Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Great company to work for - very interested in the welfare of their employees. They provide regular training to maintain expertise of the workforce, and senior staff are very approachable.
Pros
Decent benefits scheme
Cons
American company
Collaborative work place , great problem solving, structured and feeling of pride to work there. Enjoyed the location, work ethics and corporate influence
This i a good place to work, interesting projects, and people are great. Location not ideal being in London traffic and parking not to good, Having said that i will just keep typing until i have filled this box up
Sperry develop critical navigation software for large Naval and Merchant shipping. Code quality is of paramount importance. Their process for mainiting their solution is the best I have seen in my 25 years working in Development BYFAR This means their code does not age by allowing 'hacks' The bug checking is excellent. So you can look at complex multi threded 15 year old code and it is still pristine - not hacked to death - which is why most code bases age and have to be retired.
Pros: I have come away with friends after my time of just under 2 years. Staff car park / two nearby train stations 10-15mins Flexible working hours Competitive Pay 45 mins Lunch Cons: Poor business systems No team-work Clique Culture Poor benefits i.e. no gym membership
Dictated too from the US headquarters with very little joint up thinking. Limited opportunities for progression Zero communication from management most days Some good people, but the culture is all wrong
Pros
Health, dental care, decent holidays
Cons
No progression unless you get into managers pocket
I have learned about 33 EU countries about indirect tax and rules. I had to manage team of two people. I was as well covering Direct tax so had to learn and research about different taxes by myself.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work weekends
Rules only seem to apply to a few employees, pay rises are awarded based on favour rather than performance. If you think you have performed well, forget about it a small issue you make will completely eclipse anything you do to try to rectify it.
Pros
Training was often
Cons
Long hours, Little to no recognition, hypocritical office management
Management scared to take responsibility,make a decision. Prone to blaming workers in the lower ranks than be accountable. There is no real management! Not sure what is your HR file! Typical day at work is watching your back. Hardest part of the job is doing the job as there is not much support and the culture. Enjoyable part of the job is I get to go home. Can't trust the people.
Pros
Industry
Cons
Management & Culture
Lovely place to work staff all made me feel very welcome. modern environment , staff were all very accommodating. I would recommend anyone to work their, was very sad to leave.
Pros
Beautiful modern working enviroment
Very old style of doing business, lot of waste - time, effort. Lack of joined up thinking, working in Silos. German team is outstanding but not given enough credit.
I have enjoyed being part of the QEC project. Working with NGSM has providec good exposure to interesting challenges and different business functions.
Pros
Good experience.
Cons
Hectic schedule
Worked with a lot of different technologies in the development stack, unfortunately not many developers with strong interests in learning new technologies,
Pros
Very open environment, occasional pizza party
Cons
Unenthusiastic developers
Poor management and supervision. promises were made which were not delivered. Northrop Grumman has a rich history but yet to establish itself in the UK hence the poor management.
Pros
Opportunities to progress
Cons
Poor management
nice place to work with great professionals wiling to help you in case of need, it was really nice to work there. good company, good people
No typical day. One minute I would be solving customer problems and the next I would be planning, scheduling and performing ;42 server upgrades,
Pros
Fun, fast paced and satisfaction
Cons
favoritism
• Typical day’s work would be to carry out Low Level Design (LLD) Architectural Design for NATO Intrusion Detection Protection systems (IDPS), which incorporate the complete End To End design of their Fibre Network, IP, SDH, DWDM and core networks. • In this role I learned a lot due to the variance of technological applications that are carried out in the field • No management duties were required in this role. The only management carried duties carried out was work load and time. • Co-worker are very friendly and co-operative, always willing to share their knowledge to those who are less knowledgeable in the field that they are experts in. • I find that the hardest thing about this job was to collate the require information from some departments due to their hours and distance that they worked from. • Due to my love of technology I find all section of this role enjoyable; from start to finish.
Pros
There are no pros in this role, due to the size of the location. No restaurant or cafeteria on site.
Cons
the distance that I had to travel everyday, didn't make life easy at all.