NHS Professionals (Bank)
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

NHS Professionals (Bank) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom357 reviews

Flexible shifts to choose from

Suit yourself when and where you work.Each shift is different, and can be very busy but being able to care for others is very rewarding.I have personally not had any issues with NHSP and receiving pay each week on time, although, at times, it can be very frustrating getting wards you have worked on to authorise the shifts you have worked before the deadlines.

Loved my placement

Loved working for the NHS downfall is you can never get in touch with them they never answer the phone NHS Professionals they take the micky trust me

Insights into NHS Professionals (Bank)

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Don’t do it

Very poor training from the start …. Put me off very little support was a high turn over if staff and they wondered why ! Poor management steer clear unless you like chaos !

Lovely flexible working environment.

Great work with the desired flexibility and excellent enhanced pay rates. Free uniform and excellent training package all free. Really great place to work as the staff are very friendly.

OKay

close knit - but professional, not too stressful, career progression if only you put in the work. if looking for a fast paced environment then not the place to be

Good job with decent pay

Good and flexible for if you’re a student, you can pick any hours you want and there’s always some work going. Lots of shift variety as well. Left to your own devices a lot.

Good work live balance

Very flexible great for a good work life balance but can feel isolated and unsupported at times positives do out weigh the negatives from other care positions available

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Weekly pay

I’ve really enjoyed working through NHSP

Lots of flexibility in this bank position. Mandatory training takes a fair amount of time with no remuneration .Great teamwork on location - new skills learned with lots of support from the clinical team

Pros

Lunch provided

Cons

In paid breaks

Productive industries and a fun environment to achieve your desire dream.

Getting into NHS professional was just a dream come true. The flexibility is Awesome take control of my life always happy when I’m on my shift. Taking this privilege to meet my special patients who are also appreciative.

Not very organised

I worked as a clinical caseworker for the COVID 19 response and it wasn’t the best. Shifts were a fight and I didn’t get many shifts. When I did the pay was good.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Lack of shifts at time

Fun

Very good job I enjoyed very much. Sad to go and leave my colleagues behind. Well managed and no complaints. Fun but fast paced and kept me on my toes.

A good back up job

I’ve done this role for almost 10 years, both full time and ad hoc. You must do 1 shift every 6 months to stay registered, and it’s completely your choice when and where you work. You log on to their system and pick a shift you want. As it’s bank work in healthcare, you are NEVER EVER short of work. This is never a concern. It’s a great back up job to have - if you stay on their books, no matter if you do this as your main or just a side job, it’s a comfort to have this to fall back on anytime. The pay is ok - it varies according to the shift you pick. You can’t fault the work life a balance and the autonomy. However, support is… difficult. The call centre (open 24/7) is very helpful. But if you have any issues they are unable to deal with… well, good luck. Getting a response from anyone is like getting blood out of a stone. Prepare to nag. Prepare for lots of fluff and faff. And as you’re not a substantive member of staff, support from the hospital you pick shifts up is limited too. If you’re having issues with the hospital itself… I’d just give up, personally, unless it’s over pay or something.. prepare for a lot of problem solving, because if you have any, you’ll be the only one who is bothered enough to try and sort it out. The plus side is that if a department is horrible, you never have to work there again. Your schedule is completely yours to control.Ultimately, this is a ok job. There’s a reason I’ve stayed so long. There are good wards out there - you just have to find them and stick to them. If you’re self motivated and a problem solver - you’ll be fine.

Pros

Complete flexibility in your schedule Holidays and pension despite 0 hours contract

Cons

Management (or lack thereof) No progression

Good

Yea it was alright but wouldn’t bother really bit rubbish nhs management badp no one cares sloped shoulders and so lazy anyone can do what they want and he protect

Supportive place to work

Great team to work for. Supportive management always on hand to assist if needed. Good work/life balance and flexibility. Shifts always available. Good company to work for

Flexibility around shifts, online app to book and cancel shifts. Choose holidays when suits. Often have incentives. Overall good company to work for.

Pros

Choose own shifts

Cons

Sometimes the app runs slow

Amazing if you want flexible work.

NHS professionals bank offers you the opportunity to work as and when you choose to. There is always a wide range of shifts avalible everyday, starting at all different times.I have young children and a partner who works full time so I pick up shift to work around them. The weekend shifts you do get paid considerably more. This is well suited to me when working around my family. Flexible working patterners are the way forward. I am a health care assistant so I pick up shifts across 3 hospitals on all different wards. Shifts that need filling, maybe due to illness or maternity of the permanent health care assistant or many even capacity has increased so they need the extra help. We pick up the shifts. The staff on the wards are very grateful for you picking up the shifts.It can be a very rewarding job and each day is different that be if you choose to work everyday. I know some members who work a few nights a week. Others just work the weekend. Some people work all week. You can work whenever you want at many different start times with many different shifts. Your holidays are automatically calculated. You can see the hours adding up everytime you work a shift. This always makes me feel positive.You only have to work 1 shift in 6 months to stay on the bank. Many have full time jobs in their chosen hospital and pick up bank shifts along side. I work solely for the bank as there are plenty of shifts to be picked up everyday. I love working for the NHSP bank. I can not fault them. There online bank system where you book your shifts is amazing too. Best out of -

Stressful, overworked and underpaid environment

Overworked and underpaid, workload changed drastically throughout lockdown and the pay did not reflect this, the expectations are awful for minimum wage.

Very poor locum agency

Very poor leadership and little management shown by NHSP. Don't really answer the phone or respond properly to emails. Too many sub-organisations and subcontractors and no ownership of issues by highly paid directors. Often have had to escalate really simple queries to get any response.

Never give chances to grow and face new challenges

Doesn't care about old staff, happy to employee external to fill the post, instead of giving opportunity to internal.To be honest promise one thing and do another when it comes to reality.

Long process to apply, lots of online training and hardly any work.

I had work for a couple of months working. To get there was a long process from start to finish. When that project finished, I’ve haven’t heard from them. I can’t get to talk to anyone and if you want to go for another vacancy on their site you have to reapply from the beginning and go through the whole process again.A lot of online training and only a couple of months work

Cons

Sometimes travelling is a long distance to get a shift.

Very flexible

Very flexible role with lots of support. Contact centre staff are always available to assist if you’re in need of help. Great for a work/life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NHS Professionals (Bank). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS Professionals (Bank) with

• NHS Professionals (Bank)