North Bristol NHS Trust

North Bristol NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews

nhtrusthospitalpatientstaffteamhourhard

Mixed emotions

The job itself is amazing.I'm terms of development and progression it's very limited. There's no regconintion for hard working people. Management want you to fear them or they project a very unapproachable environment for you. People that work in care should be very caring but that's really not the case.So if you don't want to progress much and you're happy in one place .You come to work to work and ignore negative energy from people then every now and again there's a glimmer of sunshine.

Good Place to work.

would recommendgood paysupportive teamgreat managementLots of support if requiredgreat team environment, fair place to workOverall North Bristol NHS Trust provide good service

Insights into North Bristol NHS Trust

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Xx

Clearly understaffed, they don't look after their staff members, people overwhelmed by with impossible shifts, really hard to get one day off, even when it is under a GP recommendation...

great place to work

would recommend good pay supportive team great managementLots of support if required bonuses and NHS initiatives great team environment, fair place to work

a nice place to work for

Extremely cliquey in catering. Terribly two-faced people, management are very quick to complain about their staff… to other staff. You WILL be expected to work twice the amount expected for the same little pay, ie: work two wards in one shift, and if you don’t get everything done to a perfect standard, you’ll be complained at and about. You won’t receive any help without it being begrudgingly given. Bank staff don’t do their jobs properly, so if you’re contracted: good luck.If you want my honest advice, do the bare minimum, or they will exploit you.

Pros

dynamic

Cons

long hours of work

Productive and supporting environment.

Working at NBT can be challenging but is very rewarding. Colleagues are very supportive and can help you when you struggle.

Pros

Bank shifts, flexible

Cytology Department

The Cytology department at Southmead Hospital is first class. The staff were wonderful, if you had a problem everyone tried to help The best they could. Management, especially the head BMS was a kind and gentle soul and would go above and beyond.

Cons

Some of the friendliest staff

North Bristol trust was my first role out of university and was an excellent first place to work. The staff are very friendly and the management was mostly very positive.

Pros

Brilliant colleagues

Cons

Poor pay

Pharmacy

Good job for security during covid. Unfortunately there is a bullying culture here, including people with special needs. I have never been somewhere where I have been so badly treated. High turn over of staff so always jobs available. No progression really unless you move to another area of the hospital. Management lack professionalism, equality and integrity. No flexibility and COVID precautions poor.

Pros

Learning and research development team

Cons

bullying culture

Ambiente di lavoro dai ritmi stabili, forse ripetitivi

Nei reparti amministrativi, si può trovare un ambiente di lavoro tranquillo, ma attivo, nel quale è semplice organizzare il carico di lavoro secondo i propri ritmi pur rispettando le scadenze assegnate.

Fun, supportive workplace

I worked as a psychology placement student in the Head Injury Therapy Unit in Frenchay. The team were lovely, all very supportive and easy to talk to. I was not paid a wage for my time there, it was entirely voluntary. I didn't drive to commute but I don't believe they would have covered any work-related driving costs had I done so, as I was a placement student. The team were creative in coming up with new activities for patients to take part in, such as gardening in the ecotherapy garden. There were frequently shared lunches with the team which was a nice opportunity to catch up and try one another's cooking. We did a couple of activities together such as bowling and trialling an ecotherapy session with an external establishment. These were great fun. I would recommend working there.

Will get involved in a variety of work situations Knowledgeable people who are generally easy to work with Good work-life balance Very dedicated people

North Bristol is keen to develop staff

I worked in North Bristol NHS trust from 2003. This trust has taken an active role in my personal and professional development. I have started in NBT as a band 5 Theatre Practitioner and with the support and encouragement of line managers and senior managers I have made my way up to a Band 7 Clinical co ordinator. During my period in NBT i have gained clinical and managerial experience. If I get a chance to work for the trust again I will happily accept the role.

Enjoyed my time.

Enjoyed my time working with NBT. I was part of CCHP who transferred over to Bristol Community Health. Prior to this my time with NBT was thoroughly enjoyable.

productive work place

The hospital was very interesting, a lot of thought, effort and care has been put into it so that patients receive the best care possible. The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful

A stressful place to work

Management have no care whatsoever for patients. Thank goodness for doctors and nurses. The Trust is Well known as having a 'management bullying culture'. Middle management regularly upgraded on pay scale yet job specification unchanged. High sickness rates of clerical and junior staff, with stress, anxiety related issues

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Extremely poor management

ok

As it is a bank role i.e 0 hours contract, there is no job security and work can be very hit and miss. Luckily I found a full time role for the length of time I needed it so this was not an issue.

Pros

reasonable hourly rate

Cons

unpaid break

Poor Communication & Poor Ward Management

Unfortunately during the past 4 years of working within the Brunel Building, I have learnt how poor the communication between the employees and management truly is. And this is a major issue particularly on the wards, so many frustrated staff who are willing to talk about their problems but never anyone to talk to who they feel they can trust and is willing to do anything about it to help change the circumstances (which most of the complaints I’ve heard are fixable) Management do not make time to get to know their employees and team which is a BIG problem, not enough praise towards the staff, continuous amounts of pressure instead. Really big shame because there is soo much potential in a lot of my colleagues and their lights are fading fast. Expect to walk around 20,000+ steps per day. Unmotivated colleagues. Flexible hours if willing to work long shifts. Endless amounts of pressure. Expected to take on more than your role due to constant short staffing. Too many management, too many different rules. A lot of staff gossip and school like behaviour. Great weekend, bank holiday and night shift rate. Discounts on various restaurants.

Pros

Shifts are flexible, Opportunities to rotate around the hospital in various roles

Cons

Poor management, lack of common sense, lack of everyday equipment, a lot of walking

Fun Workplace

I can kindly recommend North Bristol NHS Trust for people who wants to develop skills in healthcare. The hardest part of that job is constant pressure

Pleasant workplace

Pleasant environment and great place to work. Friendly staff a variety of tasks involved. Flexible shift patterns. Regular training courses to keep all qualifications up to date.

Pros

Good hours.

Cons

Lots of walking.

Brunel

Enorme re-structuration de deux hopitaux,en ville.

Pros

tres belle hopital

Cons

les distances de part endroit de hopital, trop loin

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Bristol NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement