Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust

Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Been working for NSFT for just over a year. Plus points being job security, variety of work, left to prioritise your own workload. Negatives. For trades people, the pay scale is a joke. If you are in it for the money then expect to be paid at least 5k less than you could earn in the real world. Line managers are a joke, say all the right things but nothing ever changes. I definitely feel undervalued.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay.
If you enjoy being bullied, disrespected, being made fun of constantly, you'll love it here! If you like sitting in circles and having complaint sessions, then you'll fit right in
Cons
negative atmosphere, bullies
Very high turnover of staff, bullying is rife, you will work long hours and you will be stressed. There are better easier ways to train as a therapist.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bullying and stress
NSFT is easily the worst place I ever worked. There's a culture of back-stabbing and mistrust, of incompetent, divisive senior management. It was there long before I arrived and continues to this day. The incoming CEO (now gone) bought me a coffee then had me sacked the same day because he wanted to bring in his own young female replacement from his old job. This, after I had worked solidly for a week to bring off successfully a project that should have to take a month, at the request of the Board of Governors.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
A toxic work culture based on fear and mistrust
Amazing teams and places, really enjoyed my tenure at NSFT. It is one of the best experiences I have ever had. From top management to my immediate teams, everyone was there because they loved doing what they were doing which made all the difference.
Fast paced,interesting and great team work.Supportive management and a pleasant environment to work from. Opportunity for career advancement and active encouragement to engage with training.
Senior management expect their staff to follow their orders to the letter, they do not want people working for them who can think for themselves regardless if this could benefit the organisation. The Trust states they have a zero tolerance policy for Harassment and Bullying unfortunately this is little more than words on paper. This was brought into unwanted reality for me when I found myself becoming the victim of bullying within the Trust by a senior manager in the team and to my shock the bullying and intimidation extended to the Head of the Human Resources department who did everything possible to protect the bully’s within her own department. This created an unbearable environment to work in, which affected my health and forced me to seek medical help (sick leave) for an extended period of time. While off sick and during the investigation that followed I was contacted by the Head of Human Resources on multiply occasions and with comments at times that prolonged the intimidation received at work. Ultimately at the meeting held to hear the finding of the investigation and for both sides to present their cases. It was apparent from the outset that the outcome of the hearing had already been decided before it had even begun. This found that no case of bullying had occurred which was the decision of the two person panel chaired by the Head of Human Resources Unfortunately the only option left open to me was to resign from my role and put my health and wellbeing before any job, in addition the stress that would ultimately return going back in to the same working - more...
Rewarding and challenging role. Good range of interesting challenges . Managers provide good support . staff encouraged to devlope their experience and expertise. Team has a supportive culture
Pros
great supportive colleagues
This has been the most awful experience I ever had in my life first of all I have signed a contract for management support administrator and ended up working in reception and they sold me a lot of doughnuts saying that this position got mixed with reception post on the nhs website ( what a load of ...) how can people say that anyway not even a 5 year old would believe that! Some of staff are incredibly rude and so much lack of support a lot of whispering going around from staff and management too which I found so unprofessional ! No wonder their staff don’t last long in reception because the management simply don’t care about their wellbeing and people are treated like a sack of potatoes . I had to call sick several times due to stress and anxiety caused by them and when I needed some help with childcare they have turned their back on me and you think working for mental health in nhs will be so supportive and understanding. I now work in a place with a lovely bunch of people can’t even compare the situation and I’m amazed how much support is in the practice from all staff included doctors and management a thing that BNIDT will never have ! They should start making some changes in management if they want people to work there and appreciate them . I couldn’t even rate this place with one star as it’s not worth it . They are trying to make me pay for time off I had when it was needed when my mental health was unstable due to their lack of support but I’ll make sure things will be taken further and investigate what’s going on there as people are coming and going and it’s not good - more...
Pros
Nothing !
Staff very supportive. Communication good. Management very good, work towards helping each member of staff. Appropriate training given to the role applied for.
Really is a terrible place to work, if managers don't like you they lie and make up things to get you out. Staff are back stabbers, they have their little click and treat new people like dirt,making it clear to you they don't want to work with you. Staff nurses and managers don't support you at all, when you have supervision is supposed to be private but it isn't, the staff nurse tells everyone what you said. Only good thing is the training.
Pros
Training
Cons
Bad practises.
Satisfactory, offered supportive work environment, reasonable career opportunities and developmental roles. Good annual leave and pension package in place.
I work in the substance misuse service, which was rated 'good' by the CQC. Career progression is minimal, and more responsibilities are placed on nurses- rather than Doctors.
Pros
Travel is paid. Staff I work with are amazing.
Cons
Large case loads
Fortunate to work in a good team, all experienced and supportive. Hardest part of the job is trying to refer to services which are full to capacity or no longer exist due to cuts to services.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Services are pushed
The service is supportive to both staff and service users. If you are clinical staff, you will be working shift patterns made by e-rostering. This system can effect your work-life balance. The trust provides flexible working times for staff; however, it can be hard to obtain. The managers do support you through your job, and the supervision time is very effectively. Training is superb. I have learnt so much through the services training, on subjects I didn't even think about. I enjoy my job, but you must be strong minded to work here.
Pros
supportive staff, management supervision, training
Cons
long hour, long days, e-rostering, shift patterns.
Quality of care and standards of practice very poor. Concerns raised. Absence of support for improving standards of practice or addressing concerns raised. Oppressive and deferential working culture.
The inter team atmosphere quickly became apparent which I did not like. Typical working day was 8 till 4 and glad to leave. To much moaning from co-workers about everyone and thing so did not enjoy the environment which made it difficult to concentrate on task in hand. Continually interrupted to answering door. Advanced my knowledge of SCCM 2007 and trouble shooting.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Isolated
After clinical review a student on plaecment gave feedback to patient in the dayraea and that patient became agitated. That the feedback should have been given in the quiet room with a staff the patient knows. The patient was taken to quiet room, given an opportunity to talk about his concerns and feelings and then spoken to, reassured and also offered PRN medicationand advised to spend sometime in his room to help him calm down. My co-worker responded to the alarm and stood by us and supported us. This when you don't have enough staff in case of an emergency. Is when I am able to meet the challenges and needs of my patients and at the end of the day everyone is safe.