you have to learn on the job. It’s a stable job but you will have a good community to work with
Very busy clinic area. No two days are the same. Many skills used and learnt. It's a work in progress environment. Very multi cultural. Sometimes with language barriers that need overcoming. Very supportive staff team.
Pros
Very variable working days. Supportive staff team. Training and new skills are encouraged.
Cons
Sometimes feels like there arenot enough hours in the day to achieve all you want to achieve.
I love working for NHS. Iv not worked for NHS long but the short time I have had a great experience and has help me grow and develop skills and confidents .
I love my job & what I did but there is lots of room for improvement! Pay needs looking into. Management need to spend more time on wards. Patients need to be listened to. Doctors need more dementia training.
Working for 111 was a good opportunity to use my skills to listen to people and help them. I found the culture of the job was very much us(agency) and them the full time staff. Training was two weeks intense and didnt provide all information when in the role
Very clicky place to work ,where bullying is allowed certain lazy staff do no work whilst you do everything and they think they rule the roost I'd I'd definitely advise not to work there .
Cons
Ok to work for, however more of a medical approach which is understandable, with limited acceptance of social interventions and benefit to mental health.