NORSE GROUP
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

NORSE GROUP Employee Reviews

United Kingdom151 reviews

Norse

I was a bus driver for children with special needs. The work was split between 2 shifts mornings and afternoon with a few hours between the shifts. Mon-Fri during term time

Pros

Time off in day.

Cons

Not many hours.

Love the school I work for

Norse are a frustrating company to work for. Low pay, aggressive management and an inability to listen to staff when they say their workload is too much. Seem to only care about profit

Pros

Term time working

Cons

Poor management and low pay

You look after them, they look after you

I class myself as a dedicated hard worker who give it my all, 100% of the time. And it pays off. I do feel valued and respected at Norse, and always have done. I enjoy my job, the staff, the processes, the culture, I’m happy to get up and head into Norse on a daily basis. The attitude I present and the attitude I get back speaks for itself. I cannot fault Norse at all. More than happy with my job, and how I am treated in return.

Pros

Career progression. Security. Job satisfaction. Recognition.

Understaffed and ignored

Given pay rises that are never paid, pay is shockingly low, long days, split shifts, weekends.Understaffed,No communication,Holiday requests rejected, Homes and school sites are lovely to work in just such a shame that the Norse management team is on another planet!

Pros

None - apart from the on-site staff in the schools and the care homes

Cons

Low pay, long hours, non existent promised pay rises

Working in fear

Every letter you receive from the management, almost without fail, contains a final paragraph that threatens disciplinary action. I stopped opening them in the end for fear of the stress they would create.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Management threats and invisibility

Recently dissatisfied and disillusioned with my position

Worked off and on to help out since 1992. Given contract 2007 when l departed previous job.Had good job satisfaction, but under new management l felt devalued, and considering l had no sickness in 14 yrs, and no absent days, this was totally overlooked recently.

Pros

Left alone to work.

Not what it used to be

Unfortunately like many employers, Norse have made cut backs during and since Covid, though this was happening a lot even before this. More and more pressure is piled onto staff on the ground daily from those who push the pens around and either have no clue clue how to run a kitchen safely and efficiently or just don’t care. Pay gaps for those in the manual jobs are minimal and the difference in pay between assistant staff and establishment managers (not office staff but catering teams) is now so small that it’s really hard to want to shoulder the responsibilities of ordering, cooking and making sure allergy menus are followed for the pence an hour difference to washing pots all day. It’s not always been bad. I used to take huge pride in working for Norse and I will continue to carry out my duties and work to the highest standard through to my last day. If you don’t mind being a number that is “easily replaced” then Norse is great but be weary of saying yes because as the saying goes, “give an inch and they’ll take a mile”.

Pros

Term time only when working in schools. Perfect hours to work around children especially when young.

Cons

Poor pay

Are you a friend of management? No? well I'd advise you to leave!

This is a honest review... I Worked for them for far too long, managent haven't got a clue what they are doing /very incompetent at their job roles ,seems to be friends of friends trying to run a company that is gradually getting worse.They love talking behind your back and slating people's work and the only time they want to speak to you is to moan about something which is usually something that they hadn't organised correctly in the 1st place.The Pay is poor and everyone's contracts are different even for same job roles,Equality is usually providing equal opportunities to everyone and protecting people from being discriminated,but at norse this is not the case...

Pros

Not likely to get rid of you as they seem to struggle to employ!

Cons

Bad management, poor pay, no equality

Can never get a hold of them

Would never get a reply back from management, but the moment they got a complaint or a issue got out of hand they would be on you like a hawk demanding explanations. Got told that it was our job to remind them to reply back or sort out issuesLots of changes going on in the area I cleaned for and no management to guide what was safe and wasn't to enter. Had to get help from another cleaner, got told I wasn't allowed to speak to her when she brought up concerns to higher upsThey are all friends so nothing gets sorted, passive aggressive environment and highly stressful which is a shame as everyone outside of the company had been lovely.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stressful

If you like working in the public sector...

