NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit

NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews

I enjoyed my short term contact and would be happy to do anothet

I worked with a good team who responded quickly and efficiently to any questions or queries I had. I was required to carry out a small TUPE in a short space of time and their assistance was essential.

Pros

Friendly and open

Stressful most of the time

It was a stressful job most of the time. I mostly felt unappreciated and the manager I was under was not a good manager. She was never understanding of any situations and I never got positive feedback it was always negative from the manager, however I did get a lot of positive feedback from my colleagues which was nice.On the positive side I don't regret working there as I learned to cope with stressful situations and working with a huge userbase. I learned a lot of useful skills but feel I could have learned a lot more if I had a more supportive manager.

Pros

Learned new skills and working situations

Cons

No support or encouragement from the manager

Provide good opportunities

The CSU provide good regular opportunities to bank workers. They do try to accommodate a work life balance. Except you to learn fast and use own initiative. Team leaders and very friendly and approachable.

Pros

Good and regular opportunities, good pay bands and friendly colleagues

Cons

Uncertainty how long you have an assignment/job for and usually just few months

Great Team

PMO team and Field Engineers are one of the best in NHS. Car parking never an issue. The Office is next to the Cheshire Country park great for lunch walks.

Pros

Great location, great team

Cons

communication on contract extension is very poor

Improving

Overall a good place to work, relaxed culture some may say too relaxed. Certain HR policies are weak and make staff management difficult. Senior management are listening and trying to improve culture and workplace.

Loved it

I was gutted when my contract came to an end - I would love to still be working there. Just no opportunity at the time a lot depends on budgets and finance.

Pros

Lovely Managers

Cons

A lot of contract work

Great team and stimulating work

My role is to ensure safe, effective and cost-effective prescribing in the GP practices in which we work. Days are varied but usually involve carrying out medication reviews, answering medicines information queries, analysing prescribing reports, providing education sessions about the latest medicines management issues to clinicians, formulary work, acting upon safety alerts, networking, keeping up-to-date with the latest news and guidance and working very closely with the other pharmacists and pharmacy technicians within our large team. I have learnt so much as a Medicines Optimisation Pharmacist and there's always someone within the team who knows the answer if you don't. We utilise Microsoft Teams so that even whilst we are working from home, we are able to stay in touch via daily video calls and easily share resources. There's a fantastic work-life balance too. MLCSU has been a great organisation to work for and I highly recommend it.

Pros

Stimulating and enjoyable work as part of a great team

Caring and supportive of their staff from the top, to the bottom

I started working for Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit, on a fixed term contract covering 12 months maternity leave. Within 3 months of working for the organisation I knew I didn't want to leave, I worked hard, and was offered a permanent contract. The day to day is exciting, busy (but manageable - if it wasn't I know support would be right at hand) I've honestly never worked for an organisation that cares about its staff like MLCSU do, like really cares...Lots of organisations have a culture and values they rave about, but MLCSU mean what they say, and I feel like I matter. Flexible working, supportive management, lovely culture are just a few of the things that make my day to day, a pleasure.

Pros

Flexible working, genorous salary, great culture

Cons

Great team of people, good job role

Very interesting job with the team from the Liverpool and Bootle offices. Management friendly and interested in what you are doing, will always help out if under pressure. I was there to support sick leave but would highly recommend working with them, i was sorry to leave.

Don't go via the in-house agency...

The team I worked with at CHC were fantastic and extremely supportive and would work with them again if I hadn't left the area. I came through via the in-house recruitment agency and constantly encountered problems. I would recommend the workplace but definitely not the recruitment agency. Very poor organisation, very little support and the team did not respond to queries or clarification. As a result, I was not paid correctly. When I left, I received no acknowledgement from the agency in spite of sending several emails, no payslips and a delay in sending my P45 (resulting in being paid incorrectly in next position) as they did not terminate my contract. In spite of being asked to several times. I was not the only employee who came in by this method who experienced issues.

Pros

Great team, supportive and understanding. Work was always available

Cons

Very badly organised by in-house recruitment agency

Productive and fun work place

Good organisation to work for with plenty of work . Ongoing structural changes make it an exciting organisation to work for. Plenty of training opportunities provided if anyone wished to progress further

Pros

Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Long hours occasionally

Driven, innovative and considerate

I joined MLCSU in March 2016 as a temporary worker and worked within the Bespoke Interpreting Language and Communication Services team (BILCS). BILCS for me acts as a perfect metaphor for what MLCSU stands for and stands to deliver - a thought-provoking, outside-the-box, considerate and exceptional service. Whilst situated within MLCSU, BILCS staff have had the opportunity to thrive as we have close access to peers from various other departments with which to collaborate with and learn from.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

West Bromwich is a run-down area

Day in the life of

Company was a fantastic company to work for. Very supportive and always providing training opportunities. Daily tasks included data analysis of large complex data sets identifying trends and reporting on these to senior management teams. Producing answers to and responding to Freedom of Information requests. Providing system support to users of a new case management system

Finance role

I enjoyed working here and the team were friendly and approachable. Every day was a steep learning curve but I felt supported and valued. I only wish my role would have gone permanent ):

Pros

Team environment

Cons

steep learning curve

Exciting, corporate environment

An exciting corporate, customer focused environment to work in. I have quickly learnt many aspects to medicines commissioning, including managing rebate schemes, commissioning pharmacy services on behalf of NHS England, writing and reviewing PGD's and clinical guidance, contributing to the medicines newsletter, managing cost effective prescribing via scriptswitch for GP surgeries, procuring and managing commissioning software solutions e.g. PharmOutcomes, analysing prescribing data, business cases, financial reports, producing service offers etc. I work autonomously, managing my own time to work towards deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my role is seeing how my work impacts on our CCG customers and to patient care.

Good BI Team

Flexible working hours. Using the latest technologies - Tableau, SQL Server 2016, SharePoint Free parking on site, large supermarket nearby

Good team spirit

I worked with the team for several months. My manager and colleagues were supportive and I enjoyed working with them. I left when my contract ended, but would have no hesitation in returning to work with them again.

Fast paced productive fun worklplace

Review of daily actions to be completed Emails, incoming and outgoing quality control of all correspondence produced by staff in a timely manner 1-2-1 guidance and support learned to meed deadlines in a timely manner with support of extra us of management leadership Interactions with 3rd party suppliers and other departments Coaching and training to a high level with feedback Excellent team to work with Hardest part of the job would be disciplinary meetings Every day was as enjoyable as the last

Pros

eLearning courses and management support with progression

Cons

Longer hours on some days without notice

No leadership, no development, organisation does not care about its staff.

I have worked for this organisation for 3 years and have not set any objectives or personal development reviews. I do not meet with my line manager regularly or been offered any training or development. The staff retention is extremely poor as the organisation do not care about their staff at all. The team haven't had a manager for a year as he has been on sick leave which has really had an impact to our motivation and work ethic. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

long hours, no training, no development, do not feel valued, no support or guidance, no training or development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4