Nobilis Homecare

Nobilis Homecare Employee Reviews

I’ve worked with Nobils for a little while now and it’s a rollercoaster (not always a good one). Most of my colleagues are absolutely wonderful and go above and beyond for the clients however, some of the office staff aren’t the greatest. When times get tough with work in the office it is taken out on the staff that go out in the community; this isn’t fair at all. Schedules are constantly changed sometimes even whilst you’re working which leaves the clients confused and unhappy and even the worker confused. Having things taken out on the staff isn’t okay and should not happen; it should remain professional and not become a blame game or school ground pettiness between staff and management.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Not always the kindest
Lovely work colleagues, but manager is happy one minute then the next has an issue with everyone. Very unprofessional, makes you uneasy and if your jobs safe or not. Its all about the hours they are providing not the service that’s being delivered. Carers do there best but with the on going intake in hours always being asked to work extra. Rotas are a shambles and change daily. A lot of improvement needed with office management and coordinator. Clients and care staff are lovely and work there hardest to deliver a good service.
Pros
Lovely clients, great carer staff to work with.
Cons
Poor management.
I have now worked for Nobilis for a number of years and has now made senior can honestly say I have never been in a job where i have been at my happiest, Its rewarding in so many ways, The management , team leaders and other office staff are some of the best i have come across helping at every turn when needed. It has a great team of carers through the area's of the company. Your efforts are recognised even in the current crises going on. I LOVE MY JOB....
Pros
Amazing clientele
Cons
travel time
This was my first job working in care and Nobilis was a really good company for this. I received great training and there was always someone on the other end of the phone if I needed them which meant I always felt supported. I really enjoyed my time working in such a rewarding job.
Pros
High levels of support, good training, job security, lovely clients and carers
Cons
Nobilis really care about the people who work for them and promote opportunities from within wherever they can.Management are really approachable and passionate about giving the best to their staff and act on issues straight away. It's the first time I have worked somewhere where I feel as though my manager cares for me as an individual and within a short space of time of working for the company I have been given the opportunity to progress.The company is growing quickly and has undergone fantastic changes since I have joined resulting in me being excited be involved in such a challenging environment. I am looking forward to seeing the continuing growth of Nobilis care and am grateful for the opportunities and training I have already received.
Pros
Flexibility/Great senior management team
More than likely one of the best places I've worked to date!A very kind, understanding thoughtful company who are all there for their staff. I can honestly say all the managers within the company are fantastic, it's brilliant to see how much care our careers give, but then our managers give to our careers!Nobilis is a very wholesome place to work and I've never heard anything bad said since being here 4 months now by not one employee! Best decision I've ever made is saying yes to this job! Never looked back since...
Personally I adore working for nobilis.. Specifically for the team and the clients and for no other reason. I have found the company to be no different from any other care agency in regards to 'person centred care' as a priority, the person centred care element is reliant on the team that provides the care and based on that I believe we have an a really impressive service.
Pros
Great team and support
Cons
Pay, payroll and poor training
Official response from Nobilis Homecare
2 November 2020
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you love working for Nobilis too!
pay is rubbish, rotas are rubbish, the company has got greedy, taking on other companies and not looking after current staff and clients. Most care companies are paying block pay, avoid this company, pay per visit.
Cons
Probably had more staff than customers. Sent in without training or experience. Given work out of work availability times, Rota will change whilst on your way to a job and awful management
working for this company is all very well if you want your life run by them, also the expectation of the job is way to much and you have to be around 24/7 if your not you will get questioned as to why your not around this is even to the point of being told they may cancel your holiday even though its been booked for months . The owner has no idea as to what is going on and really can not care about the people that are making the company his money , stay clear if you not what is best for you .
Pros
not much at all, other carers and clients
Cons
long hours, never free from work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nobilis Homecare?
