North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews

Poor management

Some ward areas who have good leadership are brilliant. Surgical wards on whole are very good Some wards have a toxic environment due to bad managers and this continues when you leave there area ignoring you and refusing your onward training in there area, honestly through no fault other than they feel this is justified as you are lower ranked and they can! Mixed shifts are difficult but get on the right ward and this job is rewarding

Hinchingbrooke is a very friendly and welcoming

I love working at Hinchingbrooke, it is very easy to fit in. The unit is proactive in supporting staff and responsive to patient needs.It's an easy drive to work and parking is easy.New hospital being built so lots to look forward to.Also the restaurant is great.

Insights into North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Bad to work for

This hospital is awful, from the top to the bottom. If the CEO gossips then the expectation is that everyone else will gossip. Your data is breached all the time, there is no control. Staff constantly off with work related stress. Staff turnover is huge, but still they do not look at themselves, they blame everyone else and just start gossiping again. Do not work here.

Good team to work with- Microbiology

Lovely people, welcoming and professional. They seemed to enjoy training me to a high standard. I would happily work there again. Interesting job. Everyone feels valued. The microbiology department have a brilliant team.

Pros

Subsidised canteen, good food.

Cons

8pm finish

Not welcoming

Overall, all of the doctor's notes are typed rather than handwritten, making them easier to read. However, the therapy department in Peterborough is not welcoming; there is a lack of support for band 5 OTs, the preceptorship programme is completed virtually all of the time, clinical supervision is not well led, there aren't enough band 6 OTs, poor management, gossiping, and a lack of support for OTs, which is why there are so many OT vacancies.

Waste of time

I would not recommend working here managent are useless. Training structure well there isn't any. Too many people are leaving unhappy place. Not enough people and every one is overworked and stressed. Car park is free until March then you have to pay yet again which is ridiculous. Payrise on a yearly basis is not guaranteed so you work you hard and get nothing back.

Pros

Home time

Cons

All of it

Bad management, gossip, no support, bullying, stress

DO NOT WORK HEREFor somewhere that’s supposed to be supporting and caring it’s far from it.Rude management they will you shut down if you explain any of your concerns or how you are feeling, they DO NOT care about your mental or physical well-being, bulling from management is absolutely disgusting, colleagues gossip all the time.Constantly feel stressed due to lack of support, moved around left right and centre physically and moved to different speciality’s all the time, no care in the world about covid-19 due to desk swapping/hoping.

Pros

Making friends

Cons

Long hours, bad management, gossip, no support, bullying

Interesting & friendly

Worked there for four years in the same department really enjoyed my time there, colleges were lovely most people are friendly & helpful, with opportunity to take part in additional training.

Pros

Staff benefits.

Cons

High staff turn over.

Well supporting senior colleagues and excellent team work

I was newly qualified when I started. Received great support from most members of team. Continuous training and supernumerary until feeling confident. preceptorship program for all new staffs to the trust as standard to ensure easy transition.

Not enough hours in the day to do what is expected

A typical day would start off with a number of tasks that need to be done. It would end with exactly the same number of tasks outstanding due to managers wanting other things to tight deadlines, changing the goalposts, crises in clinical areas which require immediate action, mandatory meetings or training set up on your behalf by managers etc. Next day or so managers will ask why your tasks have not been done! Managers have little understanding or interest in what your role entails or what demands are being placed on you by others only in what they want you to do for them. Consequently there is a widening gap between staff and managers. This is a shame as there used to be a more collaborative culture but it's almost like they don't care if people leave now. Most enjoyable thing is going home!

Pros

Close to home, nice colleagues, nice patients

Cons

Long hours unpaid, highly pressured, no recognition or progression, not nice patients

Ups and Downs

Trained here, unfortunately, on many occasions, staffing levels prevent decent support for many pre-ceptee midwives and student midwives and all workforce alike. There used to be (and still are) staff members that I learned so much from. Their experience and expertise were second to none. Unimpressed with some policies and procedures. Not always consulted by management regarding issues that affect all the people on the "shop floor". Need more mental health first aiders and dedicated areas for mindfulness and escapism at work to ensure staff can really shut off on their breaks when required or possible. If staff are looked after, the staff will ensure that everything else is all well and good, but at times, staff feel undervalued, not listened to and have low morale. At other times - everyone pulls together and morale increases despite surrounding circumstances.

Broad shoulders required, strong character and determination

Lots of audio typing with additional admin duties. A difficult working environment with poor management/team leadership. Most would rather not be there. Quite clicky. Patients usually OK though.Interesting subject matter. Parking and exit from site difficult.

Productive and great management

I worked for North West Anglia as part of a 14 month contract apprenticeship and my manager was incredible when it came to me needing time to do my coursework and to do required tests. My job day to day taught me a lot of skills the hardest being learning to deal with unsatisfied patients and how to make things better for them and how to rectify the situation so it wouldn't happen to others. I was always kept busy and have no complaints!

Good team work at clinical level but management could be vastly improved

Since the merger to become North West Anglia, I have noticed that management has been getting poorer. I personally thi k that the whole organisation is too large and the staff and patients are suffering as a consequence. It's been disappointing to experience but shows a picture of how broken the NHS is as a whole.

Collaborative and thorough

Working as a team is very important especially when there is pressure and a high level of turnover of patients. There is also limitless learning opportunities which improve knowledge and skills.

Pros

Good team work

Bullying is rife

Bullying seems to be encouraged from the top down, senior management do not support or encourage staff. Lots of staff off with stress, HR do not know what they are doing and continue the bullying culture. I would say keep away from this Trust if you want to look after your mental health.

Pros

Cons

Bullying culture

Manager not good

Not a nice place to work you’re just a number no one helps you you’re let on you’re own The company is not good to work for..... ............ ................,

Pros

Lunch ok

Cons

Pay for parking

Rewarding

Working for North West Anglia trust is very rewarding but generally your manager does expect a lot from you for nothing extra. It is hard work but isn’t everywhere? I love helping patients and generally throughout the hospital the work life balance is okay

Pros

Staff discount at restaurants etc.

Cons

Pay for parking

Don't look after their staff

As a ex staff member I think the management should take a very long and hard look at the way they treat the staff. The staff are overworked and underpaid and the majority will go the extra mile for their patients but with recognition or thanks from management. The staff are so demoralised with the job and the way they are treated that they are leaving this Trust and who can blame them?

Pros

Cons

Pay to park, long hours, no recognition.

Busy, productive workplace

Very busy environment, not just in clinical areas but administrative too. Great opportunity to work with colleagues from varying specialties and experience.

Pros

lovely new building

shocking treatment by hr/management

friendly place too work,unfortenly they put me through a nasty unnecessary investigation as fake allegations were made but they believed the accuser not me. HR are not based in the hosp and are as useful as a chocolate teapot ,do not keep contact and make someone that is accused of something suffer badly then give a bad refrence after,

Pros

Cons

bad treatment by hr

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust with

North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust reviews by location

Learn about North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust in popular locations

• North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?