NHS

NHS Employee Reviews

Stable

Fine for the most part. Good to work for such a big company. Made a lot of friends and I liked the sense of working together, you feel part of something.

Pros

Secure

Cons

Overworked understaffed

Worst job ever .NHS Destroys career prospects

Do you want your career to nosedive and to be part of a death cult ? - join the NHSDo you enjoy being victimised whilst wondering why you made such an error ? - join the NHSDo you enjoy watching nepetism work its magic as you struggle to impress however hard you try ? - then join the NHS ..Are you a skilled individual who has a strong work ethic and enjoys the ability to progress based upon a job well done ? - avoid working for the NHS at all costs

No prospects here

Very little honesty during the interview process, they really need to tell people what the job entails. Poor pay for the responsibility. No promotion hence high turnover of staff. When you look at the job advert lowest rate is what you get no matter skills or experience.

Pros

A few decent people work here

Cons

Pay structure

Good start for experience

A good experience working for the nhs, they provide good training and a base to develop further whether it is in the private sector or within the nhs.

Great institution to work for

The NHS is the best company I have ever worked for.Support from management, good sense of belonging. Team work was always good.Good work/life balance.

Good job security

Good place to work. Great job security and great benefits, you can find NHS discount on just about anything. Room for improvement and training available if needed.

Pros

The people, job security, benefits

Cons

Short breaks

Empresa dinamica

Um bom lugar para trabalharPode se subir de cargo muito falecimente

Wonderful company

I loved working for the nhs and was very proud to be part of the nhs family, I had job security and always opportunity to move forward and advance if I wanted to.

a good system

The hospital I work it does things right, the staff are helpful and the care provided is at a good standard. As an agency staff member I always feel nervous going into a new ward but so far I have only positive experiences

Pros

great staff

Productive and fun experience

Everyday is a learning experience for me, IT Department has always been a catalyst for change and it has made me adept to make my goal to focus more in helping our our IT Director

Espectacular

Turnos de 12 horas por 3 días la semana. Si quiere trabajar más cada día te pagan como 300£. Lo recomiendo mucho

Ambiente de trabajo en equipo muy positivo y buen ambiente de trabajo.

Es una organización que te da la opción de trabajar independientemente o en equipo. Trabajar allí te ofrece una serie de ventajas a nivel profesional muy buenas pero tienes que estar acostumbrada a trabajar bajo presión y sin mucha supervision.

Pros

El horario y los servicios que ofrecen a los empleados

Cons

Algunas veces no hay mucho tiempo para dedicar a algunos problemas administrativod

Service Adminstrator

Great colleagues, generous holidays are the pros. Managers are a hit or a miss with some very supportive and others less so, especially around areas of childcare or being a carer. Lots of stress and lack of cover provided if staff are off work. Finance dictates all staffing decisions.

its ok

Was my first job and it paid well. good first experience, on the job training was great during my time there, I enjoyed my time there a lot. promotions are guaranteed but it does take a while.

Pros

great work employes

Cons

breaks are short

Ambiente lavorativo stimolante

AAU (Acute Assessment Unit), il reparto nel quale presi servizio è un distaccamento del pronto soccorso che si occupa dei casi medici acuti che vi si presentano, al fine della stabilizzazione clinica del paziente in vista di un trasferimento nelle aree di degenza o di una dimissione rapida, che dovrebbe sempre avvenire nell'arco di 48 ore, portando ad un ricambio di utenza vasto e continuo. Il reparto è inoltre munito di un Day Hospital (Ambulatory) nel quale si svolgono attività di follow up dei pazienti dimessi precedentemente o di trattamento di casi minori che i medici di base del territorio riferiscono all'ambulatorio attraverso "referals".

Pros

Flessibilità sui turni, 250+ ore di ferie

Cons

Mancanza di personale

La mejor relación vida privada/laboral

Aunque los salarios administrativos en la NHS son bajos comparados con compañías privadas, los beneficios para la vida personal son muchos. En mi departamento hay un ambiente muy bueno de colaboración y de apoyarnos unos a otros. He tenido siempre jefes excelentes que me han escuchado si me hacía falta por ejemplo cambiar mis horas de trabajo. También es fácil trabajar desde casa o trabajar horario flexible. Mi departamento esta en unas oficinas céntricas, no en un hospital, así que no tenemos trato con pacientes, pero sí con medicos. La gran mayoría son respetuosos y cordiales.

Pros

Flexibilidad horaria y buen ambiente

Cons

Salario

Great Place to Work

Great culture across the NHS. Big challenges but big beliefs. Good job security and advancement opportunities available as required due to the size of the organisation.

I loved working for the NHS

I worked as an office clerical for 2 and a half years, some times working on scanner, some times on paper work or phone and admin. I learned a lot about how the health service works behind the scenes. My managers where amazing people that I really appreciated. The hardest part of the job was the monotony but the people I worked with and the fact that I was actually helping patients made it a great experience.

Pros

discount in shops

Cons

the huge amount of stairs

Excelente

NHS, es el sistema de sanidad público en Inglaterra, donde ofrecen unas condiciones laborales extraordinarias. Respetando los principios básicos en un sistema sanitario, ofreciendo los mejores cuidados a los pacientes y pensando siempre en seguir mejorando. Se realizan turnos de 12 horas y media lo que te permite compaginar tu vida laboral con la personal con mucha facilidad.

Being a doctor is hard - who knew?

The work is very challenging (intellectually and emotionally) and the rotas are physically punishing - but the biggest issue is rota gaps. They're simply not filled. The job would be difficult if 5 people were doing the work of 5, but when only 4 are hired into the team, and one inevitably goes off on sick leave with stress, it's untenable. I changed career. I don't know how anyone else manages it.

Good to work for but regulations and budgets reduce improvement

The NHS is a good place to work for, staff are friendly, patients are as expected, a mixed group with some being aggressive and others being fine. staff are courteous and you always felt part of a team no matter if you were medical staff or front of house. If you were willing to learn you could advance as positions became available regularly.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

low pay

3.1Job security/advancement