NHS Professionals
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

NHS Professionals Employee Reviews

United Kingdom387 reviews

nhwardbankshiftroleorganisationhospitalcolleague

Good wrking environment. Placed depending on skills ability and experience

My night rate of pay is good compared to day pay. Days can be very busy yet the pay is very low. Overally I enjoy and love my job.Most placements I have been have been very supportive. Worcestershire staff responds to problems and queries promptly.

Pros

Good night rate

Cons

Low day rate

14 September 2022
Hi there, thank you for leaving us your review. It's great to hear that you enjoy and love your job! The rates of pay are set by the Trusts' against the current NHS Banding guidelines. Keep your eyes out for those weekend or enhanced shifts! Hope this helps - Your NHSP Team

very helpful

NHSP pay well and have plenty of work in the city areas. They also offer a pension scheme, which can supplement your regular pension. Helpful staff, mostly, and deal with any issues tactfully and quickly.

8 September 2022
Hello, thank you for your lovely feedback. We really appreciate it. I am really pleased to hear of your experience and journey with us. It is always fab to receive positive feedback from our bank members. I am glad we was able to offer work in different areas and we resolved your issues quickly and efficiently. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Your NHSP Team.

Insights into NHS Professionals

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Good

Haven’t started working yet but when I do will be happy to write an honest review I’m pretty sure it will be a good company to work for regarding flexibility.

6 September 2022
Hello, thank you for your feedback. Congrats and well done for the new role. I am hopeful we can provide you with the flexibility to suit your convenience. Please do get in touch with another review to let us know of your experience. Many Thanks! Your NHSP Team.

Flexible

I like the flexibility of choosing when to work. I can go on holidays anytime which is great. The cons is u may not work at the ward u booked due to staffing issues in the hospital. Hardly any training CPD is provided

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay

6 September 2022
Hello, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. I am pleased to hear we provide you with flexibility and you're able to book annual leave according to suit your needs. Please can you use the following link to provide us with more details in regards to training. We will do our best to provide you with all the information you need. https://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/en/campaigns/support-and-feedback.This enables us to investigate further and resolve any queries and concerns directly with you. Thank you for your time, we look forward to hearing from you. Your NHSP Team.

Friendly Working Place

The managers here are very nice and the flexibility of work pattern is appreciated. The training provided is adequate for us to handle the job. The wage can be received on time.

Fast paced and Flexibility

The job is flexible to fit around other commitments.You must be hardworking and ready to be on your feet for long hours..It pays good for the role and you get a lot of training while working there.Weekly pay and you accumulate holiday hours as you work.

1 September 2022
Hello, thank you for your lovely feedback. We really appreciate it. I am really pleased to hear your experience and journey with us is positive and we are able to provide flexibility to suit your convenience. We do our best to provide the best for our bank members and will always provide support. Once again, many thanks for letting us know. Your NHSP Team.

Extremely difficult to get in touch with HR

It's a bank work but you get a warning and (dismissal process) if you cancel your shift 12 hours before your shift starts. If you don't have the nhs log-in access and training to use other data bases then difficult to get further shifts in other hospitals. If you have HR-related questions then you get passed around without getting anywhere. (No direct number to speak to HR) The main nhsp advisors are excellent but they can't answer most of the inquiries and tell you to ring the local NHSP number. But no one answers that number. I think they probably need more time to establish themselves. Pay is nmw for band 2 which doesn't reflect the hard work and pressure you face in wards. No time to take a break but no pay for break times.

Cons

Everything that's mentioned.

Great flexible work

I loved working for NHSP, super flexible while still getting regular work and feeling like part of ward Lovely patients, HR are always very helpful, holiday pay accrued with hours you do

Pros

flexible

Cons

poor nhs pay

1 September 2022
Hello, thank you for your lovely feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and the hours were flexible and convenient for you. I am glad to hear you worked regular shifts and you felt part of the team. Once again, many thanks! Your NHSP Team.

It's ok, get to meet new people

Get to meet new people, move around and pick your own shifts. However you need to be mindful that extra shifts are put out on popular Wards (wards that treat you nicely and are greatful ) for them to move you to Wards which are not so popular

10 August 2022
Hello there, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Glad to hear the job allows you to meet new people and it also provides you flexibility to choose your own shifts. We appreciate all feedbacks as it supports us to improve the services we provide. Once again, thanks for letting us know. Your NHSP Team.

Great work

Friendly people and easily assisted. The job was fairly clear to do. A bit of a long waiting time to get into it, however great job! They gave me all the support and training I required.

8 August 2022
Hello there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and your feedback, we really appreciate it. It is so great to hear how you have been supported on your journey so far with us, we love getting feedback for our colleagues! Thanks again, your NHSP Team.

Rewarding but rough experience

Long hours lots of learning standing up ling periods. Mixing with public alit having to be patient but got qualufied in the end lots of departments to go through in training lots of exams good library to look at goid experience to work for nhs

Pros

Half price

Cons

Sometimes went over

5 August 2022
Hello there, thank you for leaving your feedback. We really appreciate it. Well done and congratulations on getting qualified. We appreciate any feedback as it supports us to improve our service and to support all our bank members. Once again, many thanks. Your NHSP Team.

Appalling Treatment and Staff

I Hated every last minute of working with NHSProf, sent me no bank work, staff have no respect and having staff with training that they can't use ant

Pros

Cons

Long hrs, low pay, mean staff

2 August 2022
Hello there, we are sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us so far - thank you for taking the time to let us know. To help us get a better understanding of your concerns, we would be grateful if you could provide further details using our official NHS Professionals feedback form (https://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/en/campaigns/support-and-feedback). This enables us to investigate further and resolve any concerns directly with you. Thank you for your time, we look forward to hearing from you. NHSP Team.

Friendly and productive environment

Working with NHS has really changed my life and I sincerely appreciate my type there. I was able to grow in my office and generally life space.. learnt a lot in my short period. The pay is fair and it never comes late😊.

Great

Really easy to use and navigate the system, helpful team and staff, pay is great. Love working in my local hospital and being able to book shifts with ease

Pros

Pay

Cons

Takes time to set up

2 August 2022
Hello there, thanks you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It's always great to hear when our colleagues have been amazing at their jobs! I am pleased to hear your experience has been positive with us. Thank you again for letting us know and welcome to the team. Your NHSP Team.

Loved my placement

Loved working for the NHS downfall is you can never get in touch with them they never answer the phone NHS Professionals they take the micky trust me

Flexible shifts to choose from

Suit yourself when and where you work.Each shift is different, and can be very busy but being able to care for others is very rewarding.I have personally not had any issues with NHSP and receiving pay each week on time, although, at times, it can be very frustrating getting wards you have worked on to authorise the shifts you have worked before the deadlines.

Don’t do it

Very poor training from the start …. Put me off very little support was a high turn over if staff and they wondered why ! Poor management steer clear unless you like chaos !

Lovely flexible working environment.

Great work with the desired flexibility and excellent enhanced pay rates. Free uniform and excellent training package all free. Really great place to work as the staff are very friendly.

OKay

close knit - but professional, not too stressful, career progression if only you put in the work. if looking for a fast paced environment then not the place to be

Good job with decent pay

Good and flexible for if you’re a student, you can pick any hours you want and there’s always some work going. Lots of shift variety as well. Left to your own devices a lot.

Good work live balance

Very flexible great for a good work life balance but can feel isolated and unsupported at times positives do out weigh the negatives from other care positions available

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Weekly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NHS Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare NHS Professionals with

Learn about NHS Professionals in popular locations

• NHS Professionals
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?