Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust

Working at Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust: 28 Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews

teamplacegoodworkingmanagementworkjobsupport

Estates

Been working for NSFT for just over a year. Plus points being job security, variety of work, left to prioritise your own workload. Negatives. For trades people, the pay scale is a joke. If you are in it for the money then expect to be paid at least 5k less than you could earn in the real world. Line managers are a joke, say all the right things but nothing ever changes. I definitely feel undervalued.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Pay.

Lack of career development

Lack of career development opportunities, existing staff not encouraged to stay, high turnover in teams, no succession plans in place for staff.No forward planning to retain staff. Existing staff experience not valued over recruiting new external staff. Managers voice that they value you, but their actions don’t follow through.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Lack of career development opportunities, Pay not representative of other NHS Trusts for similar roles.

Insights into Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Easy going

Easy going, no pressure. But plenty of work to keep me busy, flexible, on the job and online training Friendly and supportive Annual leave Pension………..

Supportive, fun co-workers

Quite understaffed in all areas related to mental health, barely any services in place to help treat patients efficiently but the cracking humour of the staff make up for it.

Pros

No weekends 9-5 Paid mileage

Cons

Lots of driving

Good values and work ethics

Requires a level headed, mature approach to daily work life. Challenges occur on a daily basis but procedures are in place to deal with these.A warm friendly atmosphere.

Pros

Career development available

Cons

Some positions have very unsociable hours

One of the better NHS trusts to work for

I worked for this Trust for many years, leaving once and returning. Better pay than my current NHS job.Management could have been better and more supportive but that depended on current management which can change fairly often sometimes. All in all a good employer and would work for them again.

Pros

Good team work Nice working atmosphere

Cons

Shift work can be tough

Good team

Wonderful team, great learning opportunities and support. Overall it is a great place to work and I am happy to be part of my team. I learned a lot about DBT and personality disorders.

Pros

Remote working Lots of training opportunities Flexible hours

Cons

Nil

Worst place I've ever worked

Working at this trust has to be the worst job I have ever had. Typical day at work is very long and drags, this job has taught me not to trust anyone even the people you think are in your corner. Management are awful here and never support you and are very bossy. The culture here is awful you rarely feel like a team and the things you haven't done will always get picked up but you never get thanked for the work you have done. There is no gratitude here and you certainly don't get treated like you are a human.

Pros

It pays the bills

Cons

Managers, hours, toxic atmosphere

Please do not work for NSFT.

The majority of it was highly pressurised. It is hard to report bullying from staff to management you will be ignored. Your personality will be criticised if you show empathy. If you want to experience continuous Bullying and intimidation, uncomfortable experiences, not much training, back stabbing, False behaviour, other people's mistakes being blamed on you, then enjoy. This has been the worst place I have ever worked. I liked the Job just not the staff.

Pros

Paid on time. Learn more than you thought you could.

Cons

Bullying and harrasment. Barely any training.

Improving and collaborative

I joined the Trust at the start of their improvement journey which means there is lots of opportunity to be heard and make a difference. Yes, like many NHS Trusts there are difficulties but there is a real passion and investment in making things better and this is beginning to show.

Pros

Flexible approach

Cons

Staff not always challenged for poor practice

Enjoyed the support from colleagues but management are awful

There is no clear processes written down. Bosses say the right things but nothing changes. We are understaffed and some of the staff who work there certainly don’t adhere to the trust values. Lazy and downright disrespectful and when staff speak up about the issues, nothing gets done. No wonder we are the worst trust in the Country!

