Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom64 reviews

Average workplace

Not a bad place to work. However many issues working for the NHS as a whole. Often moved to other wards and areas by managers due to staffing issues. Concerns not heard when uncomfortable about the area you were being sent to.

Pros

Good team

Cons

Lack of support from higher management

Great place to work, hard work and fast paced but rewarding. Lots of different departments so there is chance to change which one you're working in via applying internally when a job comes up

Insights into Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Nice people but poor management

Its okay. Wouldn't want to work here long term but I worked part-time whilst in Uni so treated it as a saturday job. There is little room for progression and interviews for higher positions are handed out randomly and are completely biased. It is a nice place to work and the people are lovely, it is easy to pick up overtime.

ok

very stressful environment to work in as it is very understaffed everywhere. Shift patterns are very good and can have a lot of time off in one go. but when you are actually there it is very stressful and you feel under appreciated.

Pros

days off

Cons

Was wonderful, now too many chiefs and not enough staff.

I have worked here since I qualified in 2018. It was an excellent preceptorship as a new nurse and pre covid was a great place to work. Since covid and beyond it has changed. There are so few staff now that you do have to take on more and more patients past the recommended patient to nurse ratio, many of the lead nurses only care about beds and will not step in to help you and it is clear that you, as a nurse are not important. I have experienced not a great deal of support from management, and feel I need to look elsewhere for a job. This is a shame because it is an excellent hospital and was once an amazing place to work and I loved it. But too many chiefs have made it almost unbearable at times, and I have felt continuous anxiety about each shift. If they were able to recruit and retain a lot more staff and deal with the poor top level management I'm sure it would go back to being a wonderful workplace.

Great

Love my team. Great group and relaxed atmosphere. High quality patient care delivered and have supported me through numerous life events. Can only speak for my department.

Pros

Flexible

Understaffed and Underfunded

Spent most of my time working by myself. Cliques within the team which was always uncomfortable. Alot of staff jealousy if you finished at 3pm and wasnt contracted for late shifts.

Pros

Helping people

Cons

Cliques, Shortstaffed

Not a bad place to work

Everyone was friendly and great to work with, you may also make some life long friends along the way. Always make yourself busy as there is always plenty to do

Pros

NHS Staff discounts

Cons

Worst place i have ever worked in the NHS

Management awful. Couldnt organise anything if they tried. They lie. They have favourites. They sit on things for days then blame their staff. They are not supportive and there is no training for staff when you start, they dont know what they're doing so obviously how are they supposed to teach you?!!

Pros

Pay ok and leave ok

Cons

Management dont support or manage in any way, shape or form.

Smoke and mirrors

Its great that the trust has amalgamated very profitably but this actually means that there is no one person properly managing a given area. For example the 'excellent, award winning" preceptorship is absolutely non existent, there definitely is a toxic culture as so many have previously mentioned. So many of my friends have gone to work at different trusts and have felt so much relief and they are much happier so I will be doing the same. Bye NCA but I won't miss you especially your nurse managers band 6s and 7s who have had no proper HR training and hate anyone with a mental illness.

Pros

Cons

Toxic, no breaks, unpaid overtime etc etc

Nhsp bank

Gone back working at my old trust , back on the unit with my lovely colleagues during this pandemic.Good team and PPE.Potential for career development

Pros

Good Team

Cons

Not permanent

Great Hospital to work at.

Loved working here. It's a great hospital to work at. Made great friends. Like any establishment, there are always times when it is short staffed, but if you work in a great team, you can cope with that.

Pros

Majority of things

Cons

Location. Just too far from home.

Bullies domestic manager

Don’t work for this bad company manager and supervisors are buillies very hard work they don’t care about your health especially mental health please be very careful

Pros

Hours ok

Cons

Poor

Plumber

unfortunately for the work undertaken on a daily basis the wage is far to low. When the pay was mentioned to management and team leader of the plumbers they would try to belittle the job role and the plumbers responsibility’s as not worthy of a higher wage. The managers and team leaders of the plumbing department under value and vastly under appreciate the role of the plumbers within the hospital

proactive friendly

everyone in the work place was very kind and friendly and everyone gets on really well . the staff made me feel very welcomed and made me feel a lot less nerves than what i was

Bullying managers

Childrens services Some managers are yes people who do anything to progress themselves Culture of bullying Unsupportive of reported bullying issues Experience not valued Roles changed without consultation

Toxic Environment

Environment on Critical Care is toxic. Senior nurses like to humiliate you in front of other staff. The team of (8 or 9) Matrons have no continuity in management style and treat people very differently according to popularity. They also like to manipulate their off duty to allow themselves and each other to pick up the highly sought after NHSP shifts at weekends. Certain matrons are bullies and are allowed to get away with behaviour because senior managers are frightened to do anything about it. It is a problem which has been going for a long time !!! Working on CCU at SRFT is just a popularity contest in my eyes and one I am relieved to be out of.

Poor hospital to work for the line managers are bullies in certain areas of the hospital would not recommend srft to work for your face has to fit poor

They like yes people. They want people to ignore the fact they are understaffed and just do the job at hand. The patients are not the main focus the paperwork is. Such a shame as the place used to be a nice place to work now it’s run a as business and money making scheme. It’s sad really. Too many management and not enough front line staff.

Calming and inviting workplace

I volunteered with St Georges Day Centre for a placement alongside my university degree, and found a welcoming home in Aspire Support and NHS Salford Royal Hospital services. They were very accommodating and kind staff with great intentions and professional execution of creative projects.

EAU- Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

Excellent place to be a patient, horrible place to be an employee. Worked on EAU with a lot of cliquey seniors who loved nothing more than to belittle and scream at their own workers in front of other colleagues and patients in the bays. Sabotaging confidence and self-esteem soon became the ‘norm’ and you wonder why you have such a high staff turnover? Leaving SRFT has been the best career move I ever made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement