Ningbo Distribution

Ningbo Distribution Employee Reviews

Easy going.

7:30am start, can take up to a few hours to get loaded depending where your truck is in the queue. Finish times can vary between 3-5pm. Usually 2 runs but can be dependant on what area you are going to. Management are great and will help you however they can. Planning can sometimes be a bit fishy on the second run as it’s sometimes the left over jobs thrown together.

Pros

Pay/ same truck every day.

Cons

Sometimes longer days.

Relaxed, easy going place to work

I've been working here for about 5-6 weeks now & I don't really have a bad word to say about the place. I've worked for a couple of palletised delivery companies & this is one of the better ones. Pay is very good, management is good (& I've worked for a few bad ones), there are electronic pump trucks (if you can get your hands on one) but I've been usually a manual one mostly but that doesn't matter because 85% of drops are folklift off anyway. Some days can be harder than others, but you've gotta take the rough with the smooth. E, IG, RM postcodes areas covered, start time 7-7:30am & majority of the time finish between 4-5pm. Choice of weekly or monthly pay.

Pros

Great pay, daily meal allowance, management treat you well, Weekly pay

Cons

Waiting for upto 2 hours in the morning in a queue to be loaded

Lots of favouritism

Purfleet DepotIf you are an English citizen happy days however if you are a foreigner you will have to work HARDOnly english drivers get local RM delivery's and collection, start first and finish first ALL THE TIME!However if you are not an English citizen you will get all E postcodes and worst delivery addresses simple as. Management is terrible!

Pros

Cons

Terrible toilet facilities

Very poor place to work, lack of management

I would not recommend this place unless your willing to work your socks off, the vehicles are terribly maintained fault lights come up and are not rectified in other words you will drive till you breakdown or end up in an accident because something simple like the brakes are worn out and so not effective as they should be etc. The office planning is terrible you will do home deliveries in very tight roads in 18 tonne vehicles one you go in you will be stuck coming out. Some deliveries are concrete floor tiles weighing up to 400kg and will need to be pushed with manual pump truck unless you are a body builder do not attempt to deliver honestly. Planning is the worst one you do your drops you will need to travel 40-50 mins out of your delivery area to do collections when their could be other drivers more closer to them collections. Most days you will finish late and most likely be the last one to get back. Toilet facilities very poor cleaned every 3 days. The management are biased. Lack of leadership control everything is all over the place and is basically relying on hit and hope to survive.

Cons

Poor leadership, planning, management, admin

I have been working for them for a while, good company well managed, I'm adr driver with all categories and tanks so you can imagine how chaotic it was this last few weeks with shortage on fuel tankers, I was receiving phone calls from everywhere with all kind of offers, it was crazy, I turned them all down and still chose to stay at Ningbo for its excellency in the haulage business and treating their drivers as valuable members of Ningbo family.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Perfectly managed and nice atmosphere

I can highly recommend this place for work and cooperation. Very well organized and professional in every aspect. Nice and helpful office staff. Trucks clean and in very good technical condition thanks to Transport Manager. .The routes are well prepared for the driver,

Pros

Good working hours, No heavy lifting, electric pump truck, Good pay

Very well planned schedule

Friendly hard working staff and managementRelaxed work pace ,no pressureIt's mainly short distance deliveries and multi drop,if you are able to comprehend that there are no surprises

Pros

Decent start time, No heavy lifting, electric pump truck

Cons

Sometimes it's cold and wet in London

Very bad place to work

It all starts at management level, absolutely no idea how or what is involved on how to be a manager.The transport manager has now idea, if you voice your concern his answer is well go home then.The fleet is in a disgusting state, shouldn’t be on the road (rigid) The planer hasn’t got a clue your continually driving up and down the same roads for most of the day.Long hours and so much pressure put on the drivers to get delivery’s completed even when not achievable.The drivers at ningbo are great lads and it was a shame to say good bye but couldn’t take poor management roles any longerIf your new to HGV then it could be a good place to start, but with vehicles constantly breaking down I wouldn’t bank on it. Absolutely NOW driver welfare. They have a massive turn over of drivers and always advertising for replacement drivers not because they are growing or expanding. All my comments only apply to the class 2 role and class 1 multi drop.

Pros

Free coffee machine when it works

Cons

Long hours treated like an idiot the management no best

Always different, can be hard.

Walking floors, decent equipment and good pay for what you do. Management fair and understanding. Can be hard but hey ho, thats work ! Loads of nonsence flies around about this place by ex employees , all i can say is do your best and the respect and rewards are there. One of the best jobs i have had .

Pros

Work and rewards are there if your keen.

Cons

Not worth mentioning.