Working for Nobilis can be challenging at times but on the whole it was a positive experience. Monthly meetings were held where staff could discuss any issues and these were usually met within a timely manner. The training provided was to an excellent standard and I have gained so much experience and confidence with personal developmental skills. There is a friendly feel to the branch I worked for as you are able to work with a large number of carers - all of different skill/experience level. The company took the time to train me well and I was not pressured to complete house visits on my own until I felt ready. I am a university student so they were exceptionally accommodating to this by putting me on a bank contract which meant I was not contracted to hours I couldn't complete. in addition, communication between myself and the company stayed to a high standard even though I was living away a lot. Overall, the management and the employees I worked with were lovely and I couldn't have asked for any more from a company.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, competitive pay, exceptional training provided, opportunity for progression
Cons
Love my job looking after people in the community it’s so rewarding and I can go home at the end of the day happy as I know I’ve done my job and service users are happy to .
I’ve worked for 3 care companies and I have to say Nobilis has to be the best the Manager at yate is very supportive and will listen to you if you have any concerns I don’t do care anymore due to family care required but if I was able to return I would go back to Nobilis
This company really cares about the customers and staff. We feel supported by our team leader, she goes the extra mile making sure that we are appreciated and often takes us for coffee as a thank you, we are always kept updated and informed of any changes to our rotas. This has been possibly the most friendly place I have worked for.
I love working for this company. I feel supported by the management and even though it is a business, it is clients and staff orientated. There are progression opportunities and I feel valued. I can always speak with my manager and she goes the extra mile to ensure that I have the suppport that I need.
When I first worked for nobilis we would spend at least an hour with clients and the job was well paid. Now Nobilis pay is about the same or less than similar companies. No fixed hours, change most weeks, decided to leave when one of my days was 7-9pm. The standard 15 mins travelling time between clients is either too little or too less. No carer recognitions, used to get flowers or chocs, cards and certificates for birthdays and anniversaries and things, don't even get a happy birthday text now. Really nasty and negative atmosphere from other carers. Missing client calls and having to guide the clients families through safe guarding and CQC complaints procedure is really upsetting. Avoid.
I have been working for Nobilis now for nearly 4 years. I have achieved so much since being here, passing my level 2 diploma in health and social care and worked my way up to becoming a senior support. The support I received from the office staff and other support workers is amazing. And the communication with the office staff is very good and they are alway at the end of the phone for support and advice. My hours fit around my family life style as I have children. I absolutely love my job dearly and the best thing for me is when I see my clients happy and cared for like my own family.
Brilliant job with excellent opportunities. Management are very organised and understanding. Good rates of pay and bonus opportunities. Would highly recommend
Nobilis are a lovely company to work for, always happy to help, someone is always around to listen if you have any questions. Not just a team, we are one big family. Very flexible work hours.
I work for the basingstoke branch for the last 3 years and started up from not doing care before. Nobilis gave very good training and support going through the start also offered help if i wasnt sure of anything. Over the 3 years ive gone from a carer to a senior/assessor and then going round to new client houses to do assessments to start there new package of care. I also help doing out of hours and rostering for the office which has given me more an in site of the how things work. Yes some days can be hard and work late sometimes but Nobilis is a very good company to work for and i do recommend for anyone whos wanting to progress in care i would 100% say come to Nobilis
Pros
lots of suppor
typically you will have a variety of lovely clients - we try to maintain typical runs when possible. There are a variety of needs and abilities to work with which presents us opportunities to learn everyday I have finally found somewhere where I can be a part of a team (and a family) after previously working for a care company that lacked any compassion or teamwork..working here has been refreshing and has revitalised my passion for care I have the option to complete a level 2 course and all of the funding for a care certificate provided. Everyone seems very client driven and the people I have worked alongside so far are in this role for the right reasons. The office are approachable and all staff are competent in dealing with queries. I feel safe in knowing that any issues raised will remain confidential and that it will be handled delicately. There are always challenges to face but I have felt that we have all rallied around to get through it. the most enjoyable part of the job is noticing the difference you make in peoples lives and meeting like minded individuals. as you are travelling from home to home you have your own space and time in between clients and are never faced with boredom
  1. Employee reviews