NORSE GROUP

NORSE GROUP Employee Reviews

I was a cook, cooking for @ 40 adults, 3 meals a day and dietary changes where required. I worked 11 hour shifts. If kitchen assistant phoned in sick I had to do their job too. I had to place orders, check deliveries and put away too. Paperwork had to be filled in and signed off weekly and posted on my way home (invoices, time sheets, holiday forms, cleaning forms etc) The workload is too much for one person, no support or praise from management just criticism and negativity.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
Too many too mention
Not a good company at all I was with them for 4 years loved thr place I worked but there is no loyalty from management unless you are somehow related to them.did not realise how bad they were until I started my new job.they pretend to be a big company but are just a mickey mouse company.also not once in 4 years we're my wages correct.you can ask anyone who works for them shocking
Could never get hold of any managers never answered phones or zero replys to texts, your on your own with any problem that arises. the whole of the management are uncaring and complete liars.covering their own backs at all times.HR also useless really dont care..
Pros
Cons
as described
Worked for Norse for 20 years so far intermittently and have always had a good experience with them. Under the current climate I was made redundant but until they knew what the situation was they supported the staff and did the best for them, it was quite apparent that they didn't want to go down that route. The managers are fair and visible and always at the end of a phone if not physically available. Wages are okay. If you don't mind actually working and getting on with the task in hand it's a good company to work with.
Pros
Free lunch, good team, excellent hours, good management.
Cons
Communication can get muddled sometimes.
Job was ok, management and supervisors were a joke!Wages was always sorted Supervisor didnt do anything but took all the credit!Not a good company to work for
Pros
Cons
Minimum wage, Poor managemewnt
The management if you can call them that, have no clue how to do their jobs. The change in management is rediculous. No support what so ever and communicating with them is non existent. Dont waste your time. The higher up are so petty and think they are better then the rest. The Company fails in so many areas. Am so Glad am not with them anymore and in a better job with better wages who managentment, actually respect me and support me when needed.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list.
I love working for norse they are a brilliant service and I am lucky to be working for them. I really enjoy my job. I do everything cleaning wise like bathroom cleaning, dusting, hoovering, mopping, making sure everything is clean and working ok. I fill in a time sheet and take the bins out. Also I lock the school gates.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Norse have to be the worst company to work forManagement are useless, tho slightly improved with recent transport managerPay just above minimum wageCare of staff is horrendousTreated like rubbish Problems take months to resolveBucks are passed ar every levelThe staff are some of the best I've ever worked with sadly staff moral is not. Constantly told "No" whatever you askEquipment to aid your job is not forthcoming at allPro - is uniform does arrive relatively quickly and you get plenty of itThey appear to not mind paying overtime as they are a non profit company
Pros
Absolutely zero
Cons
Read above
I started of in a lovely school that made you want to go to work everyday to they move us to this Awful Company with bad management .Never replace staff when people are ill . Never see any supervises just when they feel to come in .when the lockdown came ,HR stop paying me & trying to get me to sign on to get my payment back so ever since then I never see any payment. I just handed my slip to say I am not working for them anymore to work in a place that treat there staff in the right & checking to see if there Employees Are ok .1. management awful 2.no supervisor only when they feel to come in. 3.new managers All the time as there own staff leave there own job 4.no equipment when needed 5.they don’t care about there staff 6.broken equipment 7. Wrong equipment when acquired 8.you feel like working for yourself 9. No training for staff10.DON’T WAST YOUR TIME AND effort ,Even if you are desperate for a job This list can go on and on but I don’t have the time for them .i am just like to let you no if your applying for any of the jobs they are offering don’t take it But it your own choice
Pros
Nothing is free, just money grabbers
Cons
2 hrs a day
Unless your face fits you won't get anywhere if you want to earn money then work for them if you want t anything more tgssn tggat then don't unless you know your face will fit
Pros
A great team spirit, always someone willing to help and explain. Flexibility was excellent with days and hours worked. Very good training and follow up procedures. A great company that really puts time and investment into its staff
Pros
Atmosphere, Training, Flexibility.
Cons
Salary could be higher
I went to work in a school; had Norse staff telling me one thing, School Staff different. They didn't to seem to have a clue, what was going on, or what the school wanted from me, their rules were Rigid & Not fit for the purpose of the actual job !!! It was a Miracle, I lasted a few weeks !!!
Pros
Free Mop !
Cons
Confusion, Management Clueless
TUPE over from previous company, truly the worst company ever. Suspended me on full pay pending a tribunal, Never did the tribunal and now threatening court action to reclaim “overpayment in 3 months wages”.. Rude aggressive and confrontational HR. Spineless managers who literally lie to cover themselves.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Lying managers, Aggressive HR
Senior management is there as they are friends of friends and have no experience in the cleaning industry... Terrible company, wages always wrong and they don’t care...
Pros
Cons
The whole company
Unprofessional! Prefer to use bullish and coercive tactics to bully you into doing what they want whether it breaks health and safety rules or not! Use blackmail tactics to force workers to do overtime when it is not compulsory to do so! Treat their staff like dirt and use nefarious tactics to get rid of the staff members who either stand up for themselves or they don't like! I would recommend that anyone should avoid this company at all costs!
Pros
None!
Cons
All of the above
Do Not Work For This Company! No support. Blatant disregard for health and safety of staff. Staff treated like dirt. Have first hand experience of this company, so I can safely say,Do Not Work For This Company,Ever!
Pros
At first, was a good job, a nice place to work, then Norse arrived.
Cons
Far, far, far too many to list.
Managers unacceptable, they are not interested, no communication skills, one of them totally unprofessional, no people skills at all, uncaring, no empathy, completely unacceptable. Once I leave Norse I would not come back to work for them. Norse have lost alot of good workers/ cleaners. I have never known a company like it. Chemicals are not adequate to do the job.
Pros
Left to get on with the job
Cons
To many
Worked there for 2 years, really enjoyed it to start off with, and then began to get picked on and sexualised by colleagues and customers. When I notified management that i would be objectified and made to feel scared or uncomfortable i was told i was overreacting. Was not handled professionally at all. Do not do this job if youre a woman. It turned me into a very sad person and i was eventually sacked for doing the same things that male colleagues would get away with.
Pros
Some nice colleagues and customers
Cons
Treated like a dog
As employers go, Norse are not too bad, but they are nothing special either. The job although fairly straight forward, Minibus driving is not rocket science after all, it can get stressful as some of the children can be very difficult, but that is the nature of the job. I loved the job, many of the work colleagues were ok, managers were ok but took a long time to get things done when requests put in.
Pros
Middle of day form 9.30 am to 2.30pm at home.
Cons
Stressful at times.
Very poorly organised, zero training and zero support. Worse cleaning company I've ever worked for. Managers don't even reply to you and are never seen.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
OK until manager changed. No respect for personal circumstances. Don't care if you have a seriously ill relative, only interested in letting payroll know so you don't get paid for the time you need off. Old manager was lovely so it really depends on who you get. Minimum wage but never had an issue with receiving it on time. My cleaning job is good, left to get on with it, usually have all the supplies I need
Pros
Fits in with my life, local
Cons
Uncaring managers, no sick pay
  1. Employee reviews