Hard work but very fair and understanding

I work on the walking floor side of Ningbo and can say it’s the best job I have ever had, yes the days are long and some of the jobs are dirty but thats the name of the game. The manager is very helpful and she has experience with walking floors too which is a masssive help. Yes sometimes you get stuck out on a Friday night but that’s unfortunately how it goes sometimes in the haulage game.I am very happy here and feel a part of a successful team that has grown from nothing. Tob job would definitely recommend.

Pros

Good money, good work, good boss

Cons

Long days some say, Not really a con if you go to work to work

Disgraceful place

I worked on the walking floor side, absolutely awful place, and hateful management. The money is good, but you need to be available to run out Sunday and run in Saturday. Don’t bother planning anything in your home life, they’ll make sure you aren’t back for it. Once you run out of time, they will come to pick you up and bring you back, then expect you to double man with someone else, they think it’s ok because you’re getting paid. Yes it is the best paying job in the area, but 15 drivers chose to leave in 6 months for less paid work, that says enough especially in a year of job uncertainty during Covid. Vile vile vile!

Pros

Money

Cons

Too many to list

Joke of a company run by idiots

After working at Ningbo Wrexham would strongly advise running the other way wagons poorly maintained unfit for the road route planner is a jobsworth too many pallets to fit on the wagons so always double stacked times deliveries that are not possible,get given collections to do before even getting a pallet off the wagon,Sent down lanes with no regard for the size of the truck,poor management when approached with a problem all you get is stop moaning and get on with it genuinely couldn't think of a worse place to work the high turn over of drivers will tell you all you need to know

Pros

Isn't any

Cons

Everything about the place

Management Care

I worked at Ningbo for three years and during my time I progress through from Van driver to HGV Class 1 all paid by Ningbo. They are keen to help employees better themselves. The work is hard and can be stressful but the pay structure more than makes up for what is asked of you to complete on a daily basis. I had a period when I needed emergency time away and the management team all went well above what they should of had to to make my work life more flexible. I was sad to leave but had to due to relocation/

Pros

good company progression

Cons

can be very stressful - good pay to make up for it

Management Care

Pros

good company progression

Cons

can be very stressful - good pay to make up for it

Nice friendly place to work, good job security

Good place to work with some great people, lots of work so I felt really secure in my job especially at the moment with Covid. The guys in the workshop were always on hand if I had a problem, I left due to relocation but would recommend these guys to work for, some hard graft but they look after you with the pay.

Pros

Flexible if i had a family problem

Cons

Hours can be long some days but the pay is good

Avoid at all costs

Just look at the high staff turnover to see what kind of company this is, better still go to the Wrexham depot at around 1800 hrs and speak to the day drivers who will be just finishing or the night drivers just starting, then you will get a true picture of what this company is like. Poor vehicle maintenance, most vehicles with persistent faults (for which you could loose your licence), and ridiculous expectations of what you can achieve during your shift. Avoid at all costs.

Avoid at all costs

Just look at the high staff turnover and it will tell you all you need to know about this company, better still go to the Wrexham depot and speak to the drivers that work there, after you have spoken to the drivers you will be able to make up your own mind and not believe the fantasy that is contained in their job advert

Don't work there.

Awful place to work. Planning is awful. Long hours, don't give you chance if you get something wrong. You start 7. 30 but never leave yard before 9. 30 with 9 o'clock deliveries. Always chasing your tail . Never get enough information to do the job so your having sort it out yourself. If your at delivery point more 15 mins they want why and never planned for you be anywhere longer then that. Your get 2 to 3 runs a day. With between 6 to 10 drops on each run.

Pros

Are none

Cons

Never get home before 6.30 at night

Didn’t listen to drivers

Never listen to drivers slow on wagon defects management were useless on sorting runs out wagons were getting on and lack of maintenance warehouse manager wouldn’t listen

Pros

Some good people there

Cons

To many know all’s who know nothing

Office

Transport manger has no clue how to run the wagons from day to day want putting load count on making you stressed dont get a thanks when you do the favour on jobs and the pay is awful cant live off it, which never seems to increase after the business is ment ti be making millions

Don’t waste your time

I had the unfortunate task of being sent by an agency the other week. I will never return. Lorries with defect not being repaired (the lorry I was given said 0, yes zero brake pads). Talk about mass panic to find another lorry, but the defect book had reports that they where low a few days before. The poor lad in the garage looked ready to give in and go home. Yard full of damaged lorries, one looked like it is going to be a flat bed in the future. The drops they gave me had me driving in circle all day. I was told this is the normal way by other drivers. Then when loaded and stacked up, a lady with a scan gun told me to drive out onto the road and secure my load on the hi way. This was just the start of a fun day. Felt like I was back driving in the 1970’s.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ningbo Distribution. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement