nmcn PLC

nmcn PLC Employee Reviews

I worked here for approx. 6months, in my time spent at NMCN, I found them to be a fantastic company to work for they care about their employees.........
Pros
oppertunties
Cons
got to be in the click to know anything or survive. senior management destroying the group through bad management and inept leaders. duplicating paperwork for no reasons, health and safety preached but not taken notice of because of the amount of accidents they have. excuses after excuses to cover up incidents. hypocrites in a word.
Pros
wages/money
Cons
management
Have worked here for a while now with little or no training. I have paperwork thrown at me every day and no help. Nothing is explained clearly and my job has never been clear. I am a PM but have no clear definition of my role in the company. Now we are under threat of more redundancies and several directors have been removed for fiddling...what more.
Pros
Can easily not work
Cons
Everything about the company is bad.
They are always trying to find ways to put you down and keep track of your every move. They do disciplinary actions for fun and always try and take money away from you claiming you have been overpaid for something silly. Health and safety is terrible. Very cliquey work force that will grass you up to management for the silliest of things. Work if very shabby. Cutting corners all the time. Most of the contract managers don’t have a clue but think they know better than the work force.
Pros
Cons
Don’t bother
No certain training structure and no specific person to turn to if you need help. They expect you to pick stuff up at a ridiculous speed even when the training takes time.
Pros
Wage
Cons
No support
Excellent company to work for. Fair, supportive, proactive and rewarding. Professional and intelligent employees who all strive to make a positive impact. A hardworking knowledgeable management team who strive to be fair. Open to new ideas and continually striving to improve. The client base can be challenging but the company’s approach to a collaborative working style breaks down barriers to the benefit of all parties.
Pros
Supportive culture
Cons
Sometimes reactive work
I worked for NMCN as a Telehandler driver for about 9 months. I found the site manager(s) to be excellent and genuinely interested in workers in site and helpful in sorting out any problems.
Basically a good company. I was an Engineer dealing with control and instrumentation working for a civils based company and as such felt that the companies approach was more geared up to a concrete shovelers culture. The workforce and management were on the whole, good and anyone forging a career path will find the company keen to assist professional ladder climbing.
Pros
Numerous, Flexibility on time, various employee benefits.
Cons
H&S was continually emphasised and could be a little hyppocritical.
Being a site cleaner is quite demanding very physical hard work cleaning all the mud up especially when mopping very hands on canteens drying rooms offices toilets and bins but good salary good benefits perks at work
Loved my time at north mids! Will miss everyone I worked with very friendly bunch, management not afraid to get stuck in with work as well as all colleagues.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at nmcn PLC?
Good company plenty of support good management team they would go out of their way to ensure that the right equipment was on site the right personnel to make sure the job was carried out to a high standard as we were working for local authorities and were always in the public eye
Project work will always be fast paced which is something i enjoy so a typical day usually flies! Due to the nature of the work you come into contact with different people all the time and i have found that the most enjoyable part.
Management are no good at their job put all the blame on the operatives and lots of unsafe working practices total incompatance as the office staff are not trained or they tell lies to get in their position
NMCN is the best according to my understanding and also friendly to people and good health and safety practice. Over all I really enjoyed working with the firm.
If you are hard working, pro active and unrelated to a member of management... steer well clear. If you are none of the above this is the company for you. You will be able to get by standing back and letting the grafters do the work. You will be allowed to minimise any responsibility for decision making; repeatedly produce sub / poor standard work and“connected” applicants can be assured of promotion. And the pay rates are rubbish
just worked in a short period of time but faced a new challenge in my career as a site engineer. Learnt a lot to manage/deal with different workers on site.
No advancement,bad senior management,only interested in supporting their friends advancements.
Pros
Mon-Friday (mostly)
Cons
Long hours bad pay
Terrible company to work for, blame culture is rife management don't have a clue what happens day to day. In order to spend ÂŁ20 of company money for a project it required 3 signatures. So running a project is next to impossible. I would say this company is the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for. There is no job security people are hired and fired with the wind when they need someone to blame. Also don't let the new name change fool you changing the name won't make there terrible history go away.
Pros
Small commute
Cons
Terrible culture
Terrible company to work for managers are rude Nd abnoxious. Terrible company. Wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone they don’t allow you to call in sick if your Ill.
It was a very professional place to work however I was only there for 3 months as the company had gotten behind with a certain type of work and I helped them catch up. I caught them up with any spreadsheets that needed sorting out as well.
Do not apply for this position unless you want to be bullied in the workplace and have nothing to all day. If your face doesn't fit with certain staff that are married to management then your days will be very long and boring.
Pros
car parking
Cons
Offensive bullying staff
  1. Employee reviews