Nigel Frank International

Working at Nigel Frank International: Latest Nigel Frank International Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews

hourcompanyjobworkgreatworkingmoneymanager

Stressful, long hours and Lad culture.

The majority of people that work here are your typical "lads". Expected to work long hours, that when reflected to pay is below minimum wage. Gaslighted with high earning potential, which you will only see if you can handle the stress and long hours for at least 2/3 years. Good company benefits like nights out and open bars, work hard, party hard.

Pros

Open bars and nights out

Cons

Stupidly long hours and low pay

I would hate to be looking for a job only to see Nigel Frank listed as the recruitment consultant!

Fairly sure the people interviewing me were badly hungover or coked up to the eyeballs. Reflected in the services provided to people looking for jobs… Very quantity driven and not quality. Many staff would be desperate to get off the phone - especially when they realise they’d phoned the same prospective employee three times and made up some bull. Long hours. Stressful environment. Poor service given to clients (both employees and employers).

Insights into Nigel Frank International

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Can be great, could be a lot better.

Senior management don't actually care about anyone who works there. They complain about productivity when they are the ones slowing everything down and distracting people. My team leader was absolutely amazing same as my immediate manager. Learnt so much from them and despite them being really busy they always found time to help out with any problems. Just a shame that senior management were in no way the same. Sometimes the feel around the office is really positive with everyone joking but still working hard, but can quickly turn stessful when senior managers are in a bad mood or just feel like bullying random people. They expect you to work long hours but don't give you any benefit to doing this. You can do most the job within the core hours and make commission from that, but they still expect you to be getting in at 7:30 every morning and not leaving till 7 at night.

exploiting company

After a 12 hour training period you are required to stay in the office from 8am to 8pm. If you dont get enough call time in you will be humiliated infront of the team. If you are all sales and money, this is a great job fro someone who doesnt mind working weekends, after hours and doing cold calls. It is all about quantity, not quality. Admittely this comes with a recruitment job, but being humiliated at wokr by having to do tasks for the team when not successfull reminds on a cult. Simply wasnt for me.

No Work–life balance

- Long ours and they wanted more (8:00 - 19:00) - Poor micromanagement - Late payments of commision - They buy you with beers, but you just want to be able to go home earlier. - if you stick to your contract hours they will "let you go" - Good working collegues and free fruit.

I enjoyed my time there

Left due to unprofessional atmosphere. Managers getting the juniors to pick up ‘packages’ not work related at all. Most of the staffs drugged up to the eyeball. I am surprised no one mentioned it on the reviews. That was the reason I left, wanted to focus on my career and not be led down the wrong track.

Pros

Promotions were possible

Cons

Too seedy

Fun but alot of pressure

- 8.30am to 7.30/8pm Typical hours - I learned that if you work hard you get the benefits of commission - Management was very supportive but had a lot of pressure of them from above there for we did and it became very stressful - Culture was very loud and laddish, we had sales days where we dressed up as circus acts/ celebrities etc. Very up beat. - The hardest part of the job would be the sales targets and the expectations of our managers as the company is so big we where expected to work very long hours for a very small basic wage. - The most enjoyable part is when I got my commission as it showed how hard I had worked that month/ year. Also when we all got together and had our company presentations each month.

Tough place to work in

Long hours, hard work and tough management. As with many recruitment roles it is difficult work and the company try to provide good incentives but they were far too hard on employees.

If you like a mixed work day, don't do this job

Monotonous and ultimately very dull. From 8:30 in the morning until 17:30 you did the same task. I was told when I left that my work had probably made the company a quarter of a million pounds. I saw zero of it.

Tough job if you're not into recruitment

There are deadlines and quotas to hit daily so going there straight from uni is difficult to adjust to. The pressure is great but it is a great learning curve,

not a good place to work

stay away from this place you have no life once you start working hear I worked there for 5 year and they take you in a meeting room and it bye bye there is a lot of back stabbing when they sit there and smile at your face

Pros

money

Cons

to much back stabbing and thats the management

No real opportunity

Big company, grown extremely fast throughout the years. Good if you just want a years experience in recruitment as their training is okay and they make you smash the phones.

no life work balance

nigel frank don't treat they're employees with respect all you are to them is money making machines that are disposable as soon as you don't make enough money everything that counts for the management are the stupid KPIs you are forced to stay way longer than stated in your contract and encouraged to also work in your breaks on of the catch phrases are work hard play hard but even though the floor made new record we were just told the next time we can do more

Let go with no warning/no sick pay

Long Hours - generally 0830-1730, when travelling from an hour away at minimum wage £7.20, although I was only 19 at the time. I was let go immediately with no previous indication, they stated I'd had too much time off sick when I'd been off for one week with tonsillitis which I'd been hospitalised with. If I'd really cared about the job, I would have certainly argued my case but it just wasn't worth it.

Pros

Good money for being just 19

Cons

Not a secure job

Highly Target Driven

High energy and fast paced. Quite like wolf of wall street, very lively and can get a bit wild when someone has done a deal and deal songs are played. Fun and vibrant office with a young culture - beers are brought in for after core hours on a Friday. Ambitious people can go far but be prepared for working extra hours unpaid. Core hours are 8:30-5:30 but its 8-8 is expected.

Pros

Free drinks on a friday

Cons

Madhouse full of people with serious ego problems

It's a madhouse, enough said. Colleagues you can't trust acting like sharks behind your back, guys just being over their hormonal inner struggles, lunatic managers acting like guards in a concentration camp! Appalling. A sad grotesque place at times. Wrong place to be if you care about respect and if you have a sense of decency. Promotions are dished out depending on how much of a boss-worshipper you are or... well... there are other ways... Word of advice: find a job somewhere else!

Cons

Everything is wrong with this place.

Independent growth

This company has a great culture. Working here allowed me to come out of my shell, become more confident and realise the value that I can add to a process.

perfect for certain individuals

The excellent training, good commission structure and great working environment is outweighed by the embarrassing loud culture, long hours, the poor basic salary and the work load demanded by management.

Well i know the manager....

I know the manager extremely well, he lies and says theres no jobs available so he can have loads of licky bums working for him. He wouldn't know a real sales agent if they danced naked in front of him. I've known him for yeeeeeeeaaars.

Pros

Alright if the manager likes you

Cons

Not so great if the manager pretends to like you

Ok

Ok company to work for. Not much of a work life balance though because of very long hours. Good incentives and commission.

Are you ready to sell your soul

This company usually hires graduates and trains them to work like a machine. You work 11-12 hours a day without breaks. Sometimes you have to work during lunchtime too. That is insane. And managers are yelling constantly if you're not on the phone even if you don't have anyone to call. You have to lie for your candidates and clients too. I do not recommend if you are a human who have own ideas

Pros

Money

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nigel Frank International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nigel Frank International with

Nigel Frank International reviews by location

Learn about Nigel Frank International in popular locations

• Nigel Frank International
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?