Nike

Nike Employee Reviews

I would go back in heart beat they are best place to work for. When I was ill they helped me so much they would let me contact who I need to contact I would recommend up to the sky for this place
Cons
Worked at Nike Store for 3 years. The best part of the job was by far the pay rate and employee discount (44%) but some of the staff and management were horrible. Completely neglect mental health, diversity and individuality, whilst prizing themselves on their blatantly fake moralistic and ethical stances. The company often discarded of perfectly wearable or usable gear, that they’d force you to destroy (although it could have easily been donated to charity). Massive favouritism amongst staff from managers, being really demanding of staff they dislike, bullying them, and often disciplining them for LITERALLY nothing. Managers/co-managers extremely hypocritical with rules and regulations, and also contradicted themselves constantly with tasks given. On the best days, they were AVERAGE at best. And the worst days were horrific. Do not work for this company unless you like competitive and often hostile work environment.
Pros
Pay and discount
Cons
Everything else
Unless you're friends with a manager, you won't get the good perks such as being invited to events by nike & freebies. Toxic locker room work place, if you don't adhere to the 'culture' you are singled out and targeted over pathetic things by management and the wanna-be managers.
Pros
Staff Discount, Events
Cons
Management, Progression
Everyone’s fun to work with and management can be good. The environment is not as great, especially with COVID. No cleaning done on time . Long changing hours mostly late notice. Boring
Pros
Good online discount
Cons
My time at Nike was full of fun and exciting experiences. It's a sports and a lifestyle fashion brand as a business, but as an experience it is way more than that. A rewarding experience to say the least.
Pros
employee discount, fun environment, like minded work colleagues
Cons
too competitive to grow within the company, too many rules
Current employee at Nike and believe it is an excellent role, definitely the best company I have ever worked for. Every member of staff is so nice and easy to get along with. The management team are so supportive and friendly. The managers really push you to reach the goals of every hour which I really love as it motivates me so much!! The role is often very fast paced and stressful but is definitely worth it. The visual merchandising and opportunity to work so close with customers is great. The pay is great for younger employees (still in education or just graduated) and the future opportunities are there. It is a great stepping stone into your future. And without a doubt the employee discount is also great!! I could honestly not recommend a better working environment.
Pros
Employee discount, opportunities, working environment, staff and available overtime
Cons
Becoming part of a fun team who where friends both inside and outside of work. Challenging and busy environment to work in but makes the days go faster and always have something to be cracking on with.
Pros
Discounts and becoming part of a fun working team
Cons
Busy shifts in the school holidays and around Christmas
a good place to be, friendly, and good ethical companies. I was involved in Identify customer requirements and provide an excellent service. Achieve store targets by driving sales. Analysed and resolved customer issues. Getting involved with the store product presentation and store campaigns.
Typical day at work would be handling invoices and starting the start of day procedure so all tills are up and running. Hourly review on store financial figures and earnings. Chasing up queries regarding refunds and investigating unconfirmed sales.
Fantastic place to work at, if you working on the floor working with customers it is a great way to build your confidence and comunication skills. work here
Pros
bonuses, self improvement
Cons
...
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nike?
Great employee interaction and great collaboration on seasonal projects and releases. Looking forward to other opportunities that come available. Thank you!
Nike was a great place to work because of the people and the experiences gained in face to face customer service, you only learned how to deliver great customer service to customers but you also gained knowledge about the brand to enable you to deliver on the promised customer service customers wanted.
decent place to work great people, scan stuff, help customers all day then by the end of shift your able to go home it didnt seem to be a complex job at all
Nike Town est magasin incontournable à Londres avec plus de 3 étages et le DJ à l’entrée ont peut que être de bonne humeur en entrant dans se magasin. Il y a une très bonne ambiance et l'équipe est très dynamique et toujours à l’écoute du client. Nous avons aussi beaucoup de travail car c’est un grand magasin et nous travaillons beaucoup aussi après les heures de fermeture surtout en période de fêtes.
Nike expect more of you than other retailers, however i did not believe this was reflected in the salary. Discount was very good and they often give staff good incentives
Starting my day very early in the morning due to the high customer expectation in store. I have learned how to work in within a company full of resources with a strong structure, high qualification of manager roles. The workplace culture is very diverse with even chill vibes, very rarely for me in a retail context, I guess because of the high success of the company. The harder part of the job is the night shift but this is something that I used to do since my beginning as VM. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is to drive Styling workshops to share with them my styling knowledge.
During my experience at Nike i had excellent training and i stayed with the company 19 years . starting in London ,then Belfast and in Glasgow where i live now.
Great place to work, everyone is friendly, the pay is great. Its a great company to work for getting good benefits for working there. Would definitely recommend working with them.
Personally, I enjoyed my time at Nike because I used to be a sportswear enthusiast. Aside from this, at times the working environment was very stressful due to the fact that I worked in the Portsmouth outlet store, so people from various places in England would travel to purchase a few items.
I enjoyed my time working in Nike. They really take care of their employees. Work was always fast-paced and they love energetic people. Management was not always great but it was worth pulling through. The employee discounts are amazing too.
Good place to work, little progression and low salary but would recommend if you are looking for a good working environment and fun job Lots of new skills to learn
  1. Employee reviews