Very much a hangover of public sector working practices within HO. No-one takes ownership of any problems/issues and just passes them down the line. Usually leaving the drudgery for the lowest people in the food chain.The feeling is that it's a culture of 'pass it on, it's not my job' and quite frustrating for someone from a commercial background.The general feel is that of people being crushed under an insurmountable workload, with very little scope for promotion.It is purely a company which young people can use as a stepping stone to further, more enjoyable and rewarding moves in their career.

Pros

Air conditioning

Cons

Unrewarding, unsatisfying, thankless work.

Ok place to work.

Opportunites to do more hours , company is very much affected by the sector it works in and staff are sometimes unreliable and demotivated, so you end up carrying them ! Ok job to progress on from .

Fun working place

I work for Norse now over 2 years now, great place to work very peaceful, but I must say pay is not great a specialty as a head chef and the responsibility comes with it and I am sorry to say that there’s no benefit. But if you looking for peaceful job that is the place and the school is so nice and Relax.

Cons

School hours

Care Assistant

Awful management. Stressful work without any support from company. Always short staff. Don’t expect any help from your manager or team leaders. After 10 years in this company nobody said: Thanks for your work.

Pros

Always available

Cons

Less respectful

Terrible place to work

This company has favourites, if you complain about one of the managers little friends you will be threatened with dismissal. A lot of back stabbing, favouritism, and general nastiness towards new staff. Poor training, health and safety issues. Management very unhelpful.

Pros

Cons

Watch your back constantly.

Not a good place to work

A company full of favorites, if your face fits you are in with the manager, if not you are just a number. Bullying is rife, Management show very little compassion for personal situations of staff. Training is less than good, Any previous training you have had from other more professional health care organizations will be ignored. Health & Safety need to be looked at. Management will not keep personal information about you confidential. If you complain about one of the managers favorites, you will be threatened with dismissal. Back stabbers everywhere. Poor vehicle maintenance.

Pros

No weekend work

Cons

No planning of routes.

Only Fools & Norses

Worked for Medway Norse for three years, basic knowledge on how to use a strimmer or a mower & your in, there isn't much chance of progressing in the company unless your in the gang & even then you can easily be disposed off, very un-organized with incompetent managers that haven't got a clue, they turn a blind eye regarding Health & Safety when it suits them to cut costs & don't like it when you point this out to them, I highly recommend Medway Norse as there's a high turn over of employees & are always looking for people, so if you have run out of options & have no job prospects your guaranteed employment, keep your head down, mouth shut & get on with the job & your be fine......

Pros

Paid on time, uniform PPE provided.....

Cons

Low pay

Good company to work for

Area manger available to talk to , no problems with wages always paid fairly, wage slips are available on line, worked for Norse for four years left because I couldn’t manage the stairs due to a problem with my knee loved my cleaning job never had any problems with the company

Pros

Extra work available if need

Fellow colleagues great

Job is a nice job but very busyFast paced Not appreciated by management Poor communication Penny pinchingColleagues greatIn general company expect too much

Pros

Colleagues and hours

Cons

Expect too much in time allocated

Cleaner

Early mornings. No support.Too much to do in very little time.Overworked underpaid. No praise or thanks just that's what you do get on with it..Payments often wrong and not sorted until following month.. AVOID

Pros

Cons

Early mornings

Full of bullies. Unprofessional right to the end. Borderline incompetent.

Very poorly organised, zero training and zero support. Worse cleaning company I've ever worked for.Managers unacceptable, they are not interested, no communication skills, one of them totally unprofessional, no people skills at all, uncaring, no empathy, completely unacceptable. Norse have lost alot of good workers/ cleaners. I have never known a company like it.Do Not Work For This Company!No support. Blatant disregard for health and safety of staff. Staff treated like dirt.Have first hand experience of this company, so I can safely say,Do Not Work For This Company,Ever!

Bad company

They treat you like a serial number used up and forgotten have no care towards anyone as a human being. Payroll and HR are happy to fob you off blaming each other for wrong doings.... for a company which is county council linked they treat you very badly..... do t believe anything and I wouldn’t work for them ever again

Pros

Cons

Loads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORSE GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8