Nobilis Homecare

Nobilis Homecare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom96 reviews

carerslovelyclientsupportivesupportcarestaffhappy

Great colleagues

I enjoyed my time in this job. I worked with lots of amazing people and they make you feel like family. Management was okay. They put a lot of stress on us. We don't get paid for time in between shifts which is silly because we are doing 16 hour shifts and they are classed as '12 hours' or '8 hours'. Difficult to balance work and social life.

Pros

Great colleagues, good pay.

Cons

Stressful management, no sick pay, not paid in between calls.

Awful

Having worked in care a number of years I would never recommend nobilis. Office staff rude, when you go in the office your made to feel unwelcome, office staff swearing slagging off carers and service users . No organisation.put calls on you without asking allowing no travelTime or break. Send you out to do calls when you haven’t been signed off medication training. i would definitely not recommend this company

Insights into Nobilis Homecare

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things

Enjoyable place to work

I enjoyed my time at Nobilis, I was there 7 months roughly and only left because to earn the money I was always out and it wasn't working for my family, plus I was hoping to of started the care certificate, but still hadn't and when I handed in my resignation letter, I was told that they were going to be starting me on that. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The clients were great and happy to see you. Travel times between clients were a little unrealistic.

Pros

Friendly bunch

Cons

Travel times between clients unrealistic at times

It was a great job before covid

I really enjoyed the job and staff support before covid hit. Management began to struggle with short staffing to this day and the pressure and stress for employees has been unbearable at times. From no travel time between visits, to long exhausting hours.

Great people to work with and supportive management

I have enjoyed working for the company, we have a great team and support each other, great management go above and beyond. Would recommend, very flexible.

13 July 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experiences at Nobilis care. We really value and appreciate your comments.

Ok

Carers are great, management so not so much. Management want u on call every hour of every day and call u to cover shifts even on day off. Everyone needs a good work and home balance.

Pros

Cons

Always call u on day off

13 July 2022

Working as a care assistant or social care supporter, was made easy by good one to one training modules and online certificates.

Good easy access training scheme. The hours were a bit erratic and you have to work every other weekend, but, otherwise it is a good team effort most days of the week. Nobilis had one-to-one training and online easy accessible modules and multi -choice answers.

20 May 2022

Stressful

This used to be a lovely company when I first started, sadly in the last 2 years it has gone down hill. Top management no longer care about the quality of care delivered to their clients and care even less about the stress they put on their care staff. I would not recommend working here at all

17 May 2022

Fun & friendly office

I have worked at Nobilis for a year and found that it was very easy to settle in and feel part of the team. Everyone in the office is very friendly and approachable and are all happy to help you with anything. The work is challenging (in a positive way), I have not found it affects my work-life balance too much and there is a lot of support with workload. Teams are happy to work together to help each other out. As with any expanding business, there is likely to be some teething issues but its been a fantastic and enlightening journey to be on and I have learnt a lot and feel that I have been able to make positive change within my role & team. I feel like I make a difference.There is a good atmosphere in the office, it is relaxed and we are allowed to listen to music and often celebrate events and have decorations up. There is a good sense of camaraderie between members of staff.

26 April 2022

Iv been with Nobilis for a year and a half. In that short time, I have seen the company grow and its been amazing to part of the journey.

I love that everyone is happy to help each other, regardless of the department or branch you work in.I would be lying if I said that there weren't stressful days, but this is outweighed by the job stratification and knowing that your work contributes to the bigger picture, of providing affordable, quality care.

Love it here

After many years at different care agencies and feeling unhappy I came to join Nobilis. Straight from the interview i felt cared for and like this was the right place for me. I have caring managers and feel like i matter. Which after years of feeling unimportant is amazing. Im glad i made the switch! Highly Reccommend

Pros

Pay and Management

Challenging , exciting and rewarding

Having moved from a plc I have found nobils a great place to work. I have been welcomed and supported ever since I started back in September 20. The business is fast passed due to the sector and plans the senior management have for the business. Despite this I have had the chance to develop and grow which I haven't had in other organisations. The support from my line manger has been great , giving me the responsibility and chance to grow as well as maintaining a work life balance.

Pros

Support, responsibility, team spirit

Appalling work place

When I first started Nobilis it was a lovely friendly atmosphere. There was so much support and everyone was happy. As time went on lots of things changed and the company got very corporate and only cared about the money. There is no consideration for the staff or clients. I had so much support from my branch/manager throughout but hierarchy took over and made changes with 0 knowledge of care or any thought of repercussions that would happen. If you want a job where your over worked, underpaid and not supported Nobilis is the place for you!

25 April 2022

Care work doesn’t pay well

Very hard going. Not enough time between clients. Found it stressful trying to keep to client times. Working with different people all the time. High staff turnover.

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

Get messed about with jobs

25 April 2022

Management adequate, communication zero to non

Can’t fault the majority of the carers but the company as a whole is adequate. The care that is provided is brilliant but the office workers and communication between the company and the clients&carers is appalling.

Pros

Non

Avoid

Worse care company I have ever worked for and I have been caring for over 20 years. Bad culture from the senior management all the way down to the front line.All growth is due to buying up established care companies.Three of their services are requires improvement with CQC with more services yet to be rated.Take it from one that knows, avoid this company.

Not worth your time.

Working for this company will only put you through stress. You are always called on to help out and just expected to drop everything. (Example: holiday booked well in advance and yet still get called upon to work the evening when you have left the area in the morning). The only reason I would work here again is for the clients. This company will never take your advice when it comes to bettering a clients needs either, you could call up plenty of times and yet nothing would still get done. Unfortunately due to the company buying more company’s they have forgotten the true meaning of care to the point of either letting clients down or tiring out already very tired carers. They are only about having money in their pockets then what the company was actually set up to do.

Rubbish company

Worked here.for a week they took all my wages off me for long hours i worked and then took all shadowing pay off me aswell ,I had one day I'll and they took 10 hour shift off me ,office staff are rude very unprofessional ,many clients complianed to me about the office and never having correct calls also other staff are run raged and office staff only put thereselves on call that are close to there homes !!! Never never ever will I ever recommend this company to any to use as a services user or employee !!!!!!

Avoid

Nobilis is far from a caring supportive company, no compassion or empathy.All about money. Company took over a few small companies on the iow and since many staff have left and been pushed out. No support for carers or clients. Calls not covered. Bribed with money to do extra work. Constant change to rota, no consistency. Avoid

Pros

Cons

Long hours, lack of support for clients and carers Constant change

Non professional

Been in the care industry for 10 years and this is by far the worst company I have worked for. Management and communication is shocking, unsure how this company is still running! High turn over of staff and not many happy clients due to the company

Avoid

Terrible company. Have taken on too many companies, staff treated badly, backstabbing, over worked, manager two faced.You work long hours, rotas changing when out on shift. We use to have 2 coordinators and other decent office staff who understood us and supported us but they were somehow booted out. I feel sorry for the clients we av.

25 April 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nobilis Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nobilis Homecare with

• Nobilis Homecare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?