NHS Professionals (Bank)
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

NHS Professionals (Bank) Employee Reviews

If you want garunteed hours, then this is not the job for you. However, saying that the work itself is not bad at all. Management/supervisors are not always very supportive and there are some hurdles you have to get over at the start of the job before you can become a full bank member (training, health checks, DBS, etc) which can be really stressful if you're not given the assistance you need but a lot of the people you're likely to work with on a daily basis are lovely! A good job for picking up some extra money here and there but not if you're looking consistent, garunteed hours every week!
Pros
Fair pay, especially at weekends. Easy job to pick up if no previous cleaning experience
Cons
No garunteed hours. Won't always get support from management.
This was a good experience. The booking of shifts was very easy and the system was easy to use and learn. Team leaders were always available if required.
Pros
Bank role
Cons
Shifts could change quickly
Horrible management. If they don’t like you they will push you out. Did not enjoy my shifts. Not helped if needed help. Do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Bad hours and management
Great to work for plenty of work if you want it. Always helpful if you ever get through on the phone., but once you do they are very helpful. They listen to you if you have concerns about your placement.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Getting through on the phone to them
This is a shocking organization applied in December for the above role, to help in the pandemic and only just found out not needed , didn't get paid for training that took 15 hours
Pros
Awful communication or lack of it
Terrible place to work. Domestic Staff were all great but management and supervisor were constantly argument ready and will pick at anything. The supervisor I had to deal with thought she was something special. Working at the hospital was stressful and having a inside view of what it’s like to work here was upsetting. I’ve never been on the receiving end of such disrespect from professionals previously. They look down on you and purposely stand in your way.
Pros
Can pick up shifts on my terms
Cons
Excellent as you can choose choose your own hours, enhancements for weekend and nights, plenty of shifts to choose from and half shifts if you choose to do enhanced care 1 to 1
I found work after being made redundant through NHS P on a 6 month contract. I am glad to have had the work however the NHS P system as a whole needs a total rethink. They should be emulating themselves on a private recruitment agency of which I have worked for two before and were ten times more efficient. By far the biggest problem has been the timesheets system, lack of communication, moving payments dates on bank holidays so that payments were shorter because payments had to be made just one day earlier. This NEVER happened when I worked temporarily through private sector agencies. It is effectively penalising NHS P staff and I would never recommend working through this system as your main source of pay. So for the very last week I work for NHS P I will not be getting paid, told different information by different staff and ultimately the team at Head Office gave the 'it's not our fault' attitude despite telling me I would be paid previously.
Bullying culture Do not follow equality act No room for progression Unfair pay scale Micro managed Senior managers have total disregard for the placement officers No communication Treated like a number
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Too many to list
Shift start times vary per my choice, this makes the work flexible for many professionals with other responsibilities. Many updates on systems and learning through research help to keep you motivated and up to date.No line manager which for me is fine but for many they could feel quite isolated. A 'community hub' on line is the only available source of general contact, however Team Leaders are always available for advice if need and are super supportive.The hardest part of the job was the initial training as there is absolutely to human contact, all on line and took months because of system errors not recognising training had been completed - the most frustrating and unprofessional start to a job. However now finally on board I love it!
Pros
flexible hours working form home
Cons
Minimal team member contact
I always feel that my work is well done, and appreciated, and my manager brings the best out in me . Meet some great work colleagues, helpfull ,understanding can't do enough to help you fit in ,team players, professional, happy work place .
Pros
Work in team environment
Cons
Hard at work at time's working on the front line
Easy to book shifts when you are available good rates of pay ( weekly)Various areas of work makes it interesting and able to develop more caring skills
Pros
Flexible
Cons
I would have liked to have had more work but as the hours worked reasonably I was content. I would have liked to have worked in other areas to understand the running of the hospital. Knowledge of this would always be helpful.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
More choice and insight into other connected departments
Productive and fun place to work with the advantage of learning something new every shift And the staff really show support in letting you learn something
Great for nurses to have flexibility but as ever NHS nursing underpaid and appreciated. I used this job to pick up extra hours from my permanent job in the hospital.
Good work but no opportunity to progress. My other qualifications not made use of,Very hard to book training and why I left.Booking shifts easy, sometimes had to travel far for work.
Pros
easy booking
Cons
training very hard to obtain
Enjoyed to work here. More support and proud to work for this company. Staff being treated by respect and dignity. Equal treatment for all. I will recommend this company. Very friendly manegerial staff
Pros
Good training and support
Cons
After doing all was asked, paperwork all handed in i started my job. It was going alright until i was pestered for vaccinations, if they cared to read my paperwork they would have found out i had, had them. Then it was the online courses, if i didn't do them i was told i would not get a start date, i had already started. If your manager at wherever you are working didn't put your hours on the Nhs professionals site you would not get paid. So most of the time you had to tell your manager your hours worked which i think is rediculous in this day and age.
Pros
Free cakes, sweets, tea, coffee, crisps.
Cons
Not paid on time.
Poor communication unprofessional trust not equipped with laptop for bank poor handover I left as it was a unsafe for bank workers, I didn’t feel supported
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
I thoroughly enjoyed the variety working on different wards and with different types of people. There was usually lots of support from co-workers. Ki
Pros
Always lots of available shifts and usually great people to work with
Cons
No cons really once struggled to get a shift signed off. It took 3 months?
It's a good system... Most wards are rude to you when you are new which is standard practice in this field Pay is good. Competitive to get shifts especially at weekends NHSp are extremely political and sometimes far too black and white
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Politics