Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust

Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust Employee Reviews

I have enjoyed my experiences at NCHC - I was able to learn new skills and work autonomously to support all the generalist inpatient wards to improve their discharge processes and patient flow. They were supportive and encouraged staff to be able to express their concerns - they listened to staff and made appropriate changes to improve patient experience and staff satisfaction.
Pros
A grow your own culture
Cons
Travelling across a large county
If your face fits your ok if it dsnt then your an outcast management stab you in the back little help in coursework unachievable goals expected to get on with the job little or no help
Pros
Good facilities
Cons
Poor management
Working with vulnerable families and helping them achieve their end goal is a very rewarding thing to do. Working as part of a fantastic team to ensure that all families that we had contact with got the support that they needed.
Very hard work on a busy rehabilitation ward, where you are constantly on your feet and rushed due to the high demands that are set upon you due to the expectations of the management. Not all staff work together.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, with no rest
Love this job, good work/home life balance working in a great team. Flexibility on working hours with enhanced pay for weekend work/bank holidays. Great prospects too
Pros
Free car park
Cons
Management unsympathetic to any personal issues, no compromise with regards to annual leave etc. Priority was work over everything, which is an unrealistic expectation. Manager close to line of bullying tactics with more vulnerable staff. Very uncomfortable working environment, micro managed. Noticbly more relaxed and happier environment when Manager wasn’t in.
Pros
Lovely colleagues
Cons
Manager had very poor people skills
a typical day at work, getting list of allocated patients, prioritising workload, timed urgent patients to be seen - which include diabetic patients and syringe drivers, gathering equipment to take outwith, woundcare/leg ulcer care, palliative care, mobile working - updating patients as you go - managing and updating care plans, pressure ulcer screens, ordering equipment as needed, planning patient next visit approproately
Pros
can have too many patients to do your job properly
Cons
not getting breaks, not updating patients notes during work time
Rewarding and challenging at times. Great working team, very supportive. Have learnt a lot in the time I have worked here. Can be really long hard days.
Cons
Long days
Ongoing changes. Lots of variety of work. Good area of the country to work in. Wonderful clinical and admin staff all under pressure but smiling through.
I enjoyed my time in this role, the job was interesting and I am gutted that the service was put out for tender and I was made redundant. I worked with a great team.
Pros
Working hours, work.
Cons
Having to make time up for my own health appointments
Good communications from Senior staff, good work/life balance. Nice offices and friendly colleagues. Enjoyed the work and the facilities are good. IT systems easy to use.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
No Bonuses
Working at NCH&C was a very nice place to work, I worked there for 3 years all together. Very friendly environment as I came in as an apprentice and moved onto full time work. I learnt all my IT knowledge working there as an apprentice and a full time member of staff. Management were very friendly and helpful, I also worked as team leader for a short period of time there and I was constantly given help, this also helped with my experience. The department were very concentrated on customer satisfaction, what I believe is one of the most important things within IT. The job itself was very challenging job role, what I enjoy myself.
Very nice pleasant place to work. i recommend to others looking for an apprenticeship in the healthcare sector, enjoy your job search.
At NCH&C our focus is on continually improving the quality of care we offer to local people and on improving access to that care, helping people to move seamlessly from one service to another. We serve a population of 1.5 million people, in and around Norfolk and Suffolk, making us one of the largest providers of community health and care services in the NHS. Our aim is to constantly improve our patients’ lives by providing you with the best care, close to where you live. Our specialist teams all across Norfolk and Suffolk provide personalised health and care services for everyone, from babies to the elderly. Our Vision: “To improve the quality of people’s lives, in their homes and community, by providing the best in integrated health and social care…”