Pros

Good colleague support

Cons

Long hours, bad management

I did not feel supported or valued by senior or locality managers and were not aware of the future vision of the trust. jjjj

If you enjoy being bullied, disrespected, being made fun of constantly, you'll love it here! If you like sitting in circles and having complaint sessions, then you'll fit right in

Cons

negative atmosphere, bullies

Bullying culture at wellbeing

Very high turnover of staff, bullying is rife, you will work long hours and you will be stressed. There are better easier ways to train as a therapist.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Bullying and stress

Avoid at all costs

NSFT is easily the worst place I ever worked. There's a culture of back-stabbing and mistrust, of incompetent, divisive senior management. It was there long before I arrived and continues to this day. The incoming CEO (now gone) bought me a coffee then had me sacked the same day because he wanted to bring in his own young female replacement from his old job. This, after I had worked solidly for a week to bring off successfully a project that should have to take a month, at the request of the Board of Governors.

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

A toxic work culture based on fear and mistrust

Great place and people to work with

Amazing teams and places, really enjoyed my tenure at NSFT. It is one of the best experiences I have ever had. From top management to my immediate teams, everyone was there because they loved doing what they were doing which made all the difference.

Professional

Fast paced,interesting and great team work.Supportive management and a pleasant environment to work from. Opportunity for career advancement and active encouragement to engage with training.

Stressful, Bullying Culture and Intimidation

Senior management expect their staff to follow their orders to the letter, they do not want people working for them who can think for themselves regardless if this could benefit the organisation. The Trust states they have a zero tolerance policy for Harassment and Bullying unfortunately this is little more than words on paper. This was brought into unwanted reality for me when I found myself becoming the victim of bullying within the Trust by a senior manager in the team and to my shock the bullying and intimidation extended to the Head of the Human Resources department who did everything possible to protect the bully’s within her own department. This created an unbearable environment to work in, which affected my health and forced me to seek medical help (sick leave) for an extended period of time. While off sick and during the investigation that followed I was contacted by the Head of Human Resources on multiply occasions and with comments at times that prolonged the intimidation received at work. Ultimately at the meeting held to hear the finding of the investigation and for both sides to present their cases. It was apparent from the outset that the outcome of the hearing had already been decided before it had even begun. This found that no case of bullying had occurred which was the decision of the two person panel chaired by the Head of Human Resources Unfortunately the only option left open to me was to resign from my role and put my health and wellbeing before any job, in addition the stress that would ultimately return going back in to the same working -

Productive and enjoyable , great NHS staff benefits

Rewarding and challenging role. Good range of interesting challenges . Managers provide good support . staff encouraged to devlope their experience and expertise. Team has a supportive culture

Pros

great supportive colleagues

Terrible place to work

This has been the most awful experience I ever had in my life first of all I have signed a contract for management support administrator and ended up working in reception and they sold me a lot of doughnuts saying that this position got mixed with reception post on the nhs website ( what a load of ...) how can people say that anyway not even a 5 year old would believe that! Some of staff are incredibly rude and so much lack of support a lot of whispering going around from staff and management too which I found so unprofessional ! No wonder their staff don’t last long in reception because the management simply don’t care about their wellbeing and people are treated like a sack of potatoes . I had to call sick several times due to stress and anxiety caused by them and when I needed some help with childcare they have turned their back on me and you think working for mental health in nhs will be so supportive and understanding. I now work in a place with a lovely bunch of people can’t even compare the situation and I’m amazed how much support is in the practice from all staff included doctors and management a thing that BNIDT will never have ! They should start making some changes in management if they want people to work there and appreciate them . I couldn’t even rate this place with one star as it’s not worth it . They are trying to make me pay for time off I had when it was needed when my mental health was unstable due to their lack of support but I’ll make sure things will be taken further and investigate what’s going on there as people are coming and going and it’s not good -

Pros

Nothing !

Excellent staff and working balance

Staff very supportive. Communication good. Management very good, work towards helping each member of staff. Appropriate training given to the role applied for.

Not a good place to work.

Really is a terrible place to work, if managers don't like you they lie and make up things to get you out. Staff are back stabbers, they have their little click and treat new people like dirt,making it clear to you they don't want to work with you. Staff nurses and managers don't support you at all, when you have supervision is supposed to be private but it isn't, the staff nurse tells everyone what you said. Only good thing is the training.

Pros

Training

Cons

Bad practises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement