NHS

NHS Employee Reviews

Found 2,994 reviews matching the search
Nhs has good benefits & promotion options.I just need a change in the area I'm working in.Community hospital have free parking which is really good.
I wouldn't work for this trust again if I could help it.Management have no compassion and are extremely rude and sarcastic sometimes. No money for the things which are actually needed. Issues don't get resolved. Pay rubbish and the expect you to do overtime every time you're asked.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Too many
Great place to work,can get very upsetting,ie children passing away, distrought parents,sibling etc.the job I felt had a short time short career pathway.
Pros
Meeting special children.
Cons
Nights.
While your colleagues will be supportive, management is poor. There is no wellbeing support and no follow ups if raise concerns. Pay is bad for the workload and you would receive some form of verbal abuse daily.However, the pension is good and some discounts that you can get.
Pros
Pension, discounts
Cons
Verbal abuse, poor pay and does not reflect workload
I'd work there again but the pay is not the best.They were very good at letting me get on with the work and work unsupervised. I prioritised my work and managed my time and activities. They were very good about that and trusted me to get the work done well.
Extremely chaotic, to many want to back stab you, and climb to the top over you, a bullying culture, if you show you have half a brain they don’t like it, not a good place to work,
Pros
Nine
Cons
Had such high hopes for this role but decided to leave in just under a year. Worst management set up I’ve ever encountered, another company where it’s who you know not what you know that matters. No development, no support, no team morale.
Pros
I left
Cons
I think that they should reduce management and concentrate on the front line staff. Very management led and treat others badly. A lot of the managers do hours to suit themselves and the workers below receive very little.
Cons
I really love to work within NHS. I work as Call Agent /Administration 119 Test & Trace and my contract is a temporary contract. I am really enjoying the job
Money is rubbish for what we have to do. Management is poor in the NHS bad decisions are made and money is spent unwisely.Stressful environment and abuse is hurled towards us all the time.
Pros
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay bad management money wastage
Job was ok as you work alone all day but the management wasn't very good,they didn't really understand what you went through while you were out but were quick to pull you up if something went wrong.
Pros
Not office work
Cons
Shift times are a bit odd
One of the most enjoyable jobs I've had in over 40 years!!!Kind and helpful colleagues.Great upbeat working environment. Management are very supportiveNever a dull moment!
Pros
Kind and friendly colleagues with a great sense of humour!
Cons
A toxic and faceless cooperation. Staff treated as numbers, minimal opportunities to evolve and progress in the trust I was in previously.Poor management with clinical skills and no management. Support throughout COVID was poor no investment in staff well-being.Randomised shifts including nights and weekends being top heavy therefore leave you with a poor work life balance.I wouldn’t work for the nhs again. It’s slowly being privatised over the 15 years I was in and it’s becoming very poor. Patient care and safety is often compromised due to lack of investment and staffing. Many nurses changing careers due to stress and contestant increasing pressures.
Pros
Annual leave entitlement, pension
Cons
Management, hours and progression
I am lucky enough to work in an excellent team who are really supportive and have a fun atmosphere! The work we do is serious but it’s nice to have some humour in the office to offset the negatives dealing with patients who are seriously ill. Great pay, holiday and colleagues! What more could you want?
The NHS nurtures a culture of mismanagement and promotes idiots and slackers while a strong few do all the real work. Most managers have risen through the ranks by having their incompetence ignored and nurtured by the NHS.
Colleagues become family. We look after each other. Shifts can be emotionally and physically drowning but staff are all looking out for each other. The work it’s self is very rewarding. I take pride in knowing the work I do helps to get patients better
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Long hours, mixed shifts
It’s A Very Stressful Pressurised, Demanding, Environment To Work In, Which Leaves You Exhausted And Mentally Drained Most Days, Poor Pay For The Amount Of Work That’s Expected, One Break A Day!
Pros
Parking On Site
Cons
Unhealthy Working Environment
I have felt fully supported, appreciated and encouraged since day 1. Clear guidance on priorities, processes and true team spirit at all levels within the service. I feel proud and very grateful to work within the NHS.
Pros
Flexible working. Team spirit. Caring. Supportive.
Cons
Honestly can’t think of any in my given role as an admin.
I really enjoyed working at sitel, there have many be benefits such as pay is normally paid on time which is really good! I have also developed many of my communication skills as well as technology skills too as I have been working from home. It’s been a very sensitive and exciting job as you get to talk to many people, and hear many different experiences and give the best possible advice as well as helping them with there questions! All the people around me were very lovely and managers and admins were very good and effective. It is quite flexible as I able to swap shifts with other people in my campaign, which is lovely. We also get paid holidays, so there isn’t much to complain about. Lovely company and a lovely team!
Pros
Amazing team!
Cons
Nothing bad to say!
I enjoyed weighing the babies and monitoring there progress. I also enjoyed finding the files and putting together the information packs together. Also I liked the health visitors
Enjoyed my time with the NHS and I really enjoyed working in the health sector. Did not feel like I was fully supported on the role, however I was the first apprentice in the area.
  1. Employee reviews