North of England Commissioning Support

North of England Commissioning Support Reviews: Working at North of England Commissioning Support

United Kingdom18 reviews

Good managers

During my time as a temp here I worked with some good BPs and managers.Only problem was the people at my level were just nasty pieces of work and bullying.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Bullying

Avoid!!

I worked in the HR department and it was like a witches coven. Very, very cliquey with some very questionable behaviour from some people. I only stayed because it was a temp gig and certainly wasn't sad when it ended.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Where do I start . . .

Insights into North of England Commissioning Support

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks

Good place to work, although different from lot of other NHS

Worked with some great people here, and really interesting work that kept me engaged. Feel like I've learnt a lot while I've been here and has really helped me to progress.

Pros

Benefits, colleagues

Cons

No canteen

Chaotic, no leadership, cliquey

I worked for the Projects and Programme Team at Durham and Middlesbrough. I have never worked for such a disorganised department before. They employ people to fill and retain the headcount budget not because resource is needed so lots of people have nothing to do. They regularly promote their favourites through tokenistic interview processes when it’s clear to anyone who is going to be selected. There is an accepted culture of bullying with multiple grievances in the short period that I worked there. I would never recommend NECS to anyone, I was embarrassed to work there.

Cons

Bullying, no leadership, favouritism

Be warned

Thinking about working here? Stress levels in the service desk are insanely high. Targets are only manageable if the daily MI is avoided. micro managed at every chance by team leads who belittle staff constantly, treated as a child if you make a mistake. Training is listening to calls, with constant new work loads added to your daily tasks, no support from team leads, Who are always too busy to respond. Expected to learn knowledge base updates without been told they have even changed. New staff constantly need training by staff trying to take calls, which results in more call volumes for remaining staff. It's all about saving money and having the minimal staff to cover call volumes.

Privatisation at its worst

This is a Capita type organisation feeding off the public sector like a parasite. The staff are not qualified or capable to do the jobs asked to do but form cliques and blame others.

Pros

Learning

Cons

Idiot Cliques

Treat temps not very well

Treat temps not very well, monotonous jobs to do, good at making sure that you keep to your hours of 37.5 per week, if you work over you get these back during the quiet period after month end

Good opportunities depending on your position.

I did enjoy working here at first but my job changed so much. There seems to be lots of people doing the same thing and lots of middle management. People are generally really busy and pressurised - not a very happy environment. You don't really know people's names or what they do - lots of duplication and you feel like a number in a massive office. It is well paid and there are plenty of opportunities to develop, just not for me.

Not the gold standard I expected

Our NHS data department was taken over by NECS and from day one we could all sense it was not a good thing. I took early retirement to get away from this company. Clique and deluded group. Incompitance is bad, incompitance with arrogance is the worst of all.

Don’t touch this job for PHB Middlesbrough!

Stay well away from PHB team middlesbrough. Always needing staff because people are leaving because the manager is just beyond rude and really full of herself while her stand in manager is about 20 with no experience and just looks down her nose at people. I have never experienced such a bad atmosphere, overworked staff, lack of training and support- and if your face doesn’t fit you have had it! Stay well away from this rude and vile place.

Pros

Cons

Management need training on how to manage!

Very busy work place

I spent most of my time organising staff travel and staff ID badges. The majority of the work apart of this was organising meetings via Outlook, little interaction with other staff.

Training poor, no consistency

Work place culture: Very much a 'clicky' work environment with a high turnover in admin staff!! If your face doesn't fit then you won't be kept on past your induction period. Training very very poor. Hubs all have their own way in working and if you are moved around then you get disciplined for not working their way! Just no consistency at all. What I learned was very basic and certainly not enough to be able to perform my duties as required. Total lack of communication between staff. Management: poor

Pros

Cons

Too many to mention

Terrible communications team

Very poor management in the communications and engagement team. Long hours with many managers always 'working from home' and not easy to contact. Many of the team only seem to work from lunch onwards.

Cons

long hours, unpaid overtime, unprofessional environment

Typical NHS

As is typical in the NHS, there are processes and procedures to follow, however these are sometimes unclear. You have to take initiative and figure things out for yourself a lot. Management have too many staff reporting to them to effectively support and line manage. Rely on colleagues to get information rather than management. The company could benefit from a proper induction process.

Pros

Work-life balance is great as not expected to do over 37.5 horus, There is flexible working i.e. if you work 30 mins over one day you can take it back the next day, Receive all the NHS benefits which are excellent

Cons

There isn't a good balance of workload in the team so some staff are over-assigned and others under

Productive and friendly workplace

A Typical day started with checking the centralised inbox for the CCG's New Invoices and Coding them and then forwarding them for Authorisation. Printing any Authorised invoices and Posting them onto Oracle.Checking Oracle for any Miscoded Invoices and Creating A journal to Move them to the correct codes. Once a month we held a Team Meeting at one of the sites with all teams present. This was good as you got to meet the people from the other teams and discuss any problems and how you could resolve them and move the process forward. The hardest part of the job was when the process for month end was delayed out of your control which reduced the time you had to meet your deadlines.The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with, management and co-workers, they were all friendly and always available for advice.

Pros

Good Work Environment and Colleagues

Cons

Long Travel to Job Location at 2 of the sites

Excellent experience but management style is poor

Claims to be an open, transparent organisation with employees offering benefits such as flexible working, home working etc. This is not the case once in post and managers do not really reflect the organisation's values with their staff.

Productive, challenging and rewarding

A varied place to work which gives an insight into the work and challenges of the NHS. The work keeps you busy all day. The workplace is light and airy.

Interesting work

All the staff were employed on temporary contracts so there was a large turn-over of staff, making it difficult to have any cohesion to working practices.

Pros

Nice location

Cons

temporary contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North of England Commissioning Support. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement