NHS

NHS Employee Reviews

Found 2,966 reviews matching the search
The Nhs as hospitals are shocking. Especially the admin side of it. The managers don’t care, all they do it put you down and talk about you behind your back. Now on the other hand you have DHU that is a part of the NHS and I have never seen a better company, that wants to put all there staff though training and getting them qualifications to get them pay rises. The pay is awesome and the support from all the staff is out standing.
Overall the NHS is a good place to work however there is a lot of snobbery. Take it or leave it I suppose it’s a middle class profession. A lot of bullying and backstabbing you got to be ready for it.
Pros
Good money good pension
Cons
The culture
Do not work for the NHS unless you are happy to be a nomadic worker as, you will.be underpaid, and cronyism is rife, so you wont get on unless your face fits.
Pros
Great pension scheme
Cons
Poor management
until staff employed in the nhs realise they !!!!! are there for the wellbeing of all the patients abd to be professional civilised yo all !!!!!!!!!! staff ! not just those from theur villave ,country etc then the nhs is not a pkace i will stay long in,tvey stress fromthe staff far outweighs that of a mentally illhumanbeing
I started working as a bank nursing assistant all over the hospital. Although it has been stressful at the beginning, I was supported by the staff on the wards and soon I was ready to handle the workload.The money is not great, but it's better than similar jobs in the care sector. Plus there are more benefits and enhancements for the weekends and bank holidays.I would recommend a job in the NHS to anyone.
Pros
Supportive environment and professional development
Cons
The wages could be better
As a qualified nurse I would not recommend working for the NHS you will not get any support from management which is top heavy still working in the 1950’s . Poor working conditions, overworked and underpaid, go private better all round.
Pros
Cons
Management will not support you, poor pay, over worked.
I enjoy my work and the flexibility of my job I work in all areas of the hospital and find the staff helpful and friendly, I feel I am giving something back to the team who work tirelessly with devotion , my management team are very helpful and supportive I have found that being the new man in my team it is very difficult to break through with my work colleague I think more flexibility in the way we are integrated is required to over come , peoples prejudices, this has been a problem for the last 12 months but I just do mt job 🙃
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
The role was advertised incorrectly and I was hired thinking it was a completely different IT role. Management was not an IT manager and he did not know what he needed. I was expected to support systems without access to any servers and I didn’t have the knowledge to do this. Which I made clear to management. This turned ugly very quick and I found work elsewhere.
Pros
Very good wage
Cons
Couldn’t do any work
I work as an Emergency Medical Dispatcher so calls are varied and many, close knit group of people with support and consideration. Team collaboration and support effectively given and offered.
Pros
Shift patterns and overtime when needed
Cons
Offices need updating
Felt let down as waited ten days for job start as kept changing date then done 2 days then told you don’t have a job as nhs had changed its mind about site !!!
Unfortunately there is quite a lot of bullying in the NHS - not given autonomy and limited chance to progress unless your face fits. Blame culture is very prevalent - keep everything because someone is always willing to blame you for their mistakes!
Pros
Jobs quite secure
Cons
Poor pension if you join over 50
Constant training, not enough time to recover during calls especially distressing ones, not enough colleagues to take calls during the night and days get more communication
Pros
Get to help people
Cons
NHS good team work and cooperative work people , positive working culture for extremely hard working people , all porters we’re continually busy all day delivering nhs supplies all nhs staff friendly and helpful everyone helping eaxh other
Pros
Excellent team work
Cons
Long hours busy
good pay, nice colleagues, but you’re not told how to do anything. left after a month. managers are amazing though, very supportive and understanding
Pros
friendly staff and good pay
Cons
long hours and rude nurses
Very fast paced busy environment.Working under pressure on a daily basis.Job satisfaction when you feel you have given your patient a good experience.Friendly supportive work environment.Supportive and approachable management.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
No breaks
Worked as an administrator in Amersham, complaints dept, and Mental Health in High Wycombe. While at Amersham I asked on my second day about about taking calls. I was told I was not allowed to answer the phones as it's not in my remit. Complaint cases were often whispered about so you could not hear, yet that was the dept I was to work in. Went in one day and was sent home as they did not have time to train me. They often discussed surgeons derogatively. Management never came out of their office. The mental health dept in my first week they all told me they were looking for new jobs. I went on a course how to use the system but by the end of the week with all the negative comments from people I would be working with I left. If you have a brain it will be wasted. It is a stale, antiquated instituiton. The tree needs shaking from the top to the roots.
Pros
5 weeks hols
Cons
pay scale they go for lowest, provide your own tea or coffee
Loved the job and all aspects of it . Unfortunately there is an element of ongoing bullying which is known and accepted by the management. Also the fence posts were continually being moved.
Pros
Friendly environment, and team work . The pension was very good
Cons
Abysmal hourly rate with little appreciation from partners
I have seen good team work but also managers were disorganised, It was very busy work pace. Admin staff are not treated fairly with respect as they deserve, instead they have been undermined and not been cared for.
Pros
parking
Cons
low income
Day to day challenges as expected. Main issues are a result of poor management from the top down. Be wary of the occasional bullies but truthfully speaking, the same work politics apply wherever you go.
Really good to work for, amazing staff and brilliant pay. Very good work experience for working within the Nhs and working your way up to become a hca
Under paid over worked and unappreciated.my feelings are not alone. Staff moral low as management dont listen to the problems or fo anything about them.
Pros
Friendly company from team
Cons
20 min lunch break on 12 hour shifts
  1. Employee reviews