Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust

• Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

NLaG

Working for NLaG has been a big learning curve for me on so many levels. Not only because I have come from South Africa and had wrongly made certain assumptions based on the fact that South Africa used to be a UK Colony and thought that the two cultures would be fairly similar. I have learned a lot of new skills considering I have completely changed my career as I am a qualified Tool, Jig & Die Maker and served 4 years at sea in the merchant marines as a junior marine engineer. I get on with most people and find that I am a far better people person that ever before. I am still not fully confident in the top level management at NLaG but I am not alone there and who is ever fully confident in the management of the company they work for. On the whole I am very happy with my job and am would like a weekend job to help with the growing costs of living as this is always increasing at a massive rate but earnings do not keep up.

Pros

Work with people a lot in my job and feel I am quite good at this.

Cons

As with all positions, there is always so much more to learn, but at least I am eager to do so.

Supportive management

This can be a fast paced profession, you are however able to approach and discuss any concerns and or worries. Very regular team meetings with the opportunity to discuss all aspects of the job. There is the opportunity to speak to your team leader/ manager one to one also.

Pros

Support

Cons

Changing shifts

oncology pharmacy

good staff friendly pharmacy department can be more organised and supportive at times, in general good progression, can improved on helping new starters and providing more training

Awful

I do not recommend working here whatsoever. Huge bullying culture, no chance of progressing, your skills are not appreciated and you’re asked to do tasks you are not paid for. Management discuss your personal business with others out loud for everyone to hear. One rule for one and one for another. Concerns are never taken seriously and patients and employees alike are treated as numbers rather than human beings. Avoid avoid avoid.

I will miss it.

I was a podiatry assistant and have just finished. All i can say is the podiatry team are all amazing and i have enjoyed every moment working for them. I worked at Scunthorpe hospital and have developed so many new skills from the podiatry team at the diabetes centre which has helped me to get into uni so i can go study to become a podiatrist. I dont have a bad word to say about this job role or the staff. Will miss them all and hopefully in 3 years i will work along side them all again as a qualified podiatrist.

Pros

Great team support and all very friendly. Great for obtaining new skills.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?