Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust

Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust Management reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Productive and hard working team

The Medicine Speciality Teams are very busy environments to work within. Due to this, they forge very strong administration teams, and I have thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to manage one such team. I have had a strong strategic management team above me, who have pushed me to try for personal and professional improvement.

shocking workplace

Bullying is rife, unless your managers pet then you get away with it. if you make a complaint about it, it gets brushed under a carpet and things get worse for you. No proper training by the ' techs ' either. they are not fully and properly trained themselves. you cant learn everything in a month. the equipment is old very, old in some cases and usually gets bodged back together with super glue. the newer equipment is so flimsy and cheap its unbelievable its apparently safe to go out and be used. Unless your a brown noser then stay away its not worth it. the staff turn over is shocking.

Insights into Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust

Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Poor workplace / daily bullying

I came from private industry into the NHS and expected high standards, all I found was the lowest of work quality in regards to nearly everything to the loss of ISO 9000 in 2 departments and nobody cared. If you are non-medical staff you are second class and are ignored. Poor supplies of equipment to the point that all the technical staff had to bring in there own tools and any spares they could find at home to complete the work. Most of the abuse my team received was not the public but the medical staff. All complaints covered up to make the hospitals look good to the public and management that you would not trust to change a bed pan.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, ever increasing workloads and no extra pay, if they get it right.

Not a nice place to work

The only thing that kept me going to work was my immediate colleagues. All my issues were caused by management- incompetant bullies, only concerned with reporting figures no concern for patient care

Awful

I do not recommend working here whatsoever. Huge bullying culture, no chance of progressing, your skills are not appreciated and you’re asked to do tasks you are not paid for. Management discuss your personal business with others out loud for everyone to hear. One rule for one and one for another. Concerns are never taken seriously and patients and employees alike are treated as numbers rather than human beings. Avoid avoid avoid.

NLaG

Working for NLaG has been a big learning curve for me on so many levels. Not only because I have come from South Africa and had wrongly made certain assumptions based on the fact that South Africa used to be a UK Colony and thought that the two cultures would be fairly similar. I have learned a lot of new skills considering I have completely changed my career as I am a qualified Tool, Jig & Die Maker and served 4 years at sea in the merchant marines as a junior marine engineer. I get on with most people and find that I am a far better people person that ever before. I am still not fully confident in the top level management at NLaG but I am not alone there and who is ever fully confident in the management of the company they work for. On the whole I am very happy with my job and am would like a weekend job to help with the growing costs of living as this is always increasing at a massive rate but earnings do not keep up.

Pros

Work with people a lot in my job and feel I am quite good at this.

Cons

As with all positions, there is always so much more to learn, but at least I am eager to do so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement