North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Lovely people

I did clinical placements at North Tees while being employed by the British Army. I wasn’t paid by the trust as I was paid by the army but I enjoyed working there and the lab staff were all lovely people. They were understaffed though and therefore overworked.

Feeling valued

Management lacking in some areas. Lots of working in silos and a number of people with their own agenda although there are good people there, just not in management

Pros

Canteen discounts

Cons

Long hours and regular restructuring

Loved the culture

I loved working at North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Trust, and really enjoyed the culture here. The staff are very supportive and welcoming and are progression options.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Salary

Terrible

It's a call centre and very stressful, no support is offered and the management only look after themselves they can't help much as they never do the job! Very clicky place the staff are always looking for jobs and the staff turnover is high.

Pros

Cons

Shift patterns, no support, worked beyond your limits

Single Point of Access

I have worked at the single point of access for a few years now, the work is varied and interesting, training can be intense ! but the whole team is friendly and helpful.

Pros

Interesting work, friendly place to work

Cons

Shift pattern, but knew when i applied it was shifts

worst job ever

staff are horrid. and bully and intimidate you. change your router without asking you and talk about you when you turn your back. horrible place to work

I enjoyed my time there, it was interesting.

I worked as a casual through an agency at the University Hospital of Hartlepool for 3 months. I worked as an administrator and dealt with medical records, sending out letters etc. It was a unique place to work for in the fact we had no manager. The manager herself worked over at North Tees Hospital but she never checked in on us or visited Hartlepool.The working environment was very slow paced, you almost felt like you had to go slower so you could drag the work out. Everyone seemed to get along and be civil with each other except for one person who was a bit precious. The first couple of weeks were very disorganised. The workers were not told a temp was coming and were not expecting me. For the first 2-3 weeks I had no I.D Badge and no computer access so I was given letters to fold and mail out by hand. In the last week, there was hardly any work for me left so I was sent down to medical records to file old letters. Most of the old letters had no file to go with so I put them in the confidential waste bin. On my last day of work there, I was interrogated by one of the workers (Who wasn't from my department) as to where the letters were as she did not believe I had filed all of the letters, I told her I had put the ones that had no file left in the confidential bin. She marched with me down to medical records and made me point out my error (Which humiliated me in front of everyone). I was then sent home, 30 minutes later. The worker in question openly admitted she did not like me and said it was because I did not do something for her weeks prior (Which -

Fantasic place to work

I have worked here now as a domestic for almost 4 years. I can honestly say working here is brilliant I really do love my job. My supervisors have been very understanding when my son was poorly. I really would recommend anyone to work here its fab!

Overall Summary

Although a secure job manning levels and pay is quite poor. The working environment is good but really fast paced. Most of the work is repetitive and not very satisfying. Staff are friendly and team members work well together.

Hartlepool hospital

After working in the single point my whole experience working there was an absolute nightmare from start to finish. The management team are extremely unprofessional and there is no support for staff Amat all. There is no confidentiality with the manager and she talks behind everyone’s back.

Busy Workplace

NHS Teaching Hospital Poor salary and benefits Good flexibility if you need any time off for any reason Poor progression opportunities Poorly ran by management

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Progression opportunities poor

Very rewarding workplace

When working within the NHS I understood how demanding it can be, even as a care assistant. Although it can be hard and sometimes repetitive it is a very rewarding job, making a difference to the patients just by having a conversation with a friendly face when they are on their own. All staff work extremely hard to see and help as many patients as they can while providing the best care for each one. I enjoyed having the opportunity at being a part of a large team of staff and helping with common duties household duties such as bed making, laundry and food rounds.

Productive workplace

I was here as a pharmacy student on a one day work placement. The staff were all really friendly and helpful and I gained a lot of knowledge about working as a a pharmacist in a clinical environment. I learned about key communication skills in talking to patients especially patients who may be confused. I also saw how the pharmacy runs and all the different roles that need to be filled. The hardest part of my day was a patient got very confused and started to get physically aggressive with the staff and needed to be sedated. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to patients and get to know more about them and their experiences as well as talk to the pharmacists and doctors and nurses.

A nice, friendly place to work. Most staff very helpful and make the hospital a good place to work. I have learned a lot and have worked in two different departments.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Not always enough staff present

Workplace

As all wards from hospital , my ward has it own routine. We have medication rounds, getting patients ready for day or for theatre(pre op care), administering of anitibiotics, changing of dressings, admitting and discharging patients. Throught the time since i have started working on my ward i have developed and improved my skills. Looking after patients with different health problems, looking after patients post op. The most enjoyable part of job is when i see my patients discharged well and healthy, sometimes i have met them walking on street and recognizing me.

Pros

Team Work

Cons

Short break

i enjoyed working here

I really enjoyed working here and for the orthopaedics department, all were very friendly and supportive. I got on well and didn't feel under pressure.

NHS great pension

Great place to work if you find the right department. Hardest part of the job is shift work which some people like, but I did not want to do nights any more.

Pros

Great pension

Cons

Night hsift

Fun and exciting workplace

I worked with the communications team to create a health and safety video. The team were all upbeat, open to ideas, and easy going. We bounced ideas off each other to try make the best video we could.

Pros

hands on experience

Nice environment to work in.

This role was very well supported and you completed packs before you left to you’re own work load. This allowed you to feel comfortable and supported.

Pros

Well supported.

Cons

Too many different start times and finish times.

fun workplace

I have learned Endoscopy skills, and managerial skills leading the endoscopy procedure room, it is nice because you can do various jobs as admission, discharge, recovery, leading the procedure rooms, a good time flying job.

Never a dull moment

Ringing RN an HCA to come in for shifts Making sure all wards are covered with staff The hardest part of this job is trying to cover the wards in the winter when quite a lot of staff are off sick

Pros

Flu jab in my dinner time

Cons

Worked Saturdays when